Page 957 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 4578579079479539549559569579589599609619671007105714571957 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,355 of 35047

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Of course they did, Wilson has had a bone to pick with Val ever since he started writing him in World's End. One only has to look at how he's written in Convergence and Taylor to see how much the current writer doesn't like him. But the Artist whose drawing the book is a huge fan of Val Zod and has been asking to draw more of him, and Wilson was like wait until issue 4. So you can clearly see a difference of interest. For christ sake, they did not share one kiss on panel. Not one.
    If I may ask, what else has Val been put through?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Out of all the heroes, Batman feels like one of the worst heroes to bring this up.

He's made a name of himself beating down lower class criminals. Brutally at that.

70's Bruce Wayne was specifically a dude who treated the causes of crime with the Wayne Foundation's good works and the symptoms of it with
    Batman's heroics (70's DC comics tended to omit the vigilante aspect of the character).

It's post Frank Miller that we got a Batman that was mostly "Rich dude suits up and beats hell out of the proles".

The smarter Bat writers post Miller (Like Morrision) tended to avoid having Batman fight street crime precisely because of the unfortunate implications.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    70's Bruce Wayne was specifically a dude who treated the causes of crime with the Wayne Foundation's good works and the symptoms of it with
    Batman's heroics (70's DC comics tended to omit the vigilante aspect of the character).

It's post Frank Miller that we got a Batman that was mostly "Rich dude suits up and beats hell out of the proles".

The smarter Bat writers post Miller (Like Morrision) tended to avoid having Batman fight street crime precisely because of the unfortunate implications.
    I always found it odd how Supes and Wondie got accused of being upholders of the status quo when they tended to fight white collar criminals (Lex Luthor, Veronica Cale and Barbara Minerva) more than Bruce by comparison.

Read the Batman issue in contention...

It was way better than I expected.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

BANNED

squeeing like a tween, ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!

one-punch man anime adaption has arrived

edit: ...ugh. not official, just some poorly subbed preair rip. squeeing stopped
    Last edited by 7thangel; 09-09-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Of course they did, Wilson has had a bone to pick with Val ever since he started writing him in World's End. One only has to look at how he's written in Convergence and Taylor to see how much the current writer doesn't like him. But the Artist whose drawing the book is a huge fan of Val Zod and has been asking to draw more of him, and Wilson was like wait until issue 4. So you can clearly see a difference of interest. For christ sake, they did not share one kiss on panel. Not one.
    So Val and Kara's relationship was official and didn't share a kiss!? I wonder did the artist have any interest in drawing that, but the writer said "no".

I love IR relationships. And it would've been really cool to see two Kryptonians sharing a kiss. I would've picked up the comic just to see that.

Do you think it's possible that they'll get back together again?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    squeeing like a tween, ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!

one-punch man anime adaption has arrived

My Facebook time line is more hyped for that then the return of Dragonball Z

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    So Val and Kara's relationship was official and didn't share a kiss!? I wonder did the artist have any interest in drawing that, but the writer said "no".

I love IR relationships. And it would've been really cool to see two Kryptonians sharing a kiss. I would've picked up the comic just to see that.

My guess is the artist wanted to do it and the writer basically cock blocked the whole thing
    Last edited by Smoov-E; 09-09-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    My guess is the artist wanted to do it and the writer basically cock blocked the whole thing
    If leo619 is correct that the writer doesn't care for the character, then it wouldn't be that surprising. In fact, I had no idea that Val/Kara was official. Hopefully they'll get back together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If I may ask, what else has Val been put through?

Since Wilson? Well first he went from a major player to being almost completely ignored. His lines and role was completely moved to background status, while Taylor built him as a full fledged major character. In World's End, most of the discussion and interaction centered around PG and Helena, who he admitted as his favorite character. I didn't mind that PG and Helena had a major role, I didn't like that fact that Val was literally just there. He could've been replaced by anybody and nothing would have changed.

Than against the battle with darkseid, he was literally not able to land a single blow against him. He pretty much was a punching bag, made to be held by his neck and tossed aside. It was literally pathetic. So when world end was over, I was glad and was hoping Taylor would come back. Sadly they brought back Wilson and now this crap happens.

