Reality's argument seems like the argument one makes starting with the words, "All things being equal..." when the one making the argument knows damn well that all things are not equal.

For instance, I never had a problem with the music Elvis Presley played. I just wish he had given more credit to those who had originated the genre.

I'm not really feeling the comparison holding up Teena Marie (who I love, doyahearme) and Azalea (who while not a fan of I don't dislike) as some appropriation diagram. 3 things- 1 the struggle is real and with that comes a...I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a responsibility but maybe more of a general notion when you're a part of the minority to not bemoan or be so harsh to either point fingers at one one end or crucify at the other end make arguments for certain behaviors that have historically said arguments were so often used by the oppressors. I'm speaking to more to the generality, like when we all started school and got that 'talk' about doing your best in school because 'they' are going to have advantages you won't even see. The standards of using the above two principles, I can not imagine an argument...(understanding there's always an argument for some for something) but that's to say comparing Charlie Pride v. Darrius Rucker as how to do Country music on the basis that they're both black is just too basic for me.

2- and some of this have it's feet in the first point. That comparison is flawed a couple of ways but largely by it being generational. TM was influenced completely by Smokey Robinson and Motown in the 1960's whom she recorded with in the 80's before she had to sue their asses. She was a musician a composer, a song writer an exceptional performer. On a talent level there are few and far between that hold up to her still. Azalea was probably born in the 90's- now that shouldn't absolve her of making any cultural missteps to where she finds her bread buttered but she is 3rd or 4th generation hip-hop, **** ain't like it was if you dig what I'm sayin'. She's part of a younger group that have their own standards of talent. That said I haven't heard anything regarding she doesn't pen her own rhymes /shrug.

About a year ago Scarface from the Geto Boys put this video out about how the music wants to push out the black entertainer in rap music and it was a concerted effort by the corporations to supplant the whole genre w/ white artists. First of all re: Scarface, I bought several Geto Boys albums back in the day and bruh- YOU HAD YOUR TIME. Many artist of his day had their time to say what ever the **** they wanted to against cold beats no mater how misogynistic or how profane or even how flat out ill it was, package it and sell it to black and white youth who are now in their late 30's and early 40's. If Scarface want's to keep putting out albums, E-40 is still doing it with the youngsters and so are a couple others who've been around for 20+ years. Platforms and industry change, especially the music industry and this is what I'm talkin' bout in regards to Azalea. I've ran into younger cats and I've seen their interactions with Caucasians their age and they even address each other in a manner that, even with the coolest white dude I've ever met, I wouldn't be cool with so...Azealia Banks points a lot of fingers at others but some of the most popular of the gene (Lil' Wayne i.e.) wouldn't come out to say **** but pay me and his audience is vast.

and this leads into 3. Hell, poor people like to hear from recording artists who used to be poor and struggle too (as they know struggle that is). TM was a talent that only needing some industry tutelage to shine. Iggy is a rapper who 1- toured with NAS AND got put on by TI. Neither one of them brothas are gatekeepers of appropriation but at the same time, on a certain level they found a voice in a package they felt was worth promoting at one time or another. What rapper whose been in the game for a long period of time WOULDN'T want to discover the next Marshall Mathers? More of them than not. I believe the girl grew up poor, past that she's just making music that appeal to her generation. Is she throwin' excessive N bombs around because that's a battle I'm sure will be taken to her if the case be.

WHEW,my 2 cents... You wanna look at an appropriator look to what that batch Hanna Montana became.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I'm not really feeling the comparison holding up Teena Marie (who I love, doyahearme) and Azalea (who while not a fan of I don't dislike) as some appropriation diagram. 3 things- 1 the struggle is real and with that comes a...I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a responsibility but maybe more of a general notion when you're a part of the minority to not bemoan or be so harsh to either point fingers at one one end or crucify at the other end make arguments for certain behaviors that have historically said arguments were so often used by the oppressors. I'm speaking to more to the generality, like when we all started school and got that 'talk' about doing your best in school because 'they' are going to have advantages you won't even see. The standards of using the above two principles, I can not imagine an argument...(understanding there's always an argument for some for something) but that's to say comparing Charlie Pride v. Darrius Rucker as how to do Country music on the basis that they're both black is just too basic for me.

2- and some of this have it's feet in the first point. That comparison is flawed a couple of ways but largely by it being generational. TM was influenced completely by Smokey Robinson and Motown in the 1960's whom she recorded with in the 80's before she had to sue their asses. She was a musician a composer, a song writer an exceptional performer. On a talent level there are few and far between that hold up to her still. Azalea was probably born in the 90's- now that shouldn't absolve her of making any cultural missteps to where she finds her bread buttered but she is 3rd or 4th generation hip-hop, **** ain't like it was if you dig what I'm sayin'. She's part of a younger group that have their own standards of talent. That said I haven't heard anything regarding she doesn't pen her own rhymes /shrug.

