Invincible Member

Speaking of Rudy...Kelly Rowland sticks up for Beyonce
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...etails-w164280

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    There was that film with Sam Jackson directed by John Singleton from the early 2000's. As much as I like everyone involved, script-wise that movie was a mess. ( Early in the film Shaft criticizes a white cop for being rough with a suspect, yet later he literally pistol whips a black kid on a corner, then actually says during the climatic action scene, "Woo! It's Giuliani Time!" I'm like WTF?

Walker wrote a new Shaft prose novel that should be coming out pretty soon...
    I remember that scene. The best part in the movie was Richard Roundtree's apperance. You know, David Walker's writing style reminds me of Ernest Tidyman, Chester Himes, and Raymond Chandler. Mickey Spillane too.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    What do you think? Reboot the film franchise? Develop a cable/Netflix/Amazon show?
    They're supposedly working on a new Shaft movie but it was rumored to be going the comedy route. Hopefully that doesn't happen. That's what Black Dynamite is for, after all.

As for Deadpool...never thought I'd pay to see another Fox X-universe movie. Never say never I guess, heh. Some parents had their kids in there which was kind of weird. Definitely not a kiddie movie.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its been said that Deadpool will headline the X-Force film coming with Cable and Domino. I could actually see them keep going with the kids who they cast as the new Cyclops , Jean Gray , Storm and Nightcrawler with Colossus. They can give Magneto a break awhile as a key villain and hell....build to an X-Men vs X-Force film.
    I fear the x movies would be straight up boring with a jean/cyke/kurt/colossus team. U would have all that personality with dp/cable and so much vanilla on the other side.

Its why, imo, wolv works so well with that vanilla group as he has a personslity lol. Gsmbit would work too i suppose
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I fear the x movies would be straight up boring with a jean/cyke/kurt/colossus team. U would have all that personality with dp/cable and so much vanilla on the other side.

Its why, imo, wolv works so well with that vanilla group as he has a personslity lol. Gsmbit would work too i suppose

Gambit is getting a solo film so it appears that Fox is preparing for Life After Hugh Jackman. lol.

It would be nice if Fox told Jackman , were establishing new solo X-Films . If you come back...you can actually fight Deadpool onscreen. Jackman and Reynolds together. A film that a million women and gay men will faint over.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    As for Deadpool...never thought I'd pay to see another Fox X-universe movie. Never say never I guess, heh. Some parents had their kids in there which was kind of weird. Definitely not a kiddie movie.
    I'm not that shocked. I remember when Watchmen came out. A fair number of people went to it and were surprised by the material despite the fact that it was R Rated. They just saw superheroes and assumed it was going to be safe like Spiderman/Batman

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Gambit is getting a solo film so it appears that Fox is preparing for Life After Hugh Jackman. lol.

It would be nice if Fox told Jackman , were establishing new solo X-Films . If you come back...you can actually fight Deadpool onscreen. Jackman and Reynolds together. A film that a million women and gay men will faint over.
    Do gay men like Ryan Reynolds?

I'm not that shocked. I remember when Watchmen came out. A fair number of people went to it and were surprised by the material despite the fact that it was R Rated. They just saw superheroes and assumed it was going to be safe like Spiderman/Batman
    Deadpool made Watchhmen look like a Muppets film.

They're supposedly working on a new Shaft movie but it was rumored to be going the comedy route. Hopefully that doesn't happen. That's what Black Dynamite is for, after all.

I got to see Deadpool for free. I really enjoyed it.

I wouldn't know for sure. But he was voted People's Most Sexiest Man for so many years and I guess men and women love him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Well he's hot, and I'm not the only gay man that thinks that. And there's been rumours about him being gay or bi for a long time. Call me naive but I think Reynolds actually did come out as bi on Family Guy. I think that was a safe way for him to express his opinion on his sexuality while not being taken too seriously and making headlines, 'cause it was just a cartoon. Or maybe it was all just a joke.

Ultimate Member

Well they have no trouble putting out Deadpool toys and I have seen kid sized costumes for him too.

Nice to see Deadpool do well. Shows how hypocritical fake Fantastic Four fans were. I thought Fox couldn't make decent Marvel films and should give up the rights-was that all we heard for 2 straight years.

Make a film without a black guy in the lead that actually LIVES at the end and all is forgiven.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Deadpool made me like Super hero movies again. Not going to say its the best adaptation of this or that, but it was such a relief to watch a movie about a Super who wasn't heeding a higher call to make the world a better place. It's basically about a dude working out his frustrations on deserving targets and trying to reconnect with his girl. I liked it a lot.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Folks , since its horror movie season. Its "The Day Beyonce Turned Black..."

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well they have no trouble putting out Deadpool toys and I have seen kid sized costumes for him too.

Nice to see Deadpool do well. Shows how hypocritical fake Fantastic Four fans were. I thought Fox couldn't make decent Marvel films and should give up the rights-was that all we heard for 2 straight years.

Make a film without a black guy in the lead that actually LIVES at the end and all is forgiven.
    It also helps that Deadpool is actually good But obviously I do 100% agree, the hate was long, LONNNNNNNNNNNG before they saw the film (and saw how sh*tty it was). Now if they out Deadpool properly, as Reynold's hinted they might; enjoy seeing the hate flow once more.

He's super hot, seems nice and is proud of his gay fans. I'm going to go with yes
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."