Made a mistake, sorry!
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whiskey, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Shawn James did an interesting video about what black writers can bring to comics.

Unfortunately, it follows three straight videos (!) where he felt the need to attack Hallie Berry.
    Hmm...just read the latest one. This guy seems to be a nutcase. If he dislikes Halle, fine. But that list of things he objects to that he tries to blame her for is laughably stupid.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Hmm...just read the latest one. This guy seems to be a nutcase. If he dislikes Halle, fine. But that list of things he objects to that he tries to blame her for is laughably stupid.
    And he did three! I think Hallie reminds him of some woman who rejected him or something.

Seriously tho, sometimes he does a video and he pretends to be making a social statement but it's some thinly disguised personal stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...p-american-wa/

So DC gets to toss extra copies of a book with a black lead (and a black writer) that no one asked for and nobody raises hell about it. Yet Marvel gets ripped even when they do it with established guys let alone unknown.

Heck in the bleedingcool comment section they are talking about censored words than the story itself.

Comic fans treat DC like R. Kelly fans treat R. Kelly

People are really dissapointed that Doomfist wasn't voiced by Terry Crews.

Ultimate Member

Spider-Man:Homecoming opens tomorrow so be prepared for an onslaught of articles, videos, etc about how Marvel's SJW agenda has infected the movies and thus the world is ending.
    What are they going to cry about -the lead is still a straight white male pretending to be Miles Morales.

That rage is being saved for Star Wars & Black Panther. While they praise Cyborg in Justice League as being perfect black representation.

Shawn James did an interesting video about what black writers can bring to comics.

Unfortunately, it follows three straight videos (!) where he felt the need to attack Hallie Berry.
    His rage can be epic at times. Remember this is a guy surviving off his writing and not a full time job.

I think the point of the Halle video is she won an Oscar for doing something stereotypical and opened the flood gates for what we see now. He just targeted one person when you can call out many.

And in his mind Halle running back for support in the black community after she ignored them-is par for the course since so many others have done it.

Ultimate Member

And he did three! I think Hallie reminds him of some woman who rejected him or something.

Seriously tho, sometimes he does a video and he pretends to be making a social statement but it's some thinly disguised personal stuff.
    When he is not on a rant-his point is we got too many talent black folks not pandering to stereotypes and folks act like that they don't exist when they cry for better representation.

How many times did he say Negro? He called post Monsters Ball the 'Age of degeneracy'...SHIT.... Yeaaa, I've never been a Halle Berry fan either but this joker turned that dial to 12. What's up with son's hair though? Is that a box or what's goin' on there.

Thing is though Angela Bassett was able to work in the exact same era as Berry has and has nothing but probably one of the most stellar careers ever for an African-American women in Hollywood and mentioned her once and that was along with Latifah and Vanessa Williams.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

Spider-Man:Homecoming opens tomorrow so be prepared for an onslaught of articles, videos, etc about how Marvel's SJW agenda has infected the movies and thus the world is ending.
    Opens in two weeks for me.
    Lots of threads I'm going to have to avoid...

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Opens in two weeks for me.
    Lots of threads I'm going to have to avoid...
    Taking my daughter on Sunday, she's finally at the age where she cares about superhero stuff.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-07-2017 at 08:05 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Taking my daughter on Sunday, she's finally at the age where she care about superhero stuff.
    Hope you both have a good time

Extraordinary Member

Once the dude got into why didn't you help struggling Black writers like me rant, I was done reading.

That ish is transparent as all hell.

If you are going to act like this is the first time Halle ever received kudos from the Black Community the dude must have forgotten that
    Introducing Dorthy Dandridge and Losing Isaiah ever happened.

Save us from misguided personal grudges disguised as serious thought.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    No one gets a pass for disliking Halle Berry.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    People are really dissapointed that Doomfist wasn't voiced by Terry Crews.
    I laugh when I hear or read "Doomfist"..
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Castlevania is out today right? Anyone watch it yet?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum