Page 13 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723631135131013 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Is that a black Asgardian?
    http://www.comicvine.com/sigurd/4005-83725/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnetic View Post
    It's not just Shana. The person they cast for Aja (Hayley Kiyoko) is also half white and can pass for white as well. It's like the studio is having their cake and eating it too I guess because technically you can't call it racebending but it's definitely whitewashing.
    Actually kind of odd coming from Hasbro. Or at least, the GI Joe movies generally bent things the other way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Actually kind of odd coming from Hasbro. Or at least, the GI Joe movies generally bent things the other way.
    Well yes but that was a military movie

BANNED

I never knew there was a minority character in Jem. I still don't care.

SUPPORT "THE HAWKEYE INITIATIVE" if you care of stopping overt sexism in comics!!!
    http://thehawkeyeinitiative.com/

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think so. It was the black cover with a woman's face.
    Is "Mother's Day" when all the secrets are revealed? (about Loki, Leah and PatriNot) Secrets is the wrong word; motivation and purpose (and some secrets like what REALLY happened in the first issue). I an see why you'd think it was a filler from the point of view it's not focused on the YA; but it had a lot of huge reveals in it, ones that reshape what we thought we knew about the characters and what they did. Plus it has one of my favourite (due to the subtly of the movement) art moments.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Is that a black Asgardian?
    Yep! His name is Sigurd, the Ever Glorious; the first hero of Asgard. To my knowledge he was introduced by Kieron Gillen in the New Mutants/Journey into Mystery crossover "Exiled" (where he's running from the Disir, who are undead female warriors due to one falling in love with him and Sigurd fleeing from her).

I don't know how much relevance he has to the classical Norse God
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigurd

He sounds (in mythology) more akin to Achilles of Ancient Greece. But THIS part very much has been used by the comics:
    [from Wikipedia] In the Middle High German Nibelungenlied, Sîfrit (Siegfried) is a prince of Xanten who is later revealed to have a heroic background including killing a dragon and winning lands and an immense fortune from a pair of brothers. From bathing in the dragon's blood, he is invulnerable except for a spot on his back where a leaf adhered to his skin.

BANNED

One of the side enjoyments of Amazing Spiderman 2 was Electro..it was like watching my descent into trollhood. I am glad to be in a better place..the movie was disjointed but entertaining...dare I say it was amazing to the kids under 12.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    One of the side enjoyments of Amazing Spiderman 2 was Electro..it was like watching my descent into trollhood. I am glad to be in a better place..the movie was disjointed but entertaining...dare I say it was amazing to the kids under 12.
    I would disagree. I felt Jamie Foxx did a fantastic job of trying to add depth and motive to a very poorly crafted (by the writers) character. He connected the giant leap in character beats as well he could, but ultimately it lacked the inner turmoil that Foxx deserved (and conveyed as best he could without the script). Visually he was very cool, I just wanted them to really let him loose with a complex character.

BANNED

Meh Frost... We only know a few things about Sigurd: He is a dick, he is good with a sword, and he really likes banging women. He is pretty straight. Although Loki is a shapeshifter. But really I can see Sigurd hitting on Angela which could be pretty entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Meh Frost... We only know a few things about Sigurd: He is a dick, he is good with a sword, and he really likes banging women. He is pretty straight. Although Loki is a shapeshifter. But really I can see Sigurd hitting on Angela which could be pretty entertaining.
    "Though his heart opened to none". Could be because he's always with women. As you say, we know very little about him, wouldn't be a huge stretch tp imagine he's bi. Plus, with us knowing Loki: Agent of Asgard will be shown as bi... he's the only male who is going to be a regular supporting cast member.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    "Though his heart opened to none". Could be because he's always with women. As you say, we know very little about him, wouldn't be a huge stretch tp imagine he's bi. Plus, with us knowing Loki: Agent of Asgard will be shown as bi... he's the only male who is going to be a regular supporting cast member.
    That said look forward to this issue will be the 2nd comic I read after Rat Queens of course

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Meh Frost... We only know a few things about Sigurd: He is a dick, he is good with a sword, and he really likes banging women. He is pretty straight.
    LOL. That's never stopped gay/bi dudes from liking other dudes after a while. Experience and all....

I LOVED Electro in Amazing Spidey 2. I have to say I'm a little surprised at how much hate the film is getting though I can say there definitely was some flaws. But i was generally happy with the Electro stuff. But yo... who ever designed the theme music/background sounds for Electro needs a lot of props because it was a joy hearing it play when Electro would start getting crazy in the mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Terrible, one of not only the worst movies ever made but also worst remakes as well.

This movie is problematic with race issues and sexuality
    Damn...dat bad, huh?!

We/SZ thought itmyt b gd with David Belle in it.SIGH!

OH well, thnx.

Hmm,...d lady in ur sign is familiar, isnt she d she who does fytt vidz with kwonkicker & narayana cabral?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Just saw Amazing Spider Man 2.

Y'know I had actually forgotten what it was like to sit thru a bad super hero movie.

I actually feel bad for Jamie Foxx that he was in that thing.
    Toby Maguire is d only true Spiderman we/SZ luv & respect. PERIOD!

We/SZ aint gonna bothr with dis amazing nonsense.

I was surprised how much praise Amazing Spider-Man got, outside of a few scenes it was kind of dull. Amazing Spider-Man 2 was better than 1 but thats not saying much. The acting was alright, the script felt weak and like 3/4 of the film was carried by special effects
    The J-man

BANNED

Has any1 md a MILESTONE MEDIA THRD in d DC forums?

If nt can sum1 plz mk 1.

BANNED

LARNELL STOVALL action reel 2014 (fyt koreografr, stunt kordinatr):

Max Steel(currntly filming/ in prdctn)
    Falcon Rising starring MJW(post-prdctn)
    Raid 2: Berandal (Guest koreografer)
    Undisputed 3
    MK Legacy webseries
    Universal Soldier: Rekoning
    Snitch
    Metal Hurlant Kronicles series
    Never Back Down 2: The Beatdown
    Repeat Offenders: Jamais Vu
    Bunraku

Last edited by SilverZeal; 05-05-2014 at 05:18 AM.