It's very possible that Finn could be bi...

Though I think this is just one of those things where fans are reading too much into things and just shipping character that have great chemistry. Of no matter what happens people will be mad. If Finn/Poe hook up homophobes will be mad, but if they don't hook up the people who are shipping the couple will complain about Disney not being brave enough for the coupling.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Eh....a bit extreme. While I definitely agree with much of the criticism about Finn, to give him the label of a token is asinine. He's not a token by any means and it's like they're trying to create a new label just because he doesn't fit the standard definition of a token. You can express your criticisms and complaints regarding an issue without trying to label it, especially if it doesn't match the original label to begin with.
    Most people don't use the term "Token" properly. They think it just means a single person of a particular group being included in something. People don't understand that it isn't tokenism unless said person is ONLY there to fill a spot for the sake of diversity.

In fiction a token plays an inconsequential role in the plot, receives little to no character development, and has no motivations outside of the larger group or lead character.

Say what you want about Finn but he's absolutely not a token in The Force Awakens.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    ...Well you can read it that way in the movie...the book makes Poe look straight though and Finn is obviously Straight
    I knew sooner or later the gay issue was going to come up. Racism and now homophobia.

Well there's chemistry between Finn and Poe, and there's also Chemistry between Finn and Rey. So it could go either way, folks on tumblr also pair off Rey with Kylo Ren, which is pretty problematic.

I think our culture places a little too much value in romantic relationships. Platonic ones, between those of the same or opposite gender are just as important.

BANNED

Shippers Be Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    He hasn't gone after him hard. He did make some crack about Cruz saying something like "I didn't know there were that many evangelicals from Cuba" when it was shown that Cruz was rising in the polls.
    I'd guess that Trump is just smart enough to realize that he will need a decent sized chunk of Cruz's support if "Establishment" support lines up behind a single candidate.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I'd guess that Trump is just smart enough to realize that he will need a decent sized chunk of Cruz's support if "Establishment" support lines up behind a single candidate.
    I think it's kind of the opposite...Cruz hasn't attacked Trump for Trump's anti-hispanic racism cuz he knows Trump will eventually drop out and he's hoping to grab some of Trump's spill over crowd.

Invincible Member

You know what could be interesting even though Disney/Lucas would never do it, is if Finn, Rey, and Poe all lived together in a polyamorous relationship and raised kids together.

You know what could be interesting even though Disney/Lucas would never do it, is if Finn, Rey, and Poe all lived together in a polyamorous relationship and raised kids together.
    Chewie could baby sit on weekends.

BANNED

I'm really not regretting my decision to give the JJ Abrams Star Wars movie the miss.

Best movie watching related decision I've made in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'm really not regretting my decision to give the JJ Abrams Star Wars movie the miss.

Same here , big thanks and shout out to JaggedFel and Victor Freeman for heads up on the bs...

Extraordinary Member

I think it's kind of the opposite...Cruz hasn't attacked Trump for Trump's anti-hispanic racism cuz he knows Trump will eventually drop out and he's hoping to grab some of Trump's spill over crowd.
    Cruz needs the Yahoo vote.

He can't alienate the Yahoos. If Trump craps himself in a general election that is one thing, but there's no way Cruz can call Trump on his insane racism.

For his followers Trumps racism is a feature not a flaw and maybe Cruz is just White enough to pick up the yahoo vote when/if Trump fails.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Cruz needs the Yahoo vote.

He can't alienate the Yahoos. If Trump craps himself in a general election that is one thing, but there's no way Cruz can call Trump on his insane racism.

For his followers Trumps racism is a feature not a flaw and maybe Cruz is just White enough to pick up the yahoo vote when/if Trump fails.
    I think Ben Carson is in the same situation. And possibly Rubio as well?

Carson sorta has his own style of nuttiness going on though...

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

On one hand I totally understand why some folks are disappointed.

One the other hand, some folks might be going a little over board. Star Wars is a franchise that's consistently been problematic when it comes to minorities and it's not like this one was going to be Nat Turner in space. To act as if black kids have no role models cuz Finn is not a Jedi is taking it a little far. To anyone who's like what do we tell our kids...I'd say why not expose them to entertainment where we're the stars as opposed to the sidekicks?

On one hand I totally understand why some folks are disappointed.

One the other hand, some folks might be going a little over board. Star Wars is a franchise that's consistently been problematic when it comes to minorities and it's not like this one was going to be Nat Turner in space. To act as if black kids have no role models cuz Finn is not a Jedi is taking it a little far. To anyone who's like what do we tell our kids...I'd say why not expose them to entertainment where we're the stars as opposed to the sidekicks?

Remember the Mod Squad? Julie, Pete, and brother Linc. Not once did I ever feel Clarence Williams III took a back seat to Peggy Lipton or Michael Cole. The genuine mutual respect, trust, loyalty, and love the trio displayed for one another was truly dynamic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Shippers Be Crazy