This is where the confusion come from. Val Zod helps bring in diversity, but when you have a writer who has no interest in the character, it just seems like they're trying to make their lives miserable.
    Before, I use to be under the impression that some cast member should be forced if it's to help with diversity. But if a writer retaliates by treating the character like that, than what's the point?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

Under this guy, sadly no. When Wilson took over the book, in world's end, there was literally no development in their relationship what so ever. If it wasn't helena, it wasn't part of PG time. To the point to where I didn't even know if they were a couple until when PG blast Val Zod away with eye beams saying "We're finished.", I was like what, so they were actually together?

The same crap happen to Ultimate Cloak and Dagger. Bendis spent a lot of time building of Cloak and Dagger's relationship into a beautiful romance. Than the minute they were placed on Ultimates, their relationship was near non existent until towards the ending of the relationship where for stupid reasons they broke up. Fortunately, Bendis wasn't having any of that after right after Ultimates ended, Bendis put Cloak and Dagger back together. But that's how you can tell that people have problems with certain relationships.

If they had at least developed the relationship, and than broke up at the end, it would've been more acceptable. But the fact that PG and Val relationship was non existant in world end, to the point to where she didn't even cry when it was thought that Val Zod was dead, when Val Zod went to convergence, and when there relationship does show up, it's for a break up? That's too fishy.
    So hopefully, like with Bendis and Ultimate Cloak and Dagger, Taylor will make a come back and put back the wrongs that wilson is doing because it's obvious he has no love for Val Zod.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    http://www.music-news.com/ShowNews.asp?nItemID=92074

Tbh, I'm not sure how I feel about her comments. I'm not American myself, but I do kind of get her anger and there is some truth to what she's saying. It's obvious she's not a Trump supporter, but her comments can be read as being more willing to throw others under the bus for her benefit. I don't know. Someone else wanna weigh in.

This why I try REALLY hard not to let anybody bring up Immigration around me as most people are full of it on that subject. If you have zero papers there's not much you can actually get in City/State services. If you don't know that, you are too ignorant to be speaking.

BANNED

Since Wilson? Well first he went from a major player to being almost completely ignored. His lines and role was completely moved to background status, while Taylor built him as a full fledged major character. In World's End, most of the discussion and interaction centered around PG and Helena, who he admitted as his favorite character. I didn't mind that PG and Helena had a major role, I didn't like that fact that Val was literally just there. He could've been replaced by anybody and nothing would have changed.

Than against the battle with darkseid, he was literally not able to land a single blow against him. He pretty much was a punching bag, made to be held by his neck and tossed aside. It was literally pathetic. So when world end was over, I was glad and was hoping Taylor would come back. Sadly they brought back Wilson and now this crap happens.

This is where the confusion come from. Val Zod helps bring in diversity, but when you have a writer who has no interest in the character, it just seems like they're trying to make their lives miserable.
    Before, I use to be under the impression that some cast member should be forced if it's to help with diversity. But if a writer retaliates by treating the character like that, than what's the point?

Ah so Val got Beechen'd

All-New Member

Isn't time either marvel or dc launched a mainstream on-going staring a major transgender character???

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-chan View Post
    Isn't time either marvel or dc launched a mainstream on-going staring a major transgender character???
    I wish. Sadly Marvel's have never even launched an on-going comic with a gay or lesbian team leader or a gay or lesbian solo series. It's gonna be a while... DC will absolutely do it first.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Ultimate Member

Since Wilson? Well first he went from a major player to being almost completely ignored.

This is what happens when you have weak leadership and weak editors. Folks who don't actually pay attention nor care about certain characters.

You just saw what keeps happening to minority characters (especially if that one is named John Stewart)-a lot of time spent building them up and someone shows up to bring them down.

Then when they get called to the carpet they will say-"We are diverse look we got Cyborg for you." Never mind you ruined Val, John Stewart and so many others in the process.

A strong editor would have nipped all this in the bud. If you don't care for Val-you shouldn't be on the book PERIOD. But this is what you get when you keep bringing in the same folks who love the same set of people.