Page 14 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824641145141014 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I would disagree. I felt Jamie Foxx did a fantastic job of trying to add depth and motive to a very poorly crafted (by the writers) character. He connected the giant leap in character beats as well he could, but ultimately it lacked the inner turmoil that Foxx deserved (and conveyed as best he could without the script). Visually he was very cool, I just wanted them to really let him loose with a complex character.
    I mostly agree with you. Foxx was solid for what he had to work with, which wasn't much. The thing is they had a few strong bits that if they had been expanded on could have made Dillon a sympathetic villain without making him such a sap.

This is a guy whose greatest creation was "appropriated" by a multibillion dollar company and received zero credit or compensation for what his ideas produced. That right there would have been enough to drive Dillon to take extreme action to get back what he felt was rightfully his.

And while we're at it, let's say Oscorp stole Doc Ock's and The Vulture's technology as well.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 05-05-2014 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Just saw Amazing Spider Man 2.

Y'know I had actually forgotten what it was like to sit thru a bad super hero movie.

I actually feel bad for Jamie Foxx that he was in that thing.
    I keep flip flopping between seeing it or Godzilla. I waited until the first ASM came on Starz, and I thought it was okay, not the worst movie in the world, but okay. I think I'll see godzilla and maleficent then guardians in august.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

I checked the first one out from the library. It was better than I expected. The second ASM looks too cartoony to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I mostly agree with you. Foxx was solid for what he had to work with, which wasn't much. The thing is they had a few strong bits that if they had been expanded on could have made Dillon a sympathetic villain without making him such a sap.

This is a guy whose greatest creation was "appropriated" by a multibillion dollar company and received zero credit or compensation for what his ideas produced. That right there would have been enough to drive Dillon to take extreme action to get back what he felt was rightfully his.

And while we're at it, let's say Oscorp stole Doc Ock's a
    nd The Vulture's technology as well.
    That was what I was thinking. You don't need Jamie Foxx to play a Rupert Pumpkin like loser to give him motivation.

They stole his invntion and covered up his accident/death on top of that. That is all the motive he needs right there.

You also didn't need to shoehorn franchise arch villain Green Goblin into the final reel of the film only to get beat down by Spidey.

The movie has the chemistry between the three leads working for it already. Why are you rushing Dehan into the Goblin suit so quickly?

Especially THAT Goblin suit.

Norman Osborn managed to live until 60 more or less, but Harry gonna keel over any minute? They should have saved Harry's decent into desperation and madness for the 3rd movie.

I was amazed at how bad this movie is.

For all of the complaining about Rami's SM3, this was way, way worse. At least Dark Peter
    was meant to be funny.

What was the point of Jamie Foxx talking to a Spider Man cutout?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    What I learned: I gotta get one of those card swipey plug into your phone thingies. Missed 2 or 3 sales without one.
    I think if you deal directly with Square, they provide the card reader for free.

Just followed your link. Book looks really cool. I will have to order one, too.

I've gotta ask: why do people use the "*insert minority* don't watch/read/play *insert medium or genre*, so that's why there's no use to 'pander to them'" excuse?

It's been refuted outright in certain media (video games, film/tv), and is straight up shooting other media in the foot (prose, comics), as if these creators don't want more sales.

Nothing about this argument is logical, so why is it still used?

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Has any1 md a MILESTONE MEDIA THRD in d DC forums?

If nt can sum1 plz mk 1.
    Right now it's linked up with Vertigo and other imprints. I'm not sure if there's a prohibition on giving each individual imprint its own thread-- I can't think of a good reason why there would be-- but it seems like moderators are pushing for consolidation at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Right now it's linked up with Vertigo and other imprints. I'm not sure if there's a prohibition on giving each individual imprint its own thread-- I can't think of a good reason why there would be-- but it seems like moderators are pushing for consolidation at the moment.
    Well since I made that thread, I just want to say that I lumped all the imprints in one thread on my own. Before the reboot ABC and Wildstorm works were discussed in the Vertigo board so I thought it made sense to put them in the same thread.

I can see a reason giving Milestone and Wildstorm their own threads (though I'm not sure how much traffic they'll get since neither imprint doesn't exists anymore) and if anyone wants to make them, feel free to do so. I'll just remove them from the current thread's OP.
    BB

All-New Member

There needs to be more asians!

BANNED

Thnx 4 d respnses Billy Batson & Fanboy Stranger.

We/SZ askd bcuz d thrd will b d 2-go-2 plc 2 discuss & apprciate those xcters.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufyson View Post
    Agrd...Asian males esp.

Way 2 much whyt boy asiafelia fetish.

Wud luv sum mo Amadeus Cho & he wud mk a brilliant additn 2 Ewing's MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I've gotta ask: why do people use the "*insert minority* don't watch/read/play *insert medium or genre*, so that's why there's no use to 'pander to them'" excuse?

It's been refuted outright in certain media (video games, film/tv), and is straight up shooting other media in the foot (prose, comics), as if these creators don't want more sales.

It goes hand in hand with the common assumption that geeky things are too obscure/uncool for anyone but white men to enjoy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    I don't think you can imbed videos outside of the TV Forums anymore.
    I've seen videos in the Lois&Clark appreciation thread in the Superman forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Damn...dat bad, huh?!

We/SZ thought itmyt b gd with David Belle in it.SIGH!

OH well, thnx.

Hmm,...d lady in ur sign is familiar, isnt she d she who does fytt vidz with kwonkicker & narayana cabral?

Toby Maguire is d only true Spiderman we/SZ luv & respect. PERIOD!

We/SZ aint gonna bothr with dis amazing nonsense.
    Darn, I was hoping the board reboot would somehow fix your typing...

BANNED

It's a lie that is easier to swollow then the truth and realizing how much money is being passed over

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Laufyson View Post
    with a romantic interest.

BANNED

It often comes across as a projection on behalf of the person saying it. As a means of justifying their own desire to keep certain things minority free.