Ultimate Member

http://skyvolt2000.deviantart.com/ar...tion-572486998

Took the picture and left out the Deathwish books.

Anyway for your viewing the ALMOST compete Milestone collection on the web.

http://fav.me/d9guf2s

And for E-Smoove-Larry Stroman Static.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The issue with all that is as long as you have folks who will buy something because of WHO is on the cover versus the actual story, companies will experiment.

Like there are Batman fans who hate the current storyline but are still buying Batman. So all you are doing is approving of whatever DC tosses out.

For Marvel Spiderman is the only main cash cow that they have full control over. Everyone else is still up in the air.
    Well now they are trying to make Peter Parker into Tony Stark . That is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Matthew Logan1962 View Post
    Well, I'm the anomaly that won't conform. Cause I dropped Green Arrow moment they changed Ollie to a Calvin Klein, sociopolitical emasculated pretty boy. Same goes for the Spike Lee Wally West. Dropped that kaka as well.
    What irks me is Lemire was changing that whole aspect of Oliver Queen in his run. I wish he had stayed on longer. His run was really good and he was making Ollie into a tougher hero than the pretty boy approach they did.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well now they are trying to make Peter Parker into Tony Stark . That is pretty funny.

What irks me is Lemire was changing that whole aspect of Oliver Queen in his run. I wish he had stayed on longer. His run was really good and he was making Ollie into a tougher hero than the pretty boy approach they did.

Not really as for years it's been said and stated that Peter is a smart guy and could hang with the other Marvel brains yet never did cause folks wanted him to never move pass the "down on his luck" hero. If he's smart enough to make web shooters and tracking devices why is he then almost always dead broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Not really as for years it's been said and stated that Peter is a smart guy and could hang with the other Marvel brains yet never did cause folks wanted him to never move pass the "down on his luck" hero. If he's smart enough to make web shooters and tracking devices why is he then almost always dead broke?
    Every time Pete shows some initiative, the fans get mad about him not being relatable anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Just because you are smart doesn't mean that you will be rich.

I could buy Peter having a tech start up funded by his rich friend Harry Osborne. I can't buy him as Tony Stark light. The segment of the fandom that
    wants this sees Spider Man as a RPG like character who should have leveled up long ago with more tech and a secret hq and what not.

How is a dude who had an aging parent figure to take care of, a live in significant other and a day job gonna find time to build a secret lair?

Batman in story has pretty much no life other than being Batman and even he has flunkies doing most of his scut work (like Lucius Fox running his company for him).

Peter Parker/Spider Man was designed to be an everyman. Tech tycoons are NOT everymen.

Just because a character was initially designed to be a certain way doesn't mean they'll stay that way. Characters evolve over time.

The marriage that so many people are still upset about being over was initially a step forward for Peter. Funny enough the reason it was dropped was so Peter could be closer to his previous status quo.

It's not like Slott made the change out of nowhere, he's built up to this point over the course of the past 4 years. Things had gotten to a point where it made no sense for Peter to perpetually be one check away from poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Within half an hour of each other, Conan O'Brien and Larry Wilmore used this ad to make a few Bill Cosby jokes.
    Yep, nicely done joke as well

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Just because a character was initially designed to be a certain way doesn't mean they'll stay that way. Characters evolve over time.

The marriage that so many people are still upset about being over was initially a step forward for Peter. Funny enough the reason it was dropped was so Peter could be closer to his previous status quo.

It's not like Slott made the change out of nowhere, he's built up to this point over the course of the past 4 years. Things had gotten to a point where it made no sense for Peter to perpetually be one check away from poverty.
    Pete being married didn't upset the core concept of Spider Man as everyman as much this does.

In JMS' run Pete was a High School Teacher and MJ was a struggling Broadway Actress. At least THAT made sense given the character backstories. Even MJ as a cross bettween a Scream Queen and Pin Up Girl made sense.

Hell even in the 80's when Pete was practically living off of Wealthy-Supermodel MJ's (and even that was over the top) money they didn't feel the need to have MJ gift Pete with a Spider-Plane or any of that B.S.

Its like there is no in-between with Spider Man: there's either borderline abject poverty (which at least is kinda plausible if he's living in NYC) or he's one of the Fortune 500.

If I wanted to read about a tech innovator industrialist super hero I'd buy Iron Man comics.

I'd be just as mad if they made Iron Man broke and working for Reed Richards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post

Seriously with all the tech stuff he's made he could have been making stuff and selling it to Reed or Pym and not some how being a teacher that he would have been for all of two days given all the Spidey stuff or a photographer that never took a side gig

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Pete being married didn't upset the core concept of Spider Man as everyman as much this does.

In JMS' run Pete was a High School Teacher and MJ was a struggling Broadway Actress. At least THAT made sense given the character backstories. Even MJ as a cross bettween a Scream Queen and Pin Up Girl made sense.

Hell even in the 80's when Pete was practically living off of Wealthy-Supermodel MJ's (and even that was over the top) money they didn't feel the need to have MJ gift Pete with a Spider-Plane or any of that B.S.

Its like there is no in-between with Spider Man: there's either borderline abject poverty (which at least is kinda plausible if he's living in NYC) or he's one of the Fortune 500.

If I wanted to read about a tech innovator industrialist super hero I'd buy Iron Man comics.

I'd be just as mad if they made Iron Man broke and working for Reed Richards.
    He's just getting built up so he can be torn back down. Remember the Parker luck? I'm just glad they brought Prowler back. Hopefully Rocket Racer isn't too far behind.
    Last edited by MagSeven; 11-16-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Seriously with all the tech stuff he's made he could have been making stuff and selling it to Reed or Pym and not some how being a teacher that he would have been for all of two days given all the Spidey stuff or a photographer that never took a side gig
    speaking of making stuff and Reed... anyone remember remember when Parker found the "parker particles" and Reed was like, "yeah I found those already." lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Ultimate Member

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/14/dc-r...-shock-figure/

How about this? Before the trolls get mad and scream why does he get anything versus any white guy they can toss out who has not done a thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    http://comicbook.com/2015/11/14/dc-r...-shock-figure/

How about this? Before the trolls get mad and scream why does he get anything versus any white guy they can toss out who has not done a thing.
    See, if anything that figure should have come out 10 years ago. I'm happy it is here, but now its a collectable that the average parent wont be able to get for his kid.

Unless that parent shops online and knows where to look.

The same way Marvel made Falcon costumes for Holloween but you couldn't find them at Party City or Target. You had to go online.