Page 103 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 35393991001011021031041051061071131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 35047

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    and why would they? it makes absolutely zero sense to do that.

Ask Blade...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    It's not that they seem to, they absolutely do.

I've NEVER seen anyone complain about Affirmative Action by saying some white woman took their job. The people complaining about affirmative action are pretty much saying black unemployment should be at an all time high at all times. There's NO evidence to support the idea that white people are losing out on jobs or a college education because of affirmative action.
    I'm curious as to what your definition of Affirmative Action is.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MidTierHero View Post
    I'm curious as to what your definition of Affirmative Action is.
    Affirmative Action isn't about hiring a person based on race or gender. It is suppose to be about encouraging schools & employers to at least look at POC & woman when considering jobs or schools.

The issue with it now is you have had schools and companies pick the WORST black guy for a job knowing he won't last long and will get fired/quit.

In retail, they are NOTORIOUS about doing that. They go get the worst. They will hire the guy who goes to jail every month before they hire the nice college bound black guy at stores.

I've been that college guy more than once. I've seen companies pass over good hard working black males over and over in favor of Pookie. And I have seen companies go out of business because of it.

That has been the issue-our best are being passed over for our worst at times. Whites are still getting the jobs. Women benefit because they are female and if they are minority-they fit both.

Back male unemployment isn't high because all those guys are thugs, it's high because too many are viewed as threats and you toss out AA, you might as well get ready for more prisons and chiraq in other cities.

Ultimate Member

https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advi...-050048616.htm

I liked Watch Dogs: it’s a great sandbox, full of fun and hacking escapades, but by the time I finished it, I really wished that I didn’t. Watch Dogs is a game designed with a single audience in mind: white men.
    The game makes no effort to appeal anyone else, and actually manages to alienate every other audience by adhering to the dullest racial stereotypes around.
    The only two minorities in Watch Dogs are distinctly second class, getting less screen time and having less agency than any of the white characters. They are essentially just supporting characters, and Jordi Chin, the Asian character, is completely unnecessary to the plot.
    The sad fact is that the most intriguing character is the one African-American character, Iraq. Iraq was a military veteran who begins a life of crime after being honorably discharged. He is a hacker, whose talents rival any of the other characters’, and who manages to acquire a enough information about Chicago’s most powerful men that he can blackmail anyone at any time.
    But how does Watch Dogs treat this character? The make him the hired thug for the game’s “real” nemesis, Lucky Quinn.
    In terms of storytelling it’s lazy, and in terms cultural and racial commentary it’s offensive. Considering the time, effort and hype that have surrounded Watch Dogs since its 2012 E3 debut, I was expecting more than tired stereotypes and outdated racial commentary

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/ar...-in-watch-dogs
    More Trayvon clones.

Names are randomized. People really need to learn how this game works before trying to write an article
    What this person fails to realize is the names are random but WHY is he always a black guy? Where is the Asian version of Trayvon I keep hearing about? And of the 4-why are 3 addicted to drugs?

FYI-I noticed the game studio is creating a patch to fix something but I expect it will delete all those Trayvon clones.

Ultimate Member

And guess who is filming a film that will probably gets this board restarted yet again.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014...chael-b-jordan

"If I wasn't black, that wouldn't have happened to me; I've thought that so many times I've lost count," says Michael B Jordan, star of Fruitvale Station. "A woman holds on to her purse as she walks by, or people cross the street when they see me, to being pulled over by the cops for no reason. I've been illegally searched. I've been harassed. Have I been in situations where people who don't know me have treated me like less than a person? Yes I have."

One of Hollywood's brightest new acting prospects, calling from the set of blockbuster The Fantastic Four, recounts such incidents of pernicious racism as if they're obvious, inevitable. But Jordan, resting in his trailer after a morning playing the Human Torch, talks matter-of-factly. "It's just what comes with being black," Jordan says, "and it happens most of the time."

Michael Bakari Jordan (his middle name is Swahili for "noble promise"), 27, grew up in New Jersey, the son of a teacher and a caterer.

"I was living in LA, broke as hell and getting ready to go back home to New Jersey when I saw Oscar Grant's murder on Facebook," Jordan says. "I remember watching it again and again, feeling more and more angry. Oscar Grant is two weeks older than me.

We both grew up in inner cities, in similar situations. Watching that footage, you think: 'That could have been me.'"

"What's so unrealistic and manipulative about a black man loving his daughter, and having real, emotional moments with his family?" he says, the words firing out. "Why do people make these accusations? Is it because African-Americans aren't allowed to be real people? Is it because we're not allowed to be human and have human interactions with our family? Is that not allowed? Is it being manipulative to show those moments on screen?

"Would you rather see us with a gun in our hand and a bandana on our face, acting like thugs? Because here, you ain't going to get that get. You're going to get questions instead

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The issue with it now is you have had schools and companies pick the WORST black guy for a job knowing he won't last long and will get fired/quit.

In retail, they are NOTORIOUS about doing that. They go get the worst. They will hire the guy who goes to jail every month before they hire the nice college bound black guy at stores.
    this isn't even close to being true. for the life of me, i don't know where you get this ill-informed stuff, but if you're an educator, you need to step up your game.

Made the mistake of reading the comment section on that craveonline article. It's more than a little sickening to see people defend the game but not unexpected in the least. Eh whatever I'm not buying the game and nobody I know even seems aware of it.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    It's not that they seem to, they absolutely do.

I've NEVER seen anyone complain about Affirmative Action by saying some white woman took their job. The people complaining about affirmative action are pretty much saying black unemployment should be at an all time high at all times. There's NO evidence to support the idea that white people are losing out on jobs or a college education because of affirmative action.

It's cuz the people who complain about Affirmative Action only equate it with black and brown people. They'll complain that a woman took their job, but in those cases they'll just blame "political correctness"/liberals/feminists.

It's cool yall, she does music and is friends with a few black people.....totally not racist.

BANNED

not surprised. can't stand her. with her history of racial images, homophobia, and transphobia, she still manages to avoid any real backlash

The heck am I looking at?

Is that Katy perry?
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    No way they would put all that effort into a background character of a Thor movie.
    It doesn't take much effort to have his background/past be summed up in a few lines. Also, plenty of effort was put into a background character like Coulson (who was an original character created for the movies).

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    and why would they? it makes absolutely zero sense to do that.
    Just like it made absolute zero sense to do that with Coulso. Oh, wait......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advi...-050048616.htm

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/ar...-in-watch-dogs

More Trayvon clones.

What this person fails to realize is the names are random but WHY is he always a black guy? Where is the Asian version of Trayvon I keep hearing about? And of the 4-why are 3 addicted to drugs?

FYI-I noticed the game studio is creating a patch to fix something but I expect it will delete all those Trayvon clones.
    NOt surprised anyone the comment sections always make me sick

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    How would racebeending be inevitable? Americanization maybe, but there are Japanese American people.
    If they were to limit the story to a particular enclave, but there tends to be more racial diversity in America than there is in Japan. I'm thinking of The Departed as an adaptation where all the characters were Chinese American and not finding it would justify a suspension of disbelief when they'd be better off just dubbing the Chinese version in English.