Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The definition of the term "stealing the show," is when a supporting character shows him or herself to be more dynamic than the star. The star cannot steal the show because you cannot steal something you already own. So yeah, I think Scarlet Johansen did steal the show in Winter Soldier, just a bit.
    I really don't think so. She was great in it, a great supporting character, but not one moment in that movie did I think she was stealing the show. That doesn't mean she wasn't good, it was just that Steve and even WS were better.

Hell, if Falcon had more time on screen I think he would have been closer to stealing the show... everytime he was on screen he was funny as hell, had charisma, and/or it was a cool action scene. Just wasn't on screen enough.

Speaking of which, I hope Falcon doesn't get "lost" in Civil War. I think he very well could. MCU Falcon is just... so cool, especially compared to the 616 one (although FalCap has been an improvement).
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Winter Soldier made Cap. After the Avengers, people weren't feeling him as much.

From the boat fight onward, people had a major turn around on the character. So much it even got reflected in Age of Ultron.

The show wasn't stolen because it was Cap that got elevated.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Winter Soldier made Cap. After the Avengers, people weren't feeling him as much.

From the boat fight onward, people had a major turn around on the character. So much it even got reflected in Age of Ultron.

Hard to be taken 100% seriously when dressed like this

That is like... the only missed costume in the MCU....

Then the boyscout shows up in Winter Soldier, brutally takes out of boat of mercs by himself dressed in an epic ass costume... and everyone be like DAAAAAAAAAMN

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What are these thibgs?> like Beanie Babies or something?
    Yes, originally a Disney Japan exclusive until it got so popular it came over to 'merica.

Black Panther is part of a upcoming set

Because they made him out the be kind of a petty jerk and never showed WHY he was the one leading the team. Whedon did a horrible job with Cap in Avengers. I know some stuff was cut, but even with those scenes added Cap still comes across like a insecure meat head.

Speaking of which, I hope Falcon doesn't get "lost" in Civil War. I think he very well could. MCU Falcon is just... so cool, especially compared to the 616 one (although FalCap has been an improvement).
    WHO?/ Korath.
    Lol, man he's already bringing up the rear 2 months before this thing opens- and that's just in terms of what might take place with the other 2 brothas in CW.
    Rudd is going to bring the funny so Falc is going to have to bring a Billy Dee level of cool (pick your most convincing decade and/or movie Mackie can pull off) in CW to not get 'overlooked'.

I agree though, he is an improvement on the 616 Falcon, which is just not as heralded as with his other black male cape counterparts. Hell, Bill Foster and Black Lighting are 'ahead' of 616 Falc in terms of cool. Which is great really cause he's just Falcon and has been for the last 40 years (FalcCap not withstanding).
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

According to Mackie his character is still gonna have jokes. He's pretty much going to act as the guy who points out how absurd a lot of the things they do are.

Winter Soldier is my favorite marvel movie can't wait for Civil War, but if I'm being honest I didn't really like the first Captain America movie some parts felt cheesy and out of place historically. I know its a movie and I tried to overlook it but I couldn't. It wasn't as bad as say the first Thor movie (which even the great acting from Loki, Heimdal and Odin couldn't save).

But Winter Soldier was just a great film. Cap was a badass, Widow got some of her best portrayals ever we saw Falcon, we got more insight into Fury. Great villains. Just great all around. I honestly think Cap and Widow are handled far more favorably in those movies than the Avengers ones.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    According to Mackie his character is still gonna have jokes. He's pretty much going to act as the guy who points out how absurd a lot of the things they do are.
    I think Mackie showed in WS that he can do A LOT with the little time he gets on screen. Dude has charisma

Still confused why they chose WM to show up in AoU at the end and not Falcon (who has much more potential at this point, WM kinda fell flat). Or both I guess....

I think Mackie showed in WS that he can do A LOT with the little time he gets on screen. Dude has charisma

Still confused why they chose WM to show up in AoU at the end and not Falcon (who has much more potential at this point, WM kinda fell flat). Or both I guess....
    Falcon was hunting down Winter Soldier at the time. War Machine was at the after party when Ultron showed up. Also given the threat they were dealing with War Machine was more effective than Falcon could have been. What exactly was Falcon gonna do to protect life rafts being attacked by Ultron drones?

I also think they were making up for the fact that it was outright stupid for War Machine not for be so much as mentioned during the Avengers.

Of course even with War Machine being used in Age of Ultron they still had to show that both Tony and Vision were more effective than him.

What exactly was Falcon gonna do to protect life rafts being attacked by Ultron drones?
    Shoot them?

Shoot them?
    With what, the weapons he had in TWS? Keep in mind there were multiple Ultron drones attacking the life rafts.

With what, the weapons he had in TWS? Keep in mind there were multiple Ultron drones attacking the life rafts.
    I'm sure he could of helped in the same way Black widow and Hawkeye helped out. He could of swooped in and saved people like Quicksilver etc.
    The J-man

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Hard to be taken 100% seriously when dressed like this

That is like... the only missed costume in the MCU....

Then the boyscout shows up in Winter Soldier, brutally takes out of boat of mercs by himself dressed in an epic ass costume... and everyone be like DAAAAAAAAAMN
    Lol its still relatively new but its already starting to look dated.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Lol its still relatively new but its already starting to look dated.
    happens fast theese days

when was the last time you watched IM2? the war machine/iron man fight looks ooooooooooooooooooooooooooold