Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Its Disney. They are good at making you think they are more diverse then they actual are. Its not surprising. Disney looks good when you give them a quick look over. They tend to say the right things or hint at them. But solid confirmation of LGBT not so much. Relevant POC representation lacking. But if you are straight and white they treat you right. And for Minorities they make you think its not that bad.
    Which is odd because every single time they do a movie with a black lead-it is the highest rated movie for the year or it ranks in the all time highest rated. Especially if it's a black male.

It is funny that the Famous Jett Jackson has yet to sniff DVD despite Lee's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Same, I loved that old dinosaurs sitcom, with the jim henson puppets "Not the Mama" I still cant believe that was a show, I would have loved to be at that pitch meeting.

"Okay, so it's the flintstones, except that they're dinosaurs instead of cavemen, it's also going to be live action with puppets and practical effects."

I also watched a lot of animal planet. I remember when animal planet was actually about animals, not reality shows about chasing bigfoot or guys looking for gold.
    Yeah... discovery and animal planet had cool nature and animal stuff.

history channel had history shows

mtv played music

RIP
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Eh Discovery and Animal Planet aren't totally dead.

The only quality content on History Channel is reruns of old material.

MTV only plays music when someone famous dies. They used to still have late at night.

But I don't know I get most of my TV from a computer so I don't really channel surf like I use to.

Random aside, maybe it's because I'm an old poster, but I'm surprised nobody brought this up.

CONGRATS to (I guess former CBR poster?) Red Jack/Winterman on being the writer for Mosaic!
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Random aside, maybe it's because I'm an old poster, but I'm surprised nobody brought this up.

CONGRATS to (I guess former CBR poster?) Red Jack/Winterman on being the writer for Mosaic!
    Woah.

I didn't even look to see who was working on that book.

Great news.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah... discovery and animal planet had cool nature and animal stuff.

history channel had history shows

mtv played music

RIP
    Eh Discovery and Animal Planet aren't totally dead.

The only quality content on History Channel is reruns of old material.

MTV only plays music when someone famous dies. They used to still have late at night.

But I don't know I get most of my TV from a computer so I don't really channel surf like I use to.
    I usually get my animal show fix from NatGeo Wild and sometimes BBCAmerica. Discovery and Animal Planet sometimes but they are more hit and miss. Half the time AP is on some Pimp My Fishtank or The Real Treehouses of Atlanta, heh.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

Looking forward to it. Just saw it on facebook last night...barely read mainstream these days so I was totally unaware of the pre-release marketing that was mentioned in the article I read.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Looks like the Cyborg movie is still on.

From the licensing expo in Las Vegas.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Looks like the Cyborg movie is still on.

From the licensing expo in Las Vegas.
    So was Red Sonja remake with homegirl from Charmed.
    So was Gamora's solo.
    So was Felicia Henderson's Static series.

Until there is an actual product in theaters-they can toss all that promo crap out that they want.

NOW that explains some of his postings. He sounded too much like someone who actually did books in his comments.

And I find it funny comic vine made NO MENTION of his book. Nor the teaser with Steve Rogers.

BANNED

At least a trailer first. They can still cancel Cyborg.

At least a trailer first. They can still cancel Cyborg.
    Has there been any concept art fo Cyborg?

How "bionic" are they going? Is he basically a head and nothing else?

And yeah... SS underperforms....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Has there been any concept art fo Cyborg?

How "bionic" are they going? Is he basically a head and nothing else?

And yeah... SS underperforms....
    None that I know of.

I don't think they have any because no one has an idea of how he should look that won't get a certain segment upset nor eat up budget.

The Earth One version could work-he'll be more 7 of 9 but at least he's more human looking.

However with Johns in charge-we can expect a tank and probably a scene with John Stewart getting killed.

ANd comcivine did talk about Mosaic today.

In the comment section it's more positive with many saying "here is an original black chracter-stop whining and support it if it's good."

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...c/1100-155704/

Alright everyone, you're all complaining that the Big 2 don't make new diverse characters but instead replace existing white characters so here you go! Get out there and support the book.

Ultimate Member

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/...ice-league-set

The next stop was Cyborg's costume, which does not exist. Cyborg is all CGI, so Ray Fisher is wearing pajamas on set all day. He has this little light on his face to replicate the glow of his cyborg eye. We did see the designs, though. Cyborg is cool and has lots of spots at his joints where there should be human flesh but instead there's just empty space. It's pretty clear that there isn't much of Vic Stone still in there. He has this red light emanating from his chest, and his arm can turn into a gun. When he goes into full battle mode his whole face gets covered. Also he can grow two extra arms for fist fighting. It's kind of silly, but I'll be honest - I want kind of silly. I perked up at that.

He can grow arms? He can cover his face in battle? So the token black guy is nothing more than a face.

Can you imagine the backlash when they finally show him? Female Ghostbusters, Fantastic Four, Finn and Inhuman backlash might be minor after folks go off on DC.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

He can grow arms? He can cover his face in battle? So the token black guy is nothing more than a face.

Can you imagine the backlash when they finally show him? Female Ghostbusters, Fantastic Four, Finn and Inhuman backlash might be minor after folks go off on DC.
    So they decided to make him look even more freakish? Geez, Mega Man looks more human than Cyborg does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Hahahha lol its just sad. Geoff sees Iron Man and says yeah lets not do something close to lets say Extremis. Nah lets make him a monster all the time and even more monster like in combat. Not cool hero like. Frakenstein is more human then Cyborg. You know what this means. It means if War Machine was the best Black male representation in the MCU. He still be better then frakking Cyborg. Course War Machine isn't it the best. Black Panther is a Boss. Falcon is cool. Momoa is going to have to carry the diversity in this one. Oh and SS I guess but I meant Hero Wise.