If the truth was a snake, the guy would be dead.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Only I'm not seeing how you can exploite a whole genre meant for mass consumption.

Aren't their lots of black rappers that pretend to be from the hood too? What about Drake, the Canadian child actor? What's the bottom he's talking about coming from, Degrassi?
    The bottom Drake is talking about is his childhood in working-class Toronto neighbourhoods before becoming a Canadian television actor and then an international artist. Just because he made it big doesn't mean he can't talk about his humble beginnings.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Only I'm not seeing how you can exploite a whole genre meant for mass consumption.

Aren't their lots of black rappers that pretend to be from the hood too? What about Drake, the Canadian child actor? What's the bottom he's talking about coming from, Degrassi?
    If you take something from somebody and give them no credit at all, you are exploiting them. You're a comics fan. If Steve Ditko said that Stan Lee exploted his
    talent would you have a probelm understanding that?

Nobody has said that White Females aren't allowed to rap.

Nobody had a problem with Princess Superstar. Nobody had a problem with Tarrie B (R.I.P.). Nobody had a problem with Kreshawn (Even Kreshawn has called Iggy out).

Had Iggy spit bars to old Men at Work tunes nobody would have said a thing. But if you are going to rap like you come from the South and not have a
    single Southern Rapper on your album its an issue.

Iggy Azalea is the Bob Kane of Hip Hop. Except with, you know curves and stuff.

Hold up... Tairrie B is dead?

I think you meant RIP Eazy E.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Hold up... Tairrie B is dead?

I think you meant RIP Eazy E.
    Whoops, somehow I confused Tarrie B with MC Trouble.

To be fair people did have a problem with Blondie's Rapture, but mostly because it was nonsensical garbage.

Keep eatin' cars, y'all.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 12-11-2015 at 09:15 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    To be fair people did have a problem with Blondie's Rapture, but mostly because it was nonsensical garbage.

Keep eatin' cars, y'all.
    Aw man, heh- In Debbie Harry's defense that was in 1980 and did have Flav in the video.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

A quick example I made for my high school students' editing class assignment of a Remix / Mash up video. I used clips from Friday, Boyz n The Hood, and The Craft and made them into one horror film. You know I always wanna see more black folk in fantasy/genre films!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Even if he isn't, I'll still like Finn. Unless he's a swerve and a Jar-Jar. In that case, I'll just hold a lasting grudge and pick fights with fan boys online. Welp, at least there will be plenty of He-man woman haters who'll be pissed the franchise is about a girl. That'll be something to enjoy.
    I really wish it didn't have to be a competition and we could have both

Are people actually offended by the USS Jackson or is it just one of those thinks activist have to dislike because their activists and it will be over in a couple days?

I can't tell??
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Are people actually offended by the USS Jackson or is it just one of those thinks activist have to dislike because their activists and it will be over in a couple days?

I can't tell??
    Do you know the amount of **** Andrew Jackson did? Besides the slavery related stuff, what he did to Native Americans is a scar on US History. He makes Trump look harmless and incompetent. A grade-A villain.

Even if I'm not protesting, it's hilariously stupid for anyone in the US government to commemorate that guy.

Seriously, one phrase should seal the deal on this: Trail of Tears.
    Last edited by Double 0; 12-11-2015 at 10:43 AM.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

I'm just now hearing about this, but Independence Littoral Class Combat ships are named for state capitols. So it's not "really" named for Andrew Jackson but rather Jackson, Mississippi. The problem is really that Mississippi named it's capitol after Andrew Jackson, because Mississippi.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 12-11-2015 at 10:58 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Do you know the amount of **** Andrew Jackson did? Besides the slavery related stuff, what he did to Native Americans is a scar on US History. He makes Trump look harmless and incompetent. A grade-A villain.

Even if I'm not protesting, it's hilariously stupid for anyone in the US government to commemorate that guy.

Seriously, one phrase should seal the deal on this: Trail of Tears.
    It's the beauty of not understanding the plight of what these people have done. For christ sake we have George Washington on the one dollar which to this date held one of the most amount of slaves on his ranch. I remember my african american history teacher say imagine if Germany had a Hitler dollar, how people would be all over that madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I'm just now hearing about this, but Independence Littoral Class Combat ships are named for state capitols. So it's not "really" named for Andrew Jackson but rather Jackson, Mississippi. The problem is really that Mississippi named it's capitol after Andrew Jackson, because Mississippi.
    Bingo. I doubt any changes would be made, I'm just pointing out how America is to praise its own monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    It's the beauty of not understanding the plight of what these people have done. For christ sake we have George Washington on the one dollar which to this date held one of the most amount of slaves on his ranch. I remember my african american history teacher say imagine if Germany had a Hitler dollar, how people would be all over that madness.
    The difference is that Hitler lost, and Washington won. History is written by the winners.