With the reception of MVCI so far I wouldn't hold my breath on any sort of revival. Shame since I enjoyed X and Black Panther.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I will never understand guys like Diversity & Comics-

Why HATE buy books you are not going to read to just bash them on youtube? Like he has done to Black AF novel that just came out from the makers of Black.

Or the other guy trashing DC's Dark Matter books.

When does logic ever come into play? The hate videos only promote these books even more to get people curious.

And Amazon benefits with trade sales and the comic book store gets nothing.

Wouldn't it be better to promote books that you do like?
    Well, some of these guys like DiC actually make money this way. They know there's an audience for anti-SJW content and it doesn't matter if the producer of it makes sense or not. They know that talking about something they genuinely like will get them fewer views than being negative or disingenuous over something popular or "PC". And their crowd gets to feel that they are part of something "anti-establishment".

What I don't get is why people who are active in this thread keep watching this guy's videos.

How are you going to complain about him hate reading, while y'all are hate watching. Him hate reading SHOULD ultimately negatively impact his financial situation (which IMO is good, because #### that guy), but instead by hate watching you are helping get him paid.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    What I don't get is why people who are active in this thread keep watching this guy's videos.

How are you going to complain about him hate reading, while y'all are hate watching. Him hate reading SHOULD ultimately negatively impact his financial situation (which IMO is good, because #### that guy), but instead by hate watching you are helping get him paid.
    Yup. I ain't giving these people the clicks.

Here Are the New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as Well as the African American April O'Neil

Although this marks a first for April in animation, whether or not this is the first ever African American interpretation of the character as part of the wider TMNT mythos has long been a question of debate. Some fans saw the earliest versions of April, as seen in Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird’s original comics for Mirage, as being depicted as darker skinned and potentially African American or of mixed-race heritage, before the character evolved into the red-haired Caucasian iteration that went on to appear in the animated series.
    Eastman and Laird have also had a history of disagreeing about April’s heritage in the original comics—Laird always saw the character as white, and Eastman has said she was originally modeled after his then-girlfriend and eventual wife, who was African American. But even aside from the muddled origins of April in the comics, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ April marks a pretty major first for the Turtles’ animated oeuvre.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/here-are-the...ell-1822625408

BANNED

Edit: Oh do you mean they regret buying DBFZ? Anyway in regards to MHW:

The beta is a really poor representation of the finished game. I preordered awhile back because it sounded interesting and I wanted something different. I didn't really like the beta that much but figured I could always cancel my preorder.

Once I saw the decent reviews I decided to go ahead and grab it anyway and I'm glad I did.

Differences from Beta

1. The time limit is actually 30-50 minutes.
    2. You started off very underpowered and actually have to learn how to track the monsters over several hunts and learn how to fight them.
    3. There is a large "hub" area where you can buy items, craft armor, and eat food to boost stats. This is also where you set up co-op hunts via essentially an "office corkboard/items for sale" style posting board.
    4. There are more regions and a lot more monster. Each large monster feel like it's own boss fight.
    5. You can capture monsters.

Was talking about FighterZ, I managed to get in on the MH beta and liked it

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Damn. Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite got blown the **** out the water lmao.
    https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/...t-two-million/

And it’s already hit the biggest user drop off on Steam, you’re lying to yourself if you thought this game would have legs in the long run( not saying you specifically). When folks can still find matches regularly in SFV and MVCI but not FighterZ which just came out you have a whole ton of problems

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Here Are the New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as Well as the African American April O'Neil

Damn....you really do learn something new every day.

Maybe it's like a trainwreck, something so horrible you can't look away.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    With the reception of MVCI so far I wouldn't hold my breath on any sort of revival. Shame since I enjoyed X and Black Panther.
    I was happy we finally got Panther in this series, but it's like they did every other decision just to alienate their fanbase. They're saying it did so badly they might not even have it at EVO this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

I'd heard people bring this up before, that April looked black or mixed in her first appearance in the comics, but the TV show and movies didn't run with that design.
    Last edited by Holt; 02-02-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Mannn, I don't know about the early April O'Neil lookin' black back in the day. I was in Jr. High when TMNT first got hot and I was also a comic fan at the time and I sought out those early Eastman and Laird books. Not the Archie stuff that mimicked the first cartoon neither. Matta fact, the first trade I EVER got was the collected Turtles issues with the Triceratops guy on the cover. I guess if you close one eye, the early April's hair kinda had a Tina Turner Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome thing going. That's about it though.

... now Raphael, that dude was black, so...
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Damn....you really do learn something new every day.
    Not feeling the art style but maybe it will look better animated. One of my nieces loved the last cartoon but i'm sure by now she's too old to be watching TMNT.

also, can I please go somewhere online and not run into creepy types who apologize for pedophillia? the shithead in the comments was really gross and sad. they'll get more offended over a Black April O'Neal then the thought of sexualizing an underaged girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I was happy we finally got Panther in this series, but it's like they did every other decision just to alienate their fanbase. They're saying it did so badly they might not even have it at EVO this year.

I'd heard people bring this up before, that April looked black or mixed in her first appearance in the comics, but the TV show and movies didn't run with that design.
    Problem was it was inconsistent depending on whether Eastman or Laird drew her. Sometimes in the same story

BANNED

in those old books, April is definitely "not white"

I do, however, take issue with her being a kid/teenager

I liked her better as an adult

From The Onion

Man Prefers Comic Books That Don’t Insert Politics Into Stories About Government-Engineered Agents Of War

" Land was posting on a subreddit that he wished comics didn’t force him to identify with gay or black superheroes when all he wanted was stories about oppressive governments rounding up mutants whose only crime was to be born different."