BANNED

Lol, really guys we gonna keep on justifying why Rey is awesome? That is what Mary Sue (website) is for.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I read it very quickly, btu I thought there was one trooper who was slightly better at hand-to-hand than Finn, but I didn't think it was Nines but another one.

But, in that book, Finn was considered elite and special. He was considered "different" than the rest, both based on his skill as a soldier and the fact that he cared about the weaklink in the group. Him losing to any trooper is bull to me because he was considered special.

unless Nines is the one that was slightly better at Melee combat. I ddidn't think it was nines though
    Sure in the book Finn was elite but Rucka and JJ werent on the same page...nothing about Finn suggested he was elite in this movie at all. Couldnt beat a random trooper, way too scared, and couldnt use explosives.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 01-07-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Luke was not confirmed dead .That alone should have been reason enough to teach him.Considering what happen to the Empire.

Plus why not have the teacher himself try to invade his mind to teach him how to defend against it.
    Maybe they thought it would be a waste of time to try and train a padawan to stop a grandmaster from reading his mind?

Its SW, nothign ever makes complete sense lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Luke was not confirmed dead .That alone should have been reason enough to teach him.Considering what happen to the Empire.

Plus why not have the teacher himself try to invade his mind to teach him how to defend against it.

Because that's considered a dark side power.

Both Jedi and Sith draw from the force, but they use it in totally different ways. Aggressive and easy force powers are considered dark side powers. Jedi's typically use the force in much more subtle ways. There are exceptions of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Sure in the book Finn was elite but Rucka and JJ werent on the same page...nothing about Finn suggested he was elite in this movie at all. Couldnt beat a random trooper, way too scared, and couldnt use explosives.
    Dude, not saying you don't have valid points, but at this point, you are becoming a broken record man

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Because that's considered a dark side power.

Both Jedi and Sith draw from the force, but they use it in totally different ways. Aggressive and easy force powers are considered dark side powers. Jedi's typically use the force in much more subtle ways. There are exceptions of course.
    Good thing we talking about Kylo Ren (who is a Sith) and his master (who is most likely also a Sith)

BANNED

Dude, not saying you don't have valid points, but at this point, you are becoming a broken record man
    Well yes because no one mainstream is talking about it? So it falls to us and you guys would rather spend your time justifying Rey being great which everyone is doing anyway.

Well yes because no one mainstream is talking about it? So it falls to us and you guys would rather spend your time justifying Rey being great which everyone is doing anyway.
    The only reason Rey gets brought up in this thread and needs justifying is because you incessantly compare the two every chance you get....

Good thing we talking about Kylo Ren (who is a Sith) and his master (who is most likely also a Sith)
    Except Kylo Ren isn't a Sith.

They made it very clear leading up to the film that Kylo Ren isn't a sith. The Knights of Ren are something totally different. That's why the end of movie had Snoke saying Kylo needed to complete his training.

Nobody brings up Rey except for you...

Anytime TFA is discussed in this thread you always bring up Rey to complain about her being a mary sue and juxtaposing her feats to Finn's.

Incredible Member

Except Kylo Ren isn't a Sith.

They made it very clear leading up to the film that Kylo Ren isn't a sith. The Knights of Ren are something totally different. That's why the end of movie had Snoke saying Kylo needed to complete his training.
    Except their is no notable difference between the two in the actual movie besides the before mentioned incompetence.You can't blame people for seeing him as Sith ( or atleast a poor mans version of one).

And you dont have characters say things like that after the fact.It just makes it obvious that your trying to justify it.
    Last edited by Baseman; 01-07-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Except their is no notable difference between the two in the actual movie besides the before mentioned incompetence.You can't blame people for seeing him as Sith ( or atleast a poor mans version of one).

And you dont have characters say things like that after the fact.It just makes it obvious that your trying to justify it.

Like I said, my biggest problem with the film is that they purposefully left things out of it so people would have to buy the expanded universe stuff.

Like I said, my biggest problem with the film is that they purposefully left things out of it so people would have to buy the expanded universe stuff.
    It is like they are taking Marvel's shared universe and trying to add to it and take it to the next step.

BANNED

The only reason Rey gets brought up in this thread and needs justifying is because you incessantly compare the two every chance you get....
    THey were sold as co-leads if one co-lead is clearly inferior to the other then yeah I am going to mention it but you guys wanna spend your time justifying why Rey being great is fine and Finn being *** is fine cause he didnt practice, because he needs experience meanwhile Rey needs none of that.

BANNED

Or maybe some of us don't see her as some white bitch who castrated a black man on film

We've explained the whys with her and Finn but it's pointless as in two threads now you have to tell us over and over how shity she is

I'm with Brandon Easton and Black Nerd Rants on Finn/Rey detractors now

Incredible Member

Funny enough.I didn't even know their was a expanded universe. Admittedly StarWars had fallen off my radar until Rebels.

Also I like to say now that I don't have that much of a problem with Rey. I like her well enough.I do think she OP's though (and the theory that the force is actively working inside her doesn't really help) and I didn't care for how it make the villans of this trilogy look.

And I'm a sucker for characters that grow to be more that they are.So I really looking forward to seeing what they do with Finn.