Page 400 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 3003503903963973983994004014024034044104505009001400 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 35047

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnetic View Post
    Magneto is a poor excuse for an ally. He's a genocidal racist who sometimes walks on the side of angels but eventually reverts to type. He's not a part of the Unity team and as far as I can tell he left Scott's team to do whatever it is Magneto does. He's helping the heroes fight Skull for the same reason Doom, Enchantress, and the other villains joined the fight, it's in their best interest. Sure given Magneto's history it's more personal for him but it's hard to sympathize for the racist would-be despot killing the other racist would-be despot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Plus, it's not like Magneto killed Skull when he was about to blow up a bus full of orphans or something. Skull was already defeated, and Magneto picked up a rock and bashed his brains in with it. That's murder, no matter who it happens to.
    Yea you're both right, I just think it should've been handled better instead of yelling at Magneto. He doesn't respond well to yelling, at all >_<
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56573

DC is looking for a women to direct Wonder Woman.

Any candidates you guys think could really nail the concept?
    I thought of Kathryn Bigelow too, how many female directors are out there anyway?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    She certainly stepped her game up on those two films. No diss to Point break but when anyone sends in a resume they usually highlight their BEST work.

Jim Lee was great on Alpha Flight. But how many cite that as examples of his work?
    Go back and rewatch those early films, she always switches it up with each movie, the problem is people get lazy and only want to roll with short term memory

Jim Lee has never been great he's been riding a wave of ok for years

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    The Oxford English dictionary would disagree with you It's a term created in the 90s to replace the more commonly used "gender-normative" (and it's quite obvious why that had to go).

[....]
    Actually, you'll find that the OED disagrees with you. Cisgender has not been in common usage long enough to be accepted into the OED, although it is currently on the list for possible future inclusion.

As for the handsome man losing this fight, the word has been around since around WW1 (in German). And first brought over into English in the early '90's. It's about as real as 'selfie', or 'emoji' or 'emoticon' or 'crowdfund' or 'derp' or 'twerk' or 'screencap' or 'cyberspace' or çarjack' or ... I'll stop now 'cause we can keep going for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Grace Randolph responds to a poster in the comments.

What movie did she watch?

The Black students are doing fine?

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A biracial student who is in danger of being kicked out of her program because she is dealing with fitting in with other Black students while secretly having a White boyfriend and a sick white father?

A Black gay writer who is being bullied and ostracized by his all white dormmates, met with suspicion by his all black dormmates, while wrestling with the ethics of painting a negative picture of Black student racial issues in order to further his writing career?

A dark skin black student who self-conscious about her dark skin colour and other Black features (hair and eyes) along with her lower income Black neighborhood background trying to fit in with her White peers who come from different and more privileged backgrounds while dissociating herself from the students who more overtly proclaim their Black identity?

A Black male who is trying to live up to the standard set by his ever-present father while mitigating the current politics of being a Black student leader at a White school, having a white girlfriend who is the daughter of his father's life long rival and boss, following his own dreams separate from his father, sucking up to the son of his father's life long rival and boss while self-medicating to deal with the pressure?

These are suppose to be portraits of students doing quite well?

These are suppose to be portraits of students doing quite well? This is a clear example of Grace not being able to see 4 very diverse Black perspectives. The party was just a backdrop to the overarching theme of finding one's identity and path while being Black at a White institution. There is no room for a White perspective in that discussion. To make an analogy, white supremacy underlying the school experience and metaphorically represented by the Blackface party, is like a natural disaster. The movie is not about what causes the natural disaster or how to stop it, but instead its about how 4 people have to make their way through disaster and survive.
    That is not at all how I thought the main characters would be. They seem like the type that would've been excommunicated back when I was in college. I'm still curious to see the movie but I can wait for it to come out on rental.
    “Let the King get back on his throne." - Jay Briscoe

Point Break is one of those movies I'll stop and watch every time it comes on.

Best Keanu ever, for real

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Point Break is one of those movies I'll stop and watch every time it comes on.

Best Keanu ever, for real
    See John Wick

That's all I'm gonna say

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    See John Wick

That's all I'm gonna say
    Directed and developed by Keanu Reeves former stunt double from the Matrix Movies. With some consultant work by the Washowski brothers so that is why the action is somewhat Matrixy/

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56573

DC is looking for a women to direct Wonder Woman.

Any candidates you guys think could really nail the concept?
    I'd rather they searched for the best director, regardless of gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    The extreme majority (RE: 95%) of major directors are str8 white men. This is not a coincidence, nor is it an example of hiring the best person for the job (because what a magnificent coincidence that would be; if they always hired the best for the job and they randomly all end up being str8 white men). A female director does often have a different, more informed take on female characters. That is not to say discount all male directors, but why not look to have a unique perspective for the first truly major female solo superhero movie (one "in the pipe line" for decades).

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    Here we goooooooOO!!!!!
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    The extreme majority (RE: 95%) of major directors are str8 white men. This is not a coincidence, nor is it an example of hiring the best person for the job (because what a magnificent coincidence that would be; if they always hired the best for the job and they randomly all end up being str8 white men). A female director does often have a different, more informed take on female characters. That is not to say discount all male directors, but why not look to have a unique perspective for the first truly major female solo superhero movie (one "in the pipe line" for decades).
    I agree.

I was hoping that they would do something like this. I was wondering how they would tackle this seeing how this character means a whole lot to women around the world.

To combat those things you pointed out there are just some things you have to do on purpose otherwise how do we get there?
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Directed and developed by Keanu Reeves former stunt double from the Matrix Movies. With some consultant work by the Washowski brothers so that is why the action is somewhat Matrixy/

Didn't mention The Matrix, was mentioning that Keanu in Wick was channeling Point Break

BANNED

Didn't mention The Matrix, was mentioning that Keanu in Wick was channeling Point Break
    Was just mentioning that the director was the co-stunt coordinator , and stunt double for Reeves in the Matrix 1 2 3 and the cinematographer was from the Matrix as well as the guy who wrote the screenplay.

Reeves could be channeling Point break...I was just saying everybody else was from the Matrix.

omg Wick is really Johnny Utah isn't he?