Page 141 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 41911311371381391401411421431441451511912416411141 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 35047
    Ultimate Member

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...death-24234259

"Rizzoli & Isles" is saying goodbye to Lee Thompson Young, who played police Detective Barry Frost on the TNT crime drama.

"They have not replaced him and don't intend to do so anytime soon," she said. "So his seat remains empty and it's something that we have had to look at and struggle with from day one of shooting."
    And Perception returns (well it came back last week but no one know it." Levar Burton appears.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    The R-word?
    Rotisserie.

Damn things are a pain in the a$$ to clean.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I wonder if that babysitter even cares that she could've nearly gotten a man killed. Eh, she probably doesn't even care, she's probably just mad that she got caught in a lie.

It's a good thing that little girl told the truth though, it's a sign that she's being raised right.
    I guarantee you she'd be appalled if anyone accused her of being racist. Even after this little "teaching moment".

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    I am not surprised in the least. Whenever I chastised its use in the show amongst co-workers I was told I was too Sensitive.

but all you have to do is look at how other derogatory language int used to know, the N* word is strategically used.
    One of the biggest problems that I have with THE BOONDOCKS is the constant use of the N-word. It's like the white executives of the network (and the entertainment industry as a whole) are sitting back and laughing at us degrade ourselves whenever that word is used in that show. I can see them sitting back laughing and saying to each other "Look at those dumb N-words refer to themselves and each other by that derogatory term".

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    You see things like that a lot with various networks. Their standards and practices often reveal their personal biases. I remember there was a period where every rapper but Eminem had the word gun censored in videos.
    Sadly, this is very true.

Ultimate Member

Sanders of the River (1937) with Paul Robeson & Nina Mae McKinney is now on TCM for the first time. Robeson has top billing for the film done in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    Here's something for you guys to chew on. When the latest episode of THE BOONDOCKS aired on Adult Swim last night, the F-word (the derogatory word for gay people) was censored/bleeped out. I think that it speaks volumes about the CN/AS network (and the modern day entertainment industry in general) that the "F-word" is censored while the "N-word" (as well as the "R-word") was not.
    I mean I don't think any of the words should be bleeped. How many black dudes casually toss around the F-word? How many gay dudes use N-word when describing African Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You can't say anything to Cartoon Network when so many have excused the use of that word. We have had too many folks who act like that would DIE if they can't say that word in a rap song or use it in a black movie. So you can thank them for all this-they made that word harmless.
    Sadly, this is very true. However, that still doesn't excuse the network from allowing that word on their show knowing the history of it. If a white CN/AS executive or employee got caught on tape using that word in a derogatory fashion, they would most likely be fired. So they should know that word should not be allowed uncensored on their network.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    I mean I don't think any of the words should be bleeped. How many black dudes casually toss around the F-word? How many gay dudes use N-word when describing African Americans?
    Not too many Blacks toss around the F* Word. I remember the controversy of Kanye using. No h*mo. But it was killed with the quickness so. No I don't agree/

The R-word?
    The now derogatory term that was once used in clinical medical science to describe someone who is mentally handicapped.

BANNED

Not too many Blacks toss around the F* Word. I remember the controversy of Kanye using. No h*mo. But it was killed with the quickness so. No I don't agree/
    Homo gets tossed around a lot but Gay is usually the go to word. Like when Riley said "that is gay" I hear that all the time.

You gotta be kidding? Black guys say the "F-word" all time. for example you on some "F-word type ****"

Snipers for some stolen electronics does seem like overkill.
    The report was that the intruders were armed. did you miss that part? Armed Home intruders definitely call for things like snipers as a response. The cops acted the fool on quite a bit of this case, but that was not one of the parts they messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    So Good... So Good
    My kids laughed their asses off at this! All the standards except for not knowing that calling someone Chinky, or Chinky eyed is offensive

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    The report was that the intruders were armed. did you miss that part? Armed Home intruders definitely call for things like snipers as a response. The cops acted the fool on quite a bit of this case, but that was not one of the parts they messed up.
    Yeah BLACK intruders

Good interview with Spike Lee where he speaks on something myself and others have said about the "Progress" being made in Hollywood:

Spike Lee on ‘Da Sweet Blood of Jesus’ and Hollywood’s Diversity Problem

----

I was going to ask you about the success of “12 Years a Slave,” “The Butler” and “Fruitvale Station.”

I know. These articles come out every 10 years. Every 10 years, I get calls, “Spike, can you speak about this new discovery of black film?” It changes that year, but then there’s a nine-year drought. I do not have a position at the studio. Spike Lee is not the greenlight vote. I think that question has to be directed back at the gatekeepers. Why do we have this renaissance of Hollywood’s infatuation with black people every 10 years? They need to be asked that question.
    Full Article