Page 102 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 2529298991001011021031041051061121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 35047

I was kind of hoping ACV:Unity would star an older Aveline de Grandpré since they had that weird DLC in ACIV that doesn't really seem tied to the story at all.

It would be awesome to not only play as a WoC but one that is older and experienced. Hopefully she at least cameos.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    How would racebeending be inevitable? Americanization maybe, but there are Japanese American people.
    whuuuut? That's just crazy...next you'll be saying there's more women in the U.S. than men...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    whuuuut? That's just crazy...next you'll be saying there's more women in the U.S. than men...
    But women get Minority status when it comes to Affirmative Action. lol

yes. I am joking.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 06-09-2014 at 12:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    So rpgs where you can choose you appeareance are not counted?

Just curious.
    Sometimes you have to fall back and punt. Email companies and question certain choices? Sure.

Until that happens I like the fact I can change a character to whatever race I want.

E3 is showing on Spike TV right now. FYI
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 06-09-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    But women get Minority status when it comes to Affirmative Action. lol
    Right.

Because they get paid less, are contemplated for top jobs less, are still dealing with issues regarding pregnancy in the work place despite laws on the books desinged to protect their job, and generally deal with things like wide spread sexism, assualt, victim shaming, legislation of their own bodies, all while a bunch a SWM (and really men of all types, yes i realize it's "not all men") complain about men's rights and other BS.

I don't really get what's funny about that.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 06-09-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    I'll say this...If the playing field ever becomes even, i'll might agree with you. Right now though we both know that isn't the case.
    Very true. However, in MOST (NOT ALL) cases, whenever a white character is racebent into a minority character in a comic book movie adaption, the character is often (but not always) a 3rd string character with a minor role (Heimdell,Stillwell,and Nick Fury). Notice how Greg Clark's Phil Coulson character (who was an original character created for the movies) is more popular and has a bigger role in the MCU then Samuel L Jackson's version of Nick Fury. Why couldn't they create a cool original character role for a black actor to play in those movies? Hell, why not hire a black actor to play Phil Coulson? Hell, considering how Idris Elba's version of Heimdell is both visually different and a hell of a lot cooler then the comic book version of the character, they could have made him a completely original character who was a part human descendant of Heimdell who travels around the Nine Realms kicking butt, instead of him just being a glorified superhuman doorman/security guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    Even if the manga was all Japanese, American filmmakers are going to want to tell an American story, so racebending would be inevitable. The problem is they refuse to break out of the White hero mold because they equate Whiteness with American identity.
    Quoted for the sad truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Right.

Because they get paid less, are contemplated for top jobs less, are still dealing with issues regarding pregnancy in the work place despite laws on the books desinged to protect their job, and generally deal with things like wide spread sexism, assualt, victim shaming, legislation of their own bodies, all while a bunch a SWM (and really men of all types, yes i realize it's "not all men") complain about men's rights and other BS.

Because the institution uses numbers to validate Minority status . Hence why African Americans can get financial aid cut and the majority is okay with it.

I was making an institutional critique.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 06-09-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    How would racebeending be inevitable? Americanization maybe, but there are Japanese American people.
    You completely misunderstood him. He wasn't saying that Japanese characters HAD TO BE racebent or that there wasn't any Japanese Americans. He was saying that Hollywood would racebend the characters regardless, simply because Hollywood was very narrow minded when it comes to what a "typical American" looks like.

Oh lord...why can't we post videos anymore.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkMNOlYcpHg
    Why...

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    Very true. However, in MOST (NOT ALL) cases, whenever a white character is racebent into a minority character in a comic book movie adaption, the character is often (but not always) a 3rd string character with a minor role (Heimdell,Stillwell,and Nick Fury). Notice how Greg Clark's Phil Coulson character (who was an original character created for the movies) is more popular and has a bigger role in the MCU then Samuel L Jackson's version of Nick Fury. Why couldn't they create a cool original character role for a black actor to play in those movies? Hell, why not hire a black actor to play Phil Coulson? Hell, considering how Idris Elba's version of Heimdell is both visually different and a hell of a lot cooler then the comic book version of the character, they could have made him a completely original character who was a part human descendant of Heimdell who travels around the Nine Realms kicking butt, instead of him just being a glorified superhuman doorman/security guard.
    No way they would put all that effort into a background character of a Thor movie.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Right.

White women earn more, have a higher employment rate, and graduation rate than any other miniority group (males and females) except for Asian Americans. They also seem to benefit more from Affirmative Action. I think that's a little funny.
    “Let the King get back on his throne." - Jay Briscoe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    No way they would put all that effort into a background character of a Thor movie.
    and why would they? it makes absolutely zero sense to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnetic View Post
    White women earn more, have a higher employment rate, and graduation rate than any other miniority group (males and females) except for Asian Americans. They also seem to benefit more from Affirmative Action. I think that's a little funny.
    It's not that they seem to, they absolutely do.

I've NEVER seen anyone complain about Affirmative Action by saying some white woman took their job. The people complaining about affirmative action are pretty much saying black unemployment should be at an all time high at all times. There's NO evidence to support the idea that white people are losing out on jobs or a college education because of affirmative action.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    and why would they? it makes absolutely zero sense to do that.
    Pretty much, the characters job is to guard the bridge. Taking that into account it's pretty significant that he got as much if not more screen time than the warriors 3 and Sif.