Astonishing Member

I don't understand how people cannot see the friendzone comment, it's simple really. Had Finn been white, you best believe they would be edging towards coupling right now. The fact that Finn is black, we all know puts disney on their toes seeing as they have many times had huge problems with white women/black men interracial couplings. Like many times before, this is another classic example of not only the black male being asexual, but hollywood once again being scared crapless of going down this road, which is pathetic.

So I saw it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I though it would be. spoilers:
    Finn not being a jedi is disappointing and it was shady marketing but he's far from useless or a damsel. He's an awesome shot, pulls off several rescues, gets loads of kills including a lightsaber kill, and the fight at the end was a pretty strong effort despite the outcome.
    end of spoilers

Finn aside, this was easily the best acted movie movie of the entire saga the cast had genuine chemistry. My biggest story gripe is ******* Heavy Spoiler****** spoilers:
    Kylo Ren's relationship to Han and Leia and the weight of him killing Han isn't earned at all. Plus the BS about him still being good. Really!? Where do we see this AT. ALL. He orders genocide, torture, etc. They really need to fill in his backstory via books, comics, and/or games to fill out his character and that relationship.
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Sam started out as a vet helping other vets. Then sacrificed his safety to help Rogers and Widow. Then held his own in the highway fight. Then accomplished his part of the mission in a cool ass arial sequence.

Then he got taken out of the sky by the title villain super assasin. And then was losing a fight to a super high level shield agent who lasted longwr against cal than batroc. Not random hydra agent #127.

Oh, and Sam wasnt billed as a bad ass. He is a side kick and always has been.

Now if Tchalla gets chumped.....
    To be fair we have Falcon who has been around 50 years and somewhat active in outside media. You had an experience solider not a janitor.

This was not the planet's first time ever seeing him.

Sam had training, Finn got brainwashed to be the janitor. When does Disney get called out for that?

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I don't understand how people cannot see the friendzone comment, it's simple really. Had Finn been white, you best believe they would be edging towards coupling right now. The fact that Finn is black, we all know puts disney on their toes seeing as they have many times had huge problems with white women/black men interracial couplings. Like many times before, this is another classic example of not only the black male being asexual, but hollywood once again being scared crapless of going down this road, which is pathetic.
    spoilers:
    Yeah, that kiss on the forehead at the end was bogus as hell.
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    So, Fish Mooney goes bye bye by the end of this first season of Gotham, as predicted.

Anyone going to keep watching?
    You can probably guess my answer if I opine that Fish was a flat and boring character who served no purpose in herself; she only worked as a means by which the writers could propel an oddball small-timer like Penguin to the status of big-time gangsta.

I could've done without the whole body-part arc, with which the writers unnecessarily prolonged her presence.

I don't know recent Batman history that wel, so I don't know if the Bat-comics have come up with a quality Afro-American opponent for Bats. But if they have done, or ever do, it'll have to be a much better conception than Fish Mooney.

Eh, I kinda disagree. Sam technically was the only one out of the group not able to defeat their inherit villain. Both Sam and Crossbones had extended training, it's just that Sam was edging on retirement while Crossbones was still in the business. But according to the projects, it's definitely save to say that Sam was on a much more classified and special training group than crossbones.

And this is why I'm concern about Black Panther. It's the same writer not able to give Sam the V. And seeing as this is a Captain America movie, I'm not expecting either BP or Falcon to have a fantastic showing. The only saving grace is really the BP movie and that depends upon the director they get.
    There training obviously were in different things. Crossbones was in an on the ground kill squad, sam was a modified paratrooper

But anyway. My problem is mostly the bait and switch advertising honestly.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    Most black women don't see definitely don't see black men as weak. Black women care more about black men than black men definitely care about us like 1000 fold. Black men are the ones that don't care about us. You treat us like crap. I only liked Finn. I don't care about Rey.
    Hold up!

You're a Sista?

As for Black men supposedly not caring about Black women, do you know every single Black man on the planet?

