Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    See, if anything that figure should have come out 10 years ago. I'm happy it is here, but now its a collectable that the average parent wont be able to get for his kid.

Unless that parent shops online and knows where to look.

The same way Marvel made Falcon costumes for Holloween but you couldn't find them at Party City or Target. You had to go online.
    I did see that costume at Target. However it was at a Target in a WHITE neighborhood. But that has always been the case it comes out and you have to go to the white community to get it-IF it's there.

Sad thing is that Static figure is $35. You can image how high that sucker will be online on Ebay.

Heck all those figures in that line are not sold in any regular store-so while Dc trolls want to scream new 52 worked-not if you look at how many products that the public never got to see outside of comic book stores.

Only guys you constantly see from that in stores (and not selling) is Clark, Bruce, Hal & Barry. The other three are limited to Lego toys.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    http://comicbook.com/2015/11/14/dc-r...-shock-figure/

How about this? Before the trolls get mad and scream why does he get anything versus any white guy they can toss out who has not done a thing.

I hope it actually comes out this time

I'll believe it when I see it, DC lost the benifit of the doubt with me a long ass time ago

Weird that now, after the book being cancelled and the character in limbo, DC decides to promote Static. Too little too late in my opinion.

Unrelated to that has anyone been watching Supergirl? I have and while I don't enjoy it as much as other comic based shows it's charming in its own way. Also it's something I can sit down and watch with my little sister.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Weird that now, after the book being cancelled and the character in limbo, DC decides to promote Static. Too little too late in my opinion.
    Milestone's supposedly coming back next year.So their probably trying to drum up some excitement.
    Last edited by Baseman; 11-16-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Unrelated to that has anyone been watching Supergirl? I have and while I don't enjoy it as much as other comic based shows it's charming in its own way. Also it's something I can sit down and watch with my little sister.
    Static falling into limbo was actually a good thing.

That ongoing series was so bad and damaged the characters world so much that it needed to be done away with and given time to be forgotten.

I'm liking Supergirl too. It has its flaws but its still enjoyable.

OPh and can anyone tell me if "Into The Badlands" was any good?

Some commenters at the Mary Sue are suggesting Octavia Butler's likeness be used for the World Fantasy Awards in place of Lovecraft. What do you guys think of this suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Milestone's supposedly coming back next year.So their probably trying to drum up some excitement.
    Yeah I know about Milestone coming back but before then DC had access to Static and did nothing of note with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Static falling into limbo was actually a good thing.

That ongoing series was so bad and damaged the characters world so much that it needed to be done away with and given time to be forgotten.
    Can't really argue against the series being bad, still I would've like to have seen Static have a cameo in another book.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm liking Supergirl too. It has its flaws but its still enjoyable.

OPh and can anyone tell me if "Into The Badlands" was any good?
    My thoughts exactly. Admittedly my expectations were kinda low at first but the show has found itself a viewer in me. I completely forgot to watch Into the Badlands, just set the DVR to record the first episode.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Some commenters at the Mary Sue are suggesting Octavia Butler's likeness be used for the World Fantasy Awards in place of Lovecraft. What do you guys think of this suggestion?
    As good a choice as any other. Although Ursula K. Le Guin would have to be on the short list, too.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    As good a choice as any other. Although Ursula K. Le Guin would have to be on the short list, too.
    I figured she would be a sure thing.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I've been watching, I thought that the pilot was a little rushed, like it really should have been stretched out into two hours instead of one. Overall, it's an enjoyable show. I somehow hope that the Legion or New Gods will be involved at some point. Going along with the whole girl power theme they could use lightning lass, phantom girl, and Saturn girl.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I figured she would be a sure thing.
    I'd be seriously happy with either one.

Damn, people are still trying to frame the controversy over Marvel's hip hop variants as "fake/ignorant outrage".

I said from jump that I liked the covers, but there were people who had legit questions that related specifically to the opportunities being afforded to black artists. Nobody was upset at all until Brevoort gave a dismissive answer when a fan asked him about it (and that wasn't the first time Brevoort had done something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Damn, people are still trying to frame the controversy over Marvel's hip hop variants as "fake/ignorant outrage".

I said from jump that I liked the covers, but there were people who had legit questions that related specifically to the opportunities being afforded to black artists. Nobody was upset at all until Brevoort gave a dismissive answer when a fan asked him about it (and that wasn't the first time Brevoort had done something like that).
    Yep. People are still at it. Anything to silence.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Yep. People are still at it. Anything to silence.
    And they purposefully ask people about it that they KNOW aren't fully informed on the situation.