Page 101 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 51919798991001011021031041051111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 35047
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Yeah, that's why I'm not interested in seeing it. The source material had a pretty diverse cast. One that was "organically" made by the creator but they had to whitewash one of the main characters. Why? So it would sell better? (laughs at box office results) Is Rita being both White and a badass not enough of a draw for the "mainstream" audience? Or do they believe that the mainstream can only relate to a White male character. No offense to Ms. Blunt, but they should have stuck Charlize Theron's name on it and dropped Cruise. Folks are probably still burned by the Oblivion movie.

It fits the same pattern. They rarely choose source material to adapt into a movie where a POC has a prominent role. They just love to pick stories where POC are secondary or stereotypical roles. And like this movie [or the previous Batman (with Bane, Ras and Talia), or The Hunger Games, or the Star Trek sequel. Just to list more modern examples] they will change whatever they want to make sure that the prominent roles are given to White actors.
    although overexposed and probably not available, jennifer lawrence would have been a better choice for both the role and to sell the movie domestically (it has made over 111 million internationally, which has been more important to hollywood since the early days). that way, they keep the main protag japanese. it's a shame, because i've read nothing but good reviews from folks, even those not happy with the bending or with anything starring cruise
    Last edited by 7thangel; 06-09-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    The E3 2014 presentations are starting in fifteen minutes. Anyone excited?

This E3 may decide whether or not I'll just stick to PC gaming this generation. It'll take some really imaginative and overall awesome stuff to make me remain a console gamer.
    I'm a nintendo person, I had a ps1 when I was a kid (Long Live Spyro 2 and year of the dragon), but that's about it. I'm in for nintendo's handheld stuff, maybe i'll get a wii u, I don't really know. I also want to learn more about pokemon alpha ruby and omega sapphire. Mega Swampert looks like a cross between a frog and omac.

BANNED

Attachment 3636

The hero in the newly announced Crackdown appears to be of mixed decent ssssssooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    Considering how poor the movie is performing at the box office, they wasted a lot of money hiring Cruise to play the lead character. They could have cut the budget for the movie by $40 million if they would have hired an unknown or lesser known all Japanese cast for this movie.
    They don't make what they did overseas without Cruise.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Attachment 3636

The hero in the newly announced Crackdown appears to be of mixed decent ssssssooooooooo
    GTA 5 online is still my go to.

Quote Originally Posted by overhazard View Post
    i'm a nintendo person, i had a ps1 when i was a kid (long live spyro 2 and year of the dragon), but that's about it. I'm in for nintendo's handheld stuff, maybe i'll get a wii u, i don't really know. I also want to learn more about pokemon alpha ruby and omega sapphire. Mega swampert looks like a cross between a frog and omac.
    fromac

prod kirby is new to the hoenn region an has decided to create the ultimate mudfish

fromac

froglikeroboticonemegaevoarmycorps

there's a pokewar brewing in the hoen thats coming
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    the manga is worth reading. and brutal.

apparently the movie did some sanitizing (the violence and making rita less than the bad-ass she was in the light novel and manga), as well as, racebending.
    As other people here have mentioned, there's no way a major studio in the US makes that movie happen with a Japanese protagonist. Is that a problem? Yes. Is it unexpected? No.

Especially as All You Need is Kill isn't even a known quantity here in the US. By the way, the source material is a novel, and the manga is an adaptation.

I'm more annoyed by the changes made to the Rita-Keiji relationship and the weird ending than anything else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    While fun after a good while if you don't go on with friends/crew or enjoy trolling people it gets boring after a while

Whenever the heist missions are added sure it'll go back to being awesome but how long will that fun last?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    So rpgs where you can choose you appeareance are not counted?

Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post

Just curious.
    Generally no...

Mass Effect is a good example of why...Yeah Shepard can be any race and either gender......but when that game is marketed and if they every make a film Shepard is going to be a white male.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post

Just curious.

What was the last big name rpg that let you create a lead character from the ground up instead of the "here's your protagonist and you can change his or her clothes and that's it"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Generally no...

Mass Effect is a good example of why...Yeah Shepard can be any race and either gender......but when that game is marketed and if they every make a film Shepard is going to be a white male.
    Heroic white male with a stubble and near bald head in the cover and ad art until the third game where they grew his hair out
    Last edited by Smoov-E; 06-09-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    fromac

prod kirby is new to the hoenn region an has decided to create the ultimate mudfish

fromac

froglikeroboticonemegaevoarmycorps

there's a pokewar brewing in the hoen thats coming
    The Brother Eye sattelite, commissoned by the Global Pokemon Agency, has the power to change little Kippy Kho into the FROMAC, with head fins resembling some ancient God of War, for he, and only he, can decimate the forces of way too fast fire breathing chickens everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    Even if the manga was all Japanese, American filmmakers are going to want to tell an American story, so racebending would be inevitable. The problem is they refuse to break out of the White hero mold because they equate Whiteness with American identity.
    How would racebeending be inevitable? Americanization maybe, but there are Japanese American people.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The Brother Eye sattelite, commissoned by the Global Pokemon Agency, has the power to change little Kippy Kho into the FROMAC, with head fins resembling some ancient God of War, for he, and only he, can decimate the forces of way too fast fire breathing chickens everywhere!
    Lol@Khippy Kho.

He is the future of Poke-battling. EV trained to have his stat potential maximized, FROMAC will take all comers!
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    the manga isn't all japanese. rita is a white american, her crewman is native american, another character is a biracial (brazilian/japanese)
    I didn't know that (I never read the manga). In that case, then they should hire minority actors to play those roles. Instead of hiring Cruise to play the lead character they could have hired either Steven Yeun (who played Glenn from THE WALKING DEAD) or Sung Kang (who played Han in the FAST AND THE FURIOUS movies) to play the lead character.

also, i'm done with a certain topic
    Fine with me.