Page 204 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 1041541942002012022032042052062072082142543047041204 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 35047

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Christ, talk about jumping into the fire. Knowing him, he probably didn't gain many friends in BC.
    The few times I saw him posting there he was pretty damn tame by his standards. He was addressing the usual BS that pops up in regards to diversity within and behind the scenes of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    He rarely posted on the boards.

i'm pretty sure I've seen him posting over on Bleeding Cool boards also.
    yea I use to talk with the dude, he mainly posted on the Wonder Woman boards
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

BANNED

BlackGodKing sounded like he was speaking from utter frustration which I can understand. And not everyone is called to higher levels of activism--but that is in no way a right to diss everybody else.

Also..If trayvon, jail sentencing for hate crimes against gay persons, and the Border Crisis has shown..there are multi-ethnic/gender civil rights supporters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    That must have been before I stopped being a dumbass (so before I got a verbal smackdown by McDuffie) because I don't remember him, lol.
    Don't feel bad I got one too from McDuffie.

Son of Baldwin was one of the good guys. I miss his blog.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I feel like that Daily Beast article is giving marvel a little too much credit, and throwing too much shade at dc. Yes it's great that there are more diverse characters at marvel, but it doesn't address the lack of diversity among writers, artists, and editors. DC has a huge library of diverse characters they just don't use, because they assume they won't sell. They would if they pushed them as hard as marvel does.
    Dc has earned that shade. They have been HOSTILE towards minority and female fans.

As for the writer, artist & editor issues-I think that will get addressed as we see more movement from Marvel. Somebody is going to point that out or Marvel will address it beforehand.

[QUOTE]They also didn't criticize the dumb stuff Marvel have done with their female character over the years but did that with DC./QUOTE]

Well DC make it way too easy. See Batwoman.

Look at it like this aside from Eli Bradley-what popular minorities are MIA in Marvel? Not counting anyone who is dead.

Now go to DC-we would be here all DAY with that list.

Lets look at this too-in terms of trades/collected stories for minorities.

DC
    Jaime Reyes
    Jason Rusch
    Ryan Choi
    Hawkgirl

Marvel
    Miles Morales
    Power Man 2
    Eli Bradley
    Mettle
    Hazmat
    Prodigy (pretty much the entire New X-Men cast)
    Chris Muse
    Dusk
    Monica (Capt Marvel or whatever she calls herself)
    Black Goliath 2
    Ladyhawk
    The Runaways

That's it for the big two (as far as I know). These are the only guys who every appearance can be found in trades. Notice who is missing. How can you help the profile of your minorities (don't get me started on women & LGBT) if you can't find them in trades?

And many of the missing best stories are not in trade. John Stewart anyone? His marriage, wife's death & first appearance are MIA in trades.

Double post
    Last edited by Jamal; 07-20-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whiskey, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis

I can't post the description here because I'm on my phone but the Milestone panel at Comic Con is promising to answer all the questions we have been asking over this past year.

This might settle some of the DC debate on diversity or show that Milestone is ready to move on from that deal...I hope.

If any of you guys are going please update us on the situation; the panel is on Friday.
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whiskey, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Only a matter of time before calls for DC to get is act together started.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/32124...to-do-the-same

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...quo-rules.html

I dunno...those articles seem a little on the Marvel fanboy-ish side. While I'll commend Marvel for the attempts that they've made in the last year or so, where were these titles 5 years ago? During the nu52 DC had several titles starring women or minorities...Marvel had two or three. Of course, we know what happened to those titles, but DC at least published them. Rather than say DC needs to take a page from Marvel, I'd say the opposite has sort of happened. DC started out stronger as far as diversity is concerned, but dropped ball. Marvel then saw an opening and picked it up.

Also, I don't think female Thor is a stick you can use to beat DC up with. They have two female spin offs of Bats and Supes each and three of them have their own comic.

Haven't read the article but dc pretty much always has more female lead comics going than marvel. I mean up until a few years ago they HAD to keep Wonder Woman going monthly no matter how bad it sold because of some rights issue with the creator's family (at least that's what I've read). When it comes to racial diversity they've trailed behind marvel (not that marvel has been great at it).
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Haven't read the article but dc pretty much always has more female lead comics going than marvel. I mean up until a few years ago they HAD to keep Wonder Woman going monthly no matter how bad it sold because of some rights issue with the creator's family (at least that's what I've read). When it comes to racial diversity they've trailed behind marvel (not that marvel has been great at it).
    I think it was that DC had to publish at least three or four issues of WW a year or the rights would revert back to the Marston estate. DC didn't want that to happen cuz even during the periods when the comic wasn't selling well, they were still making money off the WW merchandising.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
    I can't post the description here because I'm on my phone but the Milestone panel at Comic Con is promising to answer all the questions we have been asking over this past year.

This might settle some of the DC debate on diversity or show that Milestone is ready to move on from that deal...I hope.

If any of you guys are going please update us on the situation; the panel is on Friday.
    Didn't they say that last year? I got Milestone in my heart always but like a Black Panther movie I ain't believing it until I see or hear it live and in full color

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal View Post

yes. Somebody please update/

Also in other news.

Star Wars: Episode VII Casts Christina Chong

BANNED

Speaking of Star Wars news, I hope everyone is ignoring that leaked script as nothing more than a bad hoax. They've come about with the past three remakes, and have been hyped up as being the real thing. But have been dead wrong every time.

BANNED

ugh, that thread in the marvel section.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    yes. Somebody please update/

Also in other news.

Star Wars: Episode VII Casts Christina Chong

For half a minute there, I thought this was a pic of Joey Wang (Chinese Ghost Story and Comet, Butterfly and Sword). But she'd be older and anyway she retired from the biz ages ago, last I heard.