Invincible Member

It seems like certain fans want to see them together

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    So I saw it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I though it would be. spoilers:
    Finn not being a jedi is disappointing and it was shady marketing but he's far from useless or a damsel. He's an awesome shot, pulls off several rescues, gets loads of kills including a lightsaber kill, and the fight at the end was a pretty strong effort despite the outcome.
    end of spoilers

Finn aside, this was easily the best acted movie movie of the entire saga the cast had genuine chemistry. My biggest story gripe is ******* Heavy Spoiler****** spoilers:
    Kylo Ren's relationship to Han and Leia and the weight of him killing Han isn't earned at all. Plus the BS about him still being good. Really!? Where do we see this AT. ALL. He orders genocide, torture, etc. They really need to fill in his backstory via books, comics, and/or games to fill out his character and that relationship.
    end of spoilers
    Losing to Kylo is only an issue insofar as Rey then goes on to Beat Him...there is the janitor issue of course...The key problem in terms of fights is he never wins a single goddamn fight...I am sorry boys spin it all u want there is no excuse for Finn to lose to a no name Storm Trooper in single combat. U didnt see Falcon lose to a random hydra grunts...and even if Falcon didnt beat crossbones he didnt get beat so bad its coma time before Cap swooped in and crushed CrossBones. Poe destroyed Starkiller and Rey beat Kylo...Finn beat or destroyed? Nothing. Futhermore I have read a lot of the old EU and I am up to date on the movies and cartoons...no lead to the best of my knowledge has ever lost 1 v 1 to a unnamed stomtrooper in star wars history
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 12-20-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    Most black women don't see definitely don't see black men as weak. Black women care more about black men than black men definitely care about us like 1000 fold. Black men are the ones that don't care about us. You treat us like crap. I only liked Finn. I don't care about Rey.
    Do you think throwing every black man in America under the bus is fair or reasonable? Come on. . .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Do you think throwing every black man in America under the bus is fair or reasonable? Come on. . .
    It's the old "I know you talking about me because you never said SOME" argument.

It's the "I can trash all black men but don't you dare fire back" argument.

It's the "We can list all the flaws of black men but we are PREFECT" argument.

And the only reply you can fired back is "If it doesn't apply to YOU-why are you getting mad?"

Since LOGIC would say ask that person WHY they think that, so you can learn something that might help you as a person.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It seems like certain fans want to see them together
    If the genders were switched-you would see it.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If the genders were switched-you would see it.
    Hence what we have in the comic ( WM/BW).

And this is why I'm concern about Black Panther. It's the same writer not able to give Sam the V.
    That's because nobody is trying to hinge a spin-off on Sam. Sam looks like a chump nothing changes because Sam isn't the reason people go to watch Captain America movies. T'Challa looks like a chump and the company has now potentially cost themselves millions of dollars because nobody wants to watch his movie.

Putting Black Panther in this was a calculated move, believe that. There is still an overwhelming belief women and minorities do not sell, which is why they're making a point of introducing him in an already popular character's movie before pushing him off into his own. It's probably the same reason they went and shoved Wonder Woman into the Batman vs. Superman film ahead of her own flick and then ended the trailer with a shot of her saving their asses. They have a vested financial interest in giving them a good showing.
    Last edited by Holt; 12-20-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...o-die-20151220

Well this sort of explains why Poe was so MIA in the film.

Meanwhile in a separate GQ interview with Oscar Isaac, the actor revealed in early drafts his hot shot Rebel pilot character Poe Dameron actually died. He’s amazing!” Isaac recalls Abrams telling him. “He opens the whole movie!” Abrams added. “Sounds great!” thought Isaac. But then Abrams revealed, “And then…he dies.”
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...acted-20151220

“Early on I tried to write versions of the story where [Rey] is at home, her home is destroyed, and then she goes on the road and meets Luke. And then she goes and kicks the bad guy’s ass,” Arndt said (via EW). “It just never worked and I struggled with this. This was back in 2012.” Apparently the issue was Luke’s presence was always upstaging everyone in the script. “It just felt like every time Luke came in and entered the movie, he just took it over,” Arndt continued. “Suddenly you didn’t care about your main character anymore because, ‘Oh f–k, Luke Skywalker’s here. I want to see what he’s going to do.’”