Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Oh, ok. I guess the got the rights secured again
    I think an agreement was reached to where Marvel can use it and the folks who own the name can for their product.

Also I'm loving that folks got their wish with Miles/Kamala/Sam aren't on the Avengers anymore but The Champions is a name they can't use that either, folks really can't come out and say "I just don't want them published in anything"
    They have been screaming that in all of the anti-ANAD Marvel threads.

AND I hope someone will compare how well that Avengers books did with them versus without them. Folks will always scream I can't read the book with blank in it and yet sales never go up after black is removed.

Ultimate Member

Hell, Marvel announces white characters in new books, some fans will their sh*t if the comic is too lighthearted.
    All that is entitlement from when Marvel & Dc pandered to them. DC is still doing it and Marvel is trying to not to.

Hate for minorities
    Hate for Inhumans
    Hate for lighthearted fun

And people wonder why folks have the opinion of comic book fans are like that guy on the Simpsons.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    What the legal issues with the champions?
    Marvel hadn't done anything with the title since the original champions got cancelled (after a 15 issue run) in the mid 70's

A role playing game company (that later became HERO Games) took up the name for its superhero role playing game in 1981. Marvel tried to sue and lost.

So Marvel lost the use of the name and could only refer to the team as the "Champions of Los Angeles" and only in flashback.

Looks like Disney/Marvel cut a deal with Hero.

PS: the dudes complaining about the use of the Champions name are using the oldest bit in recieved nerd wisdom:that the original Champons was an awful book so this book is tainted by association.

But....

A) So what? Who cares about a completely different concept maybe being bad 30 years ago?

B) If they were bringing back the original Champs(hated or no), those same nerds would be celebrating that Marvel got the name back.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

A) So what? Who cares about a completely different concept maybe being bad 30 years ago?

B) If they were bringing back the original Champs(hated or no), those same nerds would be celebrating that Marvel got the name back.
    Pretty much and it's funny to see the same complaints that were once reserved for minorities is now spreading to other properties.

Invincible Member

People might be getting tired of Azealia Banks but I saw this on facebook, her views on skin bleaching http://www.refinery29.com/2016/07/11...ng-controversy

And her sorta endorsing Trump
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...rump-president

Apparently Mike Tyson also endorsed trump....must be the blows to the head

BANNED

Marvel hadn't done anything with the title since the original champions got cancelled (after a 15 issue run) in the mid 70's

A role playing game company (that later became HERO Games) took up the name for its superhero role playing game in 1981. Marvel tried to sue and lost.

So Marvel lost the use of the name and could only refer to the team as the "Champions of Los Angeles" and only in flashback.

Looks like Disney/Marvel cut a deal with Hero.

PS: the dudes complaining about the use of the Champions name are using the oldest bit in recieved nerd wisdom:that the original Champons was an awful book so this book is tainted by association.

But....

And swore up and down they loved New Warriors until Marvel brought that name back and then it was a crappy 90's team that should have stayed in the 90's to how dare no one buy it after it got canceled to why can't these damn name stealers use the New Warriors name since that is a better name.

I hope this comic makes Squirrel Girl money so they can stay mad

Speaking of Champions, I wish Marvel would bring back The Order.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I hope this comic makes Squirrel Girl money so they can stay mad

So already does. You must be doing something right when your trade was a New York Times best seller list member.

And swore up and down they loved New Warriors until Marvel brought that name back and then it was a crappy 90's team that should have stayed in the 90's to how dare no one buy it after it got canceled to why can't these damn name stealers use the New Warriors name since that is a better name.
    Those are folks who never read New Warriors.

A book that almost had a second companion book (slated for after Warriors 50)

Night Trasher had a book and almost a tv show

So they weren't too bad if not for Marvel's money issues at the time.

4 ongoings

1 mini

NT ongoing & mini

Nova ongoing

Justice mini

I say they were better than the 90s Teen Titans.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Apparently Mike Tyson also endorsed trump....must be the blows to the head
    Yeah, but Azealia is different than any other say black/minority conservative or celebrity endorsing Trump.

Banks goes out of her way to accuse other artists of cultural appropriation even to the point of accusing Beyonce of appropriating the struggles of darker skinned women. She has no problem calling out racism and white supremacy...yet, she's bleaching her skin and endorsing someone who's the living embodiment of privileged white male.

Yeah, but Azealia is different than any other say black/minority conservative or celebrity endorsing Trump.

Banks goes out of her way to accuse other artists of cultural appropriation even to the point of accusing Beyonce of appropriating the struggles of darker skinned women. She has no problem calling out racism and white supremacy...yet, she's bleaching her skin and endorsing someone who's the living embodiment of privileged white male.
    She is confused and broken.. White Supremacy does that to alot of us..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So already does. You must be doing something right when your trade was a New York Times best seller list member.

Those are folks who never read New Warriors.

A book that almost had a second companion book (slated for after Warriors 50)

Night Trasher had a book and almost a tv show

So they weren't too bad if not for Marvel's money issues at the time.

4 ongoings

1 mini

NT ongoing & mini

Nova ongoing

Justice mini

I say they were better than the 90s Teen Titans.

True but you know folks wanna play selective memory when it comes to certain topics

New Warriors always sucked, Sam ain't my Nova, Miles is a carbon copy of Peter and steals from his essence, and Kamala is a PC stunt and a Asian Hulk equals eeewwww

I'm bathing in their tears

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    She is confused and broken.. White Supremacy does that to alot of us..
    This. With her it's become a cycle of; do/say something stupid/crazy - half-assedly apologize for it - rinse and repeat. I heard she defended that guy who raped Kesha too.

I feel pretty sure Azealia has some sort of mood disorder.

I find it strange that some over in the Champions thread are crapping on the name itself. Don't get how it's any worse than all the other superhero group names out there...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store