Raven Symone puts her foot in her mouth, again.

I think all that hair dye must have affected her brain.

The characters that star in my next comic...the Mythworlde Magazine (preview book)...which will debut at a local con (http://www.fayettevillecomiccon.com/) in about a week. Featuring Makeba the Unconquerable, Myth Smith (of course, heh), Isley, Tyrone Wrecks, & Dragonyx!! Mythworlde Magazine #1 in 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Then again I don't know how much appeal the "kid detective" schtick has outside of kiddie cartoons and superheroes (and even with the latter it's come under some scrutiny).
    Eh she was a high school detective. I have read most of the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew but it was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    They will.
    They will... ONE DAY. But if they leave it to long, they'll be playing catch-up (and not reap the benefits). I'm looking forward to one day having a gay solo series at Marvel; just not looking forward to the smugness which they'll pat themselves on the back over doing it (it's 2015; you're already behind the times!)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    Any demographic that can make a company money, they will make products to make more.
    Marvel's films and comics imply otherwise (currently)
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Yeah no denying one demographic is smaller than the other. I've never had a job in a creative field, but in any other job I've been to, at least when it gets to the top brass, mostly, they are all out to make money. I would think Marvel and DC's board of directors just aren't clued into what money they might be missing out on.

Yeah no denying one demographic is smaller than the other. I've never had a job in a creative field, but in any other job I've been to, at least when it gets to the top brass, mostly, they are all out to make money. I would think Marvel and DC's board of directors just aren't clued into what money they might be missing out on.
    I assume/think Marvel IS clued in on making money, and right now they think including LGBT people will decrease the money (internationally). Once more of the world is clearly okay with gay people; we'll see Marvel follow suit.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Ultimate Member

They don't seem too interested in coming for the pink pound, though

Well the reason they are coming after us is because we are the easier target and have that stat of being the number one consumer in the world at 16 trillion a year.

Plus outside of the indy black books-no one else is trying to get us with showcasing us. They know their books will eat up more space that Valiant, IDW and others-no matter how superior many of those book are.

They are going after the group that will get them the most attention beyond the first issue.

Plus when we look at history who gets the attention?

If Johnny Storm was gay in that movie-would we still be seeing death to that actor like we see with Michael B. Jordan? You would see some complaints but you would see more praise for thinking outside the box.

Look at Kevin Keller-we saw some complaints but it died down.

I think we will see an increase in LGBT content-right now everyone is in I want all the attention mode.

So what do people think of the idea of Cruell Deville getting a movie? Also what did you guys think of the Maleficent film?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Also what did you guys think of the Maleficent film?
    From my "100 Greatest Films" review thread on CBR (http://community.comicbookresources....lms-quot/page6)

"I caught most of Maleficient (2014) on Sky movies; and was pleasantly surprised. I hadn’t heard the most flattering comments, and thought: why not have it on the background while I work? The twisting of the main premise is fine, I like the idea "the villain" of the film is the curse NOT the witch, I liked darkening of Stefan, the crow being a familiar who could change into a man and Angelina Jolie is visually perfect in the title role. It’s a shame the film couldn’t come up with a way to ‘lighten’ Maleficient that didn’t involve tearing down the three strong women from the original Disney animated feature; turning once caring, determined and brave fairies into bumbling, talentless buffoons. Ultimately the script and the film never seemed to believe in the concept, which is a shame because actually… it could have been really good. Some tweaking, some smarter dialogue, it didn’t require much; a pity."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post

She needs to stop talking

Ultimate Member

Yeah they are in the desire to make money but you have those who want to control what gets you that money.

Look at Straight out of Compton, Equalizer, the Think like a Simp series, Best Man series, most Kevin Hart films and even the black male bashing films from Lee Daniels, Tyler Perry and that ilk-all make money and profit.

YET we will still hear excuses about black films don't make money. While seeing the same set of white guys get film after film made and bomb at the box office.

See we all understand taking risks but DC is still SCARED of white comic book fans. They are so scared that group will stop buying books if they try.

At least Marvel can say they took that risk and if it fails-NO ONE can say they didn't bring it on Powerman & Ironfist & Black Panther. No one can say they didn't try.

See fear is what holding many companies back-that fear of ticking off that certain demo.

So we see bits and pieces. Sooner or later they get desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yeah they are in the desire to make money but you have those who want to control what gets you that money.

Look at Straight out of Compton, Equalizer, the Think like a Simp series, Best Man series, most Kevin Hart films and even the black male bashing films from Lee Daniels, Tyler Perry and that ilk-all make money and profit.
    ????? Huh????

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post

The characters that star in my next comic...the Mythworlde Magazine (preview book)...which will debut at a local con (http://www.fayettevillecomiccon.com/) in about a week. Featuring Makeba the Unconquerable, Myth Smith (of course, heh), Isley, Tyrone Wrecks, & Dragonyx!! Mythworlde Magazine #1 in 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia
    So dope, man! Looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post

And it's not like Raven is exactly a "normal" name either.

Invincible Member

The blockbuster film mentality in effect...