Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I never, ever expected that reaction to a hydra cap end page.

I read it and went "whoa, where are they going with this"

Went online and saw people losing there damn mind. So, so bizarre
    Most of that was people that don't read the comics but have become fans of the character through the movies. A lot of people never read the comic in question, they just saw the last page and are angry about it.

I didn't know there thoughts on the Ultimate Captain America being black. Wonder if he'd have been Steve Rogers or someone else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Most of that was people that don't read the comics but have become fans of the character through the movies. A lot of people never read the comic in question, they just saw the last page and are angry about it.
    It wasn't that much better here on the Marvel boards.

BANNED

See this with parker spider man on here

"Slott sucks"

"Peter stark sucks"

"I havent bought sm since omd!"

Yet it stays highest selling solo series at marvel and the people know exactly what is going on each issue....

This pretty much, add in the desire to see Marvel to stop selling top selling comics/tpbs that feature Miles and Kamala because one of their homies posted one panel featuring them being a "Mary Sue"

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I like Penny Dreadful. Really, really like the show.

But holy **** is it bad with men of color. From two wise POCs most likely to die, to self hating Dr. Jekyll, it is rough.

I'm genuinely afraid of a woman of color joining the cast.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

BANNED

I like it the haters have the cap they deserve.

Ha, actually that's a good point I hadn't considered

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Naw man, the marvel forum here had multiple threads

And lets be honest... those were not movie fans sending death threats
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Naw man, the marvel forum here had multiple threads

And lets be honest... those were not movie fans sending death threats
    Movie fans don't care. The main group throwing all these fits are comic book nerds.

It's movie fans who loved Falcon & Black Panther. They are the ones going giddy over those two. Just like with Static, John Stewart, Vixen and Blade. It's the comic book side that has the maturity issues.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

A interview with the latest guy trying to keep Cyborg a depressed mess with a new look-He looks like the love child the Borg & Robocop didn't want you to know.

I see why it's the least ordered book.

He's in America toilet bowl-Detroit
    He has no nemesis.
    We will get to understand what it is like to be black in America.

If this was ANY other black male character and that line was used in an interview. You already know the the reaction.

Ultimate Member

http://whatculture.com/film/dcs-phas...y-be-cancelled

Just a rumor....

If that leaker is to be believed, we're going to see the Superman sequel alongside Suicide Squad 2, the rumoured Birds of Prey project that Margot Robbie brought to Warner Bros, Crime Syndicate and New Gods. Unfortunately, the Cyborg film has been cancelled, with the character for now limited to his team-up in the Flash solo outing

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    A interview with the latest guy trying to keep Cyborg a depressed mess with a new look-He looks like the love child the Borg & Robocop didn't want you to know.
    It's not a new look. They reverted him to his Forever Evil costume which I assume is the only one Geoff Johns is comfortable with. It's really looking like he's going to lose his ability to turn into a regular dude.
    Last edited by HereNThere; 06-19-2016 at 08:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Movie fans don't care. The main group throwing all these fits are comic book nerds.

It's movie fans who loved Falcon & Black Panther. They are the ones going giddy over those two. Just like with Static, John Stewart, Vixen and Blade. It's the comic book side that has the maturity issues.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

I see why it's the least ordered book.

He's in America toilet bowl-Detroit
    He has no nemesis.
    We will get to understand what it is like to be black in America.

If this was ANY other black male character and that line was used in an interview. You already know the the reaction.
    Another great post, SV.

I really want to see how Cyborg is presented in live action.

Will his presentation attract the audiences like BP & Falcon? He already looks like a freakshow compared to the other members of the JL.

As far as his book....well....he's the premier black hero DC wants to promote the most.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Another great post, SV.

I really want to see how Cyborg is presented in live action.

Will his presentation attract the audiences like BP & Falcon? He already looks like a freakshow compared to the other members of the JL.

As far as his book....well....he's the premier black hero DC wants to promote the most.
    But how is this promotion?

Look at Black Panther and now look at Cyborg.

Dc buried, limbo or side kick status every other black hero even to the point Cyborg was the ONLY black at DC with a solo series. Going into Rebirth-he is the only one.

Marvel didn't bury anyone for Black Panther.

Right now Dc is willing to endure backlash for a freak show black guy among the beautiful white folks (yes I know Jason Samoa & the WW lead are mixed but comic wise they are not).

He will be the only JL member to not not ave a movie.

He will be the worst solo selling Leaguer. This was among the LEAST ordered books and we are 2 months away from his book and we only have ONE article on it?

Yet we know about everybody else except Supergirl.

Yes Avengers have Nova & Vision stinking it up but Vision gets high praise and Rich Ryder fans hate Sam Alexander as do most stores.

All this prove is Cyborg was tossed on Justice League to be a token and keep John Stewart out.