Page 111 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 11611011071081091101111121131141151211612116111111 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 35047

RIP Ruby Dee.

Ultimate Member

JTG is now gone.

So 7 POC are gone from the WWE. Maybe 8 with Vickki G leaving. Although she just got a new figure released.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...html#idc-cover

From the comment section

Goodnight, sweet prince x

If I can't rely on JTG sitting home collecting a WWE paycheck in this mixed up crazy world, what can I rely on? This is like hearing there's no Santa Claus.

LoP's comment section is about to break.

I'm more shocked now than I was when Takers streak was broken.

We need to get a 'Thank you JTG' chant going.

I think JTG being released was more upsetting than when my girlfriend of 5 years left me. THE STREAK IS OVER.

But someone else had some interesting comments-

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/..._Releases.html

eff Jarrett posted the following today on Twitter, teasing that some of the recently released WWE talents could be joining his Global Force Wrestling promotion:

"Well, the Independent Wrestling talent pool just got deeper today... And, it's really deep already... #GFW"

- JTG tweeted the following after his release:

"Damn ! Why I pick up my phone !"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Really? I thought you knew me by now. LOL

What I meant by my comment was it's funny how a film that was in bulk everywhere suddenly vanishes off shelves-even to the point you can't find it used in most cities. We had poor-middling reviewed white films stay on shelves longer and even become cult on dvd yet with ours they vanish.

Especially when someone in some of those films begins to break out.
    yeah, i don't know about that. but then again, i don't check the walmart/target/futurecrap shelves for dvd's

Jordan's performance worked out because EVERYBODY no matter the race could relate to the character that he played. Because the end result could had happened to anyone. When I went to see it-no one was talking or making jokes-it was silent and at the end-you did your job when white folks were crying in the theater.
    no, it couldn't happen to anyone. how that went down and in similar cases, there wouldn't be the same end result. or the start

Ultimate Member

Good news for Mr. Clay

http://www.24wrestling.com/brodus-cl...ate-debut-920/

Following their release from WWE today, both Brodus Clay and Curt Hawkins have already signed to work their first post-WWE appearances, as the two will make their Pro Wrestling Syndicate debut in Rahway, New Jersey on September 20th.
    That didn't take long.

So with the rumor today that there will be another Green Lantern on the big screen what are the odds that WB will use John Stewart? I think the chances are pretty slim to be honest but it's nice to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    So with the rumor today that there will be another Green Lantern on the big screen what are the odds that WB will use John Stewart? I think the chances are pretty slim to be honest but it's nice to dream.
    Yeah since Cyborg will be appearing in Justice League I'm not holding my breath for 2 black superheroes on the team. But they could surprise me...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

I don't see them casting more than one black person....

You're sure as hell not gonna see Simon Baz.

As my drivers ed teacher used to say, the odds are "Slim to none and slim left town" It'll probably be guy or kyle.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The newest blue beetle Reyes I think is kickass. He could be used in stories to talk about the issue of illegal aliens, and racism.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Yeah since Cyborg will be appearing in Justice League I'm not holding my breath for 2 black superheroes on the team. But they could surprise me...
    I think TWS showed us that you can more than black character on screen at a time. Sure one could argue that Sam Fury was't really apart of the team but the point still stands. But they might play it "safe" and just use Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    The newest blue beetle Reyes I think is kickass. He could be used in stories to talk about the issue of illegal aliens, and racism.
    Jaime could've been used in a multitude of ways but DC dropped the ball big time.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    I don't see them casting more than one black person....

You're sure as hell not gonna see Simon Baz.
    Like they say, quoted for truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Just like with Static's series it's just a sad reminder of what could have been, with fans wanting them to become the teen version of "The World's Finest" DC was like naw son

I think TWS showed us that you can more than black character on screen at a time.
    Heh, well of course they CAN. They always COULD. They just usually don't.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Heh, well of course they CAN. They always COULD. They just usually don't.
    They might stick to Cyborg but, if the JLA gets very big (maybe like the cartoon) they will certainly have more than one GL. There is no reason not to. I think they need to rethink certain "hollywood and/or movie ideas." The public is not that dumb. They can understand that the GL is a Corps and there are many. They have seen the JLA Unlimited.

Another reason why the biggest stars are not needed. Actors with smaller egos and case loads would be best. They can pop in for a movie and then a small part or two in other movies. Guest appearances without tantrums.

BANNED

Playing the Destiny beta, skipped Halo but the premise of sci-fi/fantasy western speaks to me

Not much in way of hair style for "black male", two dreads styles or damn near bald aka Shaft style
    Last edited by Smoov-E; 06-13-2014 at 12:30 AM.