Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So any word on that "Cloak And Dagger" tv show?
    I haven't heard anything since the trailer. I wish they'd advertise it more and put it on a different station.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Fair enough (plus Miles's history hasn't quite reached omnibus length yet). Though whatever you do, don't tempt fanfic writers.
    Oh from what I've read they don't need me to tempt them at all. Makes me wish brain bleach was an actual thing sometimes.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    While that cool, more importantly Marvel finally got a writer that remembered the Blink is black/African by the way of the west Indians & not to be surprised a good amount of fans are upset about this LOL...
    To be fair, the vast majority of the artwork showing Blink made her look like a Purple Skinned White Lady and she's been played
    on screen by Asians twice to add to the confusion.

It didn't help any that she is a 90's character so she started out being drawn by a whole lot of peeps who had a real hard time with drawing anything halfway accurately in general.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...e-cast-1073646

Characters announced for the upcoming Suicide Squad animated film include Amanda Waller (duh!), Bronze Tiger (cool) and Scandal Savage (likely in a minor role). Too bad there's no El Diablo or Katana though...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

Peter Parker lost his uncle and first love, put up with demonization of his alter-ego by JJJ for decades, was buried alive, had his eye gouged out, sold his marriage, Norman Osborn PERIOD, got pregnant with himself, etc., etc......
    Um, this doesn't address anything. Smoov stated a white character doesn't "have" to struggle in and can be given a pass to be a white male power fantasy. He didn't state they "all do not."

Even more so, you list Peter's difficult experiences, but that is not the same "struggles" we're talking about. As Miles also has very difficult struggles with his Mother originally dying, his uncle being a coo coo that continues to haunt him in today's issues, his first girlfriend being hydra, his 619 counterpart being a kingpin in essence, and so on.

In our scenario however, we're talking about how a lot of white male readers what black hero characters to lose constantly and essentially be inadequate, (hence why I mention Finn, who pretty much embody's this trope to the letter.)

Then comes Miles, who was getting some serious W's under his belt for being a rookie, and people have been jumping on the "nerf" venom blast ever since, even when tons of examples have already been sent to the naysayers showing not only the venom blast doesn't ko someone every time, but also plenty of examples of him losing. He's pretty much loss the last three battles he's fought and that still isn't enough for people.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    In our scenario however, we're talking about how a lot of white male readers what black hero characters to lose constantly and essentially be inadequate, (hence why I mention Finn, who pretty much embody's this trope to the letter.).
    Ironic, since I found Finn to be the more relatable of the two protagonists (“guy who gets fed up with his shitty job and quits”).

Hey guys, Happy 2018!

I was wonder if any of you been checking out Superstition?
    I finally started watching it a couple of weeks ago and I like it a lot.

Attachment 60617
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whiskey, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    To be fair, the vast majority of the artwork showing Blink made her look like a Purple Skinned White Lady and she's been played

It didn't help any that she is a 90's character so she started out being drawn by a whole lot of peeps who had a real hard time with drawing anything halfway accurately in general.
    LMAO, bruh you're talking like people still don't have these problems today. Because of how comic book art is, most comic book artist has a cookie cutter face where they just change the hair style, and that's pretty much it.
    It's the biggest reason why I lean towards a very realistic style, so people actually look different and real. I mean I understand why, cookie cutter face allows you to get artwork faster, but it also causes people to revert to a default look, which is normally leans towards certain ethnicities (primarily white.)

Astonishing Member

Ironic, since I found Finn to be the more relatable of the two protagonists (“guy who gets fed up with his shitty job and quits”).
    Oh I believe Finn easily had the greatest potential, but the poorest execution. The fact that he was a storm trooper that went against their ideals was never heard of before, but they just completely dropped the ball on him entirely as if they didn't want him to really do anything. (This of course refers to the last jedi, as at least in the force awakens he was semi competent, vs one of the worst heroes in star wars history in the last jedi.)

And that's how you can tell the difference. Before the force awakens release, everybody was losing their crap over Finn. A black dude with a lightsaber? Impossible, he was receiving some of the worst treatment known to man. But after the movie came out, most of that hatred died down. And the reason why is self explanatory.

A black dude with a lightsaber? Impossible, he was receiving some of the worst treatment known to man. But after the movie came out, most of that hatred died down. And the reason why is self explanatory.
    I think you are forgetting Mace Windy and his purple light saber.

Extraordinary Member

LMAO, bruh you're talking like people still don't have these problems today. Because of how comic book art is, most comic book artist has a cookie cutter face where they just change the hair style, and that's pretty much it.
    It's the biggest reason why I lean towards a very realistic style, so people actually look different and real. I mean I understand why, cookie cutter face allows you to get artwork faster, but it also causes people to revert to a default look, which is normally leans towards certain ethnicities (primarily white.)
    Oh I know all that.

But the 90's rightly gets called out for certain...general anatomy abuses.

But I agree it wasn't just the 90's. When June Brigman left Marvel (years ago) they lost anybody who had any clue how to draw little kids or babies(to this very day).

Like Val Richards is supposed to be a toddler but she is drawn to be 8 because nobody over at Marvel can draw a toddler. At all.

It's hilarious.

Ultimate Member

Peter Parker lost his uncle and first love, put up with demonization of his alter-ego by JJJ for decades, was buried alive, had his eye gouged out, sold his marriage, Norman Osborn PERIOD, got pregnant with himself, etc., etc......
    I think the point is when it comes to most white guys-we get a full circle of development. No matter how silly it might be. For all the hate of One More Day-his book still sold. You had hate buying galore.

Yet with it us-here comes all push back of the highest order. Everything is questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Im never fair with white westernized supremacy/fragilely..

Their no excuse or drawning or casting a West Indies/Black African character regards if she pink as white or Asian or anything non African.. it's is laziness and racism..
    That's how he we Whitespot ( Sunspot), whiteM (M/Monet, Whitestar (Moonstar), Whitearwin (Darwin), Whiteilee (Jubilee) WhiteCeCe (Dr CeCe Reyes), & the trash that is Yellowface-locke.. The ish is unacceptable on every level..
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 01-11-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...e-cast-1073646

Characters announced for the upcoming Suicide Squad animated film include Amanda Waller (duh!), Bronze Tiger (cool) and Scandal Savage (likely in a minor role). Too bad there's no El Diablo or Katana though...
    BT with locs looks cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
    Hey guys, Happy 2018!

I was wonder if any of you been checking out Superstition?
    I finally started watching it a couple of weeks ago and I like it a lot.

Attachment 60617
    It's my favorite show on right now hopefully it gets a 2nd season..

https://www.cbr.com/fox-new-mutants-...pool-moves-up/

This news made my day, they need to fire the the director and whoever else did the casting, then reshoot it all with non whitewashed actors/actresses or just kill the movie all together..