Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I think it was marvel marketing/editors who killed that ( Bishop being Filipino or half Filipino), they supposedly look at around at the X-men roster around the time Bishop creation & the X-men cartoon said the X-Men needed a Blk male member & was shocked by the lack of Blk male characters.. So they redesign Bishop base on one or two famous Blk body builders/lifters at the time.. Something to the that effect is what I remember John Byrne posting on his forum when being asked about Bishop creation..
    That's what I heard, too. Claremont did add the aborigine part in x-treme, years later (said Gateway was his grandfather, but didn't say anything about the rest of his family) Though, question for the thread in general, and not trying to be critical in any way, why wouldn't aborigine 'count' as black?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This movie is FINALLY showing in a black neighborhood.

For ONE WEEK

At 3:25 PM-where no one can watch it.

Final showing for the film end this month.

Its funny this film only showed mainly in white communities. Well those Oscar nods will help dvd sales. Hate having to wait till next month.
    This isn't even remotely true......

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This movie is FINALLY showing in a black neighborhood.

For ONE WEEK

At 3:25 PM-where no one can watch it.

Final showing for the film end this month.

Its funny this film only showed mainly in white communities. Well those Oscar nods will help dvd sales. Hate having to wait till next month.
    Huh?

Its showing at the Magic Johnson Theater in Harlem right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    It's definitely an improvement but considering that they showered La La Land with nominations it's likely that'll be the movie that gets the most love.
    [from wikipedia] record-setting six black actors were nominated. The nominations also included black actors being nominated for every acting category in the same year for the first time, three black actresses being nominated in the same Oscars category (Best Supporting Actress) in the same year for the first time, and three black screenwriters being nominated for Oscars in the same year for the first time.

And I can add: Barry Jenkins is now the fourth ever black male to be nominated for Best Director (as of right now, no black woman has ever been nominated for Best Director).

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I hear Viola Davis is pretty much a sure thing for her category though.
    Anyone who thinks she won't win knows NOTHING about acting, or Oscars. It's a shoe-in. Also, ground-breaking. She is now THE ONLY black actress to be nominated three times. EVER!!!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-25-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Anyone who thinks she won't win knows NOTHING about acting, or Oscars. It's a shoe-in. Also, ground-breaking. She is now THE ONLY black actress to be nominated three times. EVER!!!
    Just because someone has the best performance doesn't mean they'll win. We've seen that many times in the past. The most glaring examples being the years Denzel Washington didn't win for Malcolm X or Hurricane.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Just because someone has the best performance doesn't mean they'll win. We've seen that many times in the past. The most glaring examples being the years Denzel Washington didn't win for Malcolm X or Hurricane.
    Or slightly more recently, Eddie Murphy not winning best supporting for DreamGirls.

All-New Member

Attachment 44233

Anyone else think this is great? I just love shang chi

Extraordinary Member

That should be a really fun issue.

Has it come out yet?

Black Panther movie logo.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Is anyone here planning on getting tekken 7?

What people always forget about that was Denzel already had an Oscar, and Al Pacino had not yet won; THAT does play a factor.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

rewards are so freaking stupid
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    rewards are so freaking stupid
    Its all based on who has the best FYC campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Is anyone here planning on getting tekken 7?
    I'm kinda burnt out on Tekken, plus I hear Raven isn't in it anymore.

So if I'm understanding Tekken correctly: its essentially father Heihachi vs corrupted son Kazuya with genetically altered grandson Jin in the middle. I mean there seems to be more going on but that seems to be the focus, emphasized by the promo for Tekken 7 (half of Heihachi's face with the other half being Kazuya). I know about the devil gene and how it skips generations (fell smack dab on Kazuya) but is apparently only on the mother's side, the mother who was the main villain for part 6 I believe? Heihachi's dad was thought to be a villain but was actually good and kept under a house (I forget which game).

Gameplay wise, I'm more of a 2-D fighting game guy anyway. Street Fighter 4 and 5 seem to kinda blur the line between 2-D and 3-D so that's cool. King of Fighters, I only like playing as Omega Rugal but he's been absent from the game for a while.

Ultimate Member

This isn't even remotely true......
    Sorry about that I should have said here in DALLAS-it didn't show in the black community until last week.

It was like with Dear White People when it showed here in only the white community.