About a year ago Scarface from the Geto Boys put this video out about how the music wants to push out the black entertainer in rap music and it was a concerted effort by the corporations to supplant the whole genre w/ white artists. First of all re: Scarface, I bought several Geto Boys albums back in the day and bruh- YOU HAD YOUR TIME. Many artist of his day had their time to say what ever the **** they wanted to against cold beats no mater how misogynistic or how profane or even how flat out ill it was, package it and sell it to black and white youth who are now in their late 30's and early 40's. If Scarface want's to keep putting out albums, E-40 is still doing it with the youngsters and so are a couple others who've been around for 20+ years. Platforms and industry change, especially the music industry and this is what I'm talkin' bout in regards to Azalea. I've ran into younger cats and I've seen their interactions with Caucasians their age and they even address each other in a manner that, even with the coolest white dude I've ever met, I wouldn't be cool with so...Azealia Banks points a lot of fingers at others but some of the most popular of the gene (Lil' Wayne i.e.) wouldn't come out to say **** but pay me and his audience is vast.

and this leads into 3. Hell, poor people like to hear from recording artists who used to be poor and struggle too (as they know struggle that is). TM was a talent that only needing some industry tutelage to shine. Iggy is a rapper who 1- toured with NAS AND got put on by TI. Neither one of them brothas are gatekeepers of appropriation but at the same time, on a certain level they found a voice in a package they felt was worth promoting at one time or another. What rapper whose been in the game for a long period of time WOULDN'T want to discover the next Marshall Mathers? More of them than not. I believe the girl grew up poor, past that she's just making music that appeal to her generation. Is she throwin' excessive N bombs around because that's a battle I'm sure will be taken to her if the case be.

WHEW,my 2 cents... You wanna look at an appropriator look to what that batch Hanna Montana became.
    That's a pretty solid defense. I wasn't trying to make it a generational thing. I could have used Joss Stone or Adele or a different modern female white rapper, TM was the one who came up first. Because trust, when it comes to generational stuff, I'm lean more towards the side of the new than the old.

And yeah, I can't get Miley trying to rap like Juice J out of my head. The fact that Juicy was ok with that was just cringeworthy.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Because trust, when it comes to generational stuff, I'm lean more towards the side of the new than the old.
    Rly?

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    And yeah, I can't get Miley trying to rap like Juice J out of my head. The fact that Juicy was ok with that was just cringeworthy.
    You got that right. I think very little is beneath that dude doin'.
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The thing is, there's real complaints about some of the aliens in Phantom Menace like the Nemodians who had stereotypes Asian accents, Watto being yiddish and Jar Jar Binks pigeon-English but she was like: Vader is black and turned white when he stopped denying his kid? Vader never denied Luke that was Ben's doing.

Plus Lando blows up the last Death Star in RotJ while Han Leia just make googoo eyes at each other and shut down the shield generator. And there's Finn is in the new movies with a lightsaber (maybe she missed that?)

Everytime Juicy J comes up I feel the need to say "Academy Award Winner Juicy J".

Because that's ridiculous.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Everytime Juicy J comes up I feel the need to say "Academy Award Winner Juicy J".

Because that's ridiculous.

He did just drop his new mixtape that has a oscar on the cover

Growing up I was hard into Three 6 Mafia, now I'm just like wtf are you doing Juice?

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    The thing is, there's real complaints about some of the aliens in Phantom Menace like the Nemodians who had stereotypes Asian accents, Watto being yiddish and Jar Jar Binks pigeon-English but she was like: Vader is black and turned white when he stopped denying his kid? Vader never denied Luke that was Ben's doing.
    Not to mention "white vader" slaughtered a bunch of kiddos.....

Plus Lando blows up the last Death Star in RotJ while Han Leia just make googoo eyes at each other and shut down the shield generator. And there's Finn is in the new movies with a lightsaber (maybe she missed that?)
    sigh... finn...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It shouldn't surprise me that Miley is rapping now, but it does.

Wait, Miley is rapping now? I'm so glad I'm old now and don't care about new music for the most part, it's the best thing to happen since becoming a teen and "discovering" music.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    He did just drop his new mixtape that has a oscar on the cover

Growing up I was hard into Three 6 Mafia, now I'm just like wtf are you doing Juice?
    lol Very timely of the Juice Man.
    I was down back in the day too, Project Pat to Lil' Wyte to LaChat, I enjoyed the movie Choices.
    Having said, the stories from ex 3-6 members over the years makes me not surprised at anything by him. He was the most triple 6 of all of them.
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Is this a parody?

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    There definitely are plenty of Africans who share the same eye shape, but of course there's nothing that rules it out from being separately evolved after people moved into Asia, so we really don't know. The point though is that your physical features are a pretty insignificant part of your overall genetic makeup, it's not as if you can draw a clear line, or even a fuzzy one, between Asian and non-Asian based on eye shape alone, that would obviously be silly.
    To me the only biological significance of a given physical feature is that if it became dominant, then there's a strong chance-- though not a certainty-- that it served some evolutionary purpose at some time. Long ago, I heard it theorized that the Asian development of the eye-fold enhanced protection of the eye under special circumstances, but that's only a working hypothesis, and probably unproveable. Bu I agree with the poster who said that these are qualitatively equal.

Again in the realm of the unproveable hypothesis: while it's very likely all hominid life evolved in Africa, we don't know what form that took. If the first hominids evolved from some shimp-related missing link, then what color would the hominid's skin be when it had yet to lose most of its body hair? I've heard it said most chimps are light-skinned, and though I'm not knowledgeable in that department, it would seem to follow that there's not a lot of need for much melanin in the skin if you've a lot of body hair. But of course if the first African hominids were light-skinned, they wouldn't have stayed that way long, foraging on the savannah, so "pride of place" has next to no importance in the long game of evolution. It may be that early humans who moved northward then started to recapitulate genetic proclivities that had been recessive for centuries, rather than undergoing mutation as such.

Once human beings gained greater ability to manipulate their environment, rather than being molded by it, most of these modifications seem to have ceased the process of modification-- though of course it's impossible to see such genetic movements across a mere handful of centuries.

Bill Cosby Sues Accusers / Claims They Ruined His Reputation

Read more: http://thatgrapejuice.net/entertainm...#ixzz3uKrj3t9x
    Follow us: @ThatGrapeJuice on Twitter | ThatGrapeJuiceOfficial on Facebook

http://thatgrapejuice.net/entertainm...sues-accusers/