Page 198 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 981481881941951961971981992002012022082482986981198 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 35047
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I never thought about that before, whenever they make these kinds of announcements on tv they never mention digital, instead of expecting people to find a comic book store in their area.
    Well since most people used this thing called the Internet to look up something, they can easily find digital access by going to Marvel.com. Plus the average person still thinks that a comic might pay for their dream home one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    That segment can watch cartoons whenever he wants and plays videogames. Why would they get into comics? I could see a bigger late teen and adult market that might try them out.
    Your argument is faulty since (a) lots of older teens and adults play video games and watch cartoons and (b) most adults have more important things to spend their hard earned money on (assuming they have jobs in this economy) like bills,rent/mortgage,and (if they have them) kids.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Everybody has access to The View. Not everyone has Direct Tv or those other services or the Internet.

Also not everybody has a tablet or can read a book on the computer.
    That's a very good point. However, they could advertise (I'm talking real ads) those books during family shows like AMERICAN IDOL,THE VOUCE,FAMILY FEUD,THE PRICE IS RIGHT,and sports broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Blade is also assuming that the moms wont buy their kids a comic. Remember kids dont have money, their parents do.
    No I'm not. If a kid ASK for a comic, I'm pretty sure their mom (or dad) might be happy to buy them one. However, I'm pretty sure that most kids (especially during the school year) do not watch THE VIEW.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    No I'm not. If a kid ASK for a comic, I'm pretty sure their mom (or dad) might be happy to buy them one. However, I'm pretty sure that most kids (especially during the school year) do not watch THE VIEW.
    You are missing my point. Parent often buy kids stuff that they think they will like. My first comics were bought for me by my grandpa. He introduced them to me. I didnt ask him for it. Comics are a time occupier. Let me give my kids something that will help with their reading and give them a positive role model.

Ultimate Member

Question-what has Cyborg done in the new 52 for so many folks to get defensive when any questions his limited development over the past 3 years? All I have heard is how he got more exposure than Falcon and every minority in Marvel.

Where was all this love for Cyborg before? You know when he had development and was used beyond background fodder.

Every reason tossed out I can remember being the same things said for Black Panther, Storm, Static, John Stewart, Blade and so many others of color yet got dismissed because folks hated that character.

And some more sites talking Falcon and an endorsement for Ms Marvel.

http://worldofblackheroes.com/2014/0...ptain-america/

Say what you want about Marvel but their marketing and writing teams know how to make headlines and set the internet on fire. After weeks of speculation and hot on the heels of the announced Female Thor ongoing series comes the official announcement that Samuel Wilson, long time partner of Steve Rogers who took the world by Storm in the blockbuster Captain America and the Winter Soldier will (Once again) be taking up the mantle of Captain America.

Ok, Marvel you win. I’m curious and intrigued enough to give you my money especially with DC Comics cancelling Batwing and not announcing a single black ongoing series. Clearly they DONT want my money! This coupled with the new Deathlok series means Marvel continues to be the leading mainstream voice in Black superheroics! This move not only makes Samuel Wilson the first African American Superhero but also the first black Captain America to have an ongoing series. Hopefully this move also gives Samuel the respect and much needed bump in his public image, notoriety and respect.

http://ghettomanga.blogspot.com/2014...-american.html

I have been hearing nothing but good things about Ms. Marvel, the House of Mouse Ideas' first comic starring a Muslim-American superhero. If I was keeping score (and I kinda am), I'd say Marvel is winning the unspoken diversity war with DC.
    Diversity in comics is one of my things, so I was intrigued at Marvel letting G. Willow Wilson (Air, Mystic: The Tenth Apprentice) put the mantle of Ms. Marvel on a Muslim-American teenage girl. After all, since Carol Danvers was promoted to become the second female Captain Marvel, a perfectly good name was going unused.
    Kamala Khan seems to have all the ingredients to hit hard with audiences that need to be reached and held for the health of the comics industry, and keeping the creative team on Ms. Marvel together as long as possible will help solidify her as a real player. Ms. Marvel is already selling well, so Marvel needs to make sure to maintain continuity while they establish Kamala's brand or whatever. So chain Adrian to his desk, schedule some more NPR interviews for Wilson, and let the good times roll!
    If you're currently reading Ms. Marvel, please take a second to let us know how you feel about it. If you're not reading, you should probably handle that ASAP.

"When I was just a girl, I called myself goddess... and I lived in the sky.
    Sometimes I wonder why I ever left. I'm a mutant with the power to control the weather. Here's where I belong... every nerve connected with the wind, the cloud, the vapour."

SQUEAL!!!! The new lettered preview for Storm #1 is out, looks AMAZING!!!
    http://www.newsarama.com/21602-storm-1-preview.html

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-17-2014 at 11:22 PM.

Ultimate Member

That's a very good point. However, they could advertise (I'm talking real ads) those books during family shows like AMERICAN IDOL,THE VOUCE,FAMILY FEUD,THE PRICE IS RIGHT,and sports broadcasts.
    You could but cost would get you with some of those shows and some companies have spots during those shows on lock.

Like look at Cartoon Network-who do you CONSTANTLY see ads for K12 online programs & Nerf. You can't even get ads for the dvds of CN shows on there.

Now to price-I did research on this years ago. Okay lets say you have a million to do ads for comics.

Which would you choose?

$1 million for one ad during Idol or $1 million for 4-8 ads during Fox's Sunday Animation slot. I think at one point that was enough to do ads for an entire season of American's Next Top Model.

To be honest I think it would be cheaper if Marvel (Disney) did a deal with school districts. Put some in a few schools to help get interest and encourage the kids to seek out trades if they can't get the floppies.

Your argument is faulty since (a) lots of older teens and adults play video games and watch cartoons and (b) most adults have more important things to spend their hard earned money on (assuming they have jobs in this economy) like bills,rent/mortgage,and (if they have them) kids.
    I have seen folks neglect bills, kids and other stuff to buy something that they want. I've seen folks cancel insurance to keep that kid in a private school. Even though it's the law to have some of it.

And lets not discuss Jordans. You haven't lived when you see the kid with $200 Jordan & $500 IPOD and is dressed worst than a homeless person.

But I do understand what you are saying.

And we have forgotten the other place to get comics-the comic con. Those kids tear up dollar and 50 cent bins worst than adults. Now what is funny is what they buy (at least the ones in Dallas).

I think Falcon will make a killing for Marvel. Because folks were already interested in him before that movie came out. Now you got him in a lead comic (albeit not titled Falcon)-you are going to get kids.

Plus the average person still thinks that a comic might pay for their dream home one day.
    And they get a reality check when they are told that is not true. I see it all the time at cons-folks trying to sell stuff at blood level prices.

How are you going to sell James Rhodes as Iron Man for the first time for $20 when 15 other booths have it for a $1.00 and in better shape?

You know, that Storm preview ain't bad. Better than watching her beat up some random military junta in the Caribbean.

And holy shit, this recent Marvel stuff has brought back the bigots. Coming out the woodworks in like every message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    And holy shit, this recent Marvel stuff has brought back the bigots. Coming out the woodworks in like every message board.
    You should have seen the one thread that got deleted yesterday smh

I do think Marvel need to stop doing this though
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    A lot like cockroaches, aren't they?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

It's funny how this is from 98, but still applicable today...

BANNED

I am pretty confident in saying that not even a fraction of the women who watch THE VIEW will NOT be interested i reading a comic book, especially a SUPERHERO comic book. Sure, the speculators among tat audience might run out and buy the 1st issue because they foolishly believe it will be "worth something", but that is as far as it will go. Hell, the gimmick Northstar wedding issue of AXM was mentioned/promoted on THE VIEW, and except for a huge bump in PRE ORDER sales for the wedding issue, sales quickly plummeted back down to pre wedding issue numbers and the book ended up being canceled.
    first thing, you need to take out one of the 'not'.

anyways, a number of female comic book readers also watch the view. as do men. some who read comic books. plus, these two books are tied to very popular ongoing movie franchises. at one point, publishers never thought of promoting YA fiction to adults and not just for them to buy for their kids, but now adults are a huge demo for YA and the industry targeting them has paid off.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    first thing, you need to take out one of the 'not'.

anyways, a number of female comic book readers also watch the view. as do men. some who read comic books. plus, these two books are tied to very popular ongoing movie franchises. at one point, publishers never thought of promoting YA fiction to adults and not just for them to buy for their kids, but now adults are a huge demo for YA and the industry targeting them has paid off.
    This time 10 years ago, Comics were a male dominated fandom, now every third customer at places like Midtown Comics is female.

When books that the female audience was interested in were published the female readership came out and bought them.

I will be interested to see WHAT will be the bigger hit with the female fanbase: Thor, Storm or the redesigned Veronica Mars-esq Batgirl?
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 07-18-2014 at 09:53 AM.