Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't know. I'm not wild about the cover but with the updated comment, I sort of see his side. promises were made as to who he'd answer to and were broken.
    That's not on Rucka then. That's on the editor who made him promises.

Further these aren't for an art exhibition, they are for a commercial product. DC clearly sided with Rucka (according to Cho) in determining how they want their properties represented. Cho doesn't get to make that determination.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Rucka looks to have as much pull in the Wonder Woman office as Johns had in the Green Lantern office pre-promotion.

So what he says goes for the most part.

Cho, isn't the regular artist just the special cover artist so if Editorial is gonna side with somebody in this kind of dispute, they are gonna pick
    the returning star writer everytime.

And it is way over the top to call cropping censorship. In commercial art client the gets a say in determining how the final product looks. It's not like they
    asked him to redraw everything either.

Frank Cho gives more info on his leaving Wonder Woman

http://www.themarysue.com/frank-cho-wonder-woman/
    It's was a bad idea to have Cho & Rucka work together in the 1st place.. Hopefully Cho come back to Hulk now or Avengers books I want to read.. Maybe he get him on US Avengers (they will NEED the sales boost and Sunspot would be drawn Afrikaan again..

I don't know. I'm not wild about the cover but with the updated comment, I sort of see his side. promises were made as to who he'd answer to and were broken.
    This......

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    - I wasn't aware of the "fits" that were thrown, so I...apologize? I was reading the book from the start, and with the sales numbers being what they were, I thought it was a popular launch of a new character.

- CM Punk is possibly the biggest celebrity that Marvel's ever landed as a writer, so there's name recognition that few outsiders have. Also, how's that book selling these days, lol? Unproven comics writers have a huge hurdle to overcome with comics readers.

- That thing I just said about knuckleheads? Yeah, I can't speak for people buying all of Bendis' stuff, either.
    CM Punk's book is doing badly.

If you don't pay attention to WWE or Ultimate fighting-most folks don't know who he is.

I just know Mr Coates of Black Panther got his skills questioned. And a ton more folks know who he is than Punk.

I know a black writer gets questioned but white guys can waltz in with no experience and get gigs with no question.

Yes they face a battle but at least they GET to battle at Marvel or DC.

The argument is don't tell blacks they need experience when others are not held to that standard.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    And it is way over the top to call cropping censorship. In commercial art client the gets a say in determining how the final product looks. It's not like they
    I think folks understand that.

I think the thing is who is suppose to have finally say? Greg or DC editors? That needs to be made clear.

So now we got Static Shock Rebirth here.

I don't blame Cho for leaving. Not when you have bigger and better opportunities elsewhere. Ask Khary Randolph. His version of Duke certainly got axed outside of We Are Robin and he was left off the trade credits.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    Understand the tone of someone's response to you before getting all butthurt about it, lol.

I was simply giving you a different perspective from your own blinkered view regarding why this Mosaic book announcement may not be catching on. You obviously believe people have some kind of obligation to "put their money where their mouth is" and "have to buy" every new character that comes along, as if everybody's got tons of dough to blow on comics. Most don't, and consider the reasons I gave as legitimate deterrents to forking over their hard-earned funds.

Your point still stands, if you think it does. Feel good about that, if you like.
    You can claimed I'm butthurt all you want, but my statements still stands, and once again you're not understanding the full extent of my stance and instead just appears to be wanting to argue.

If you don't have the capability or willingness to support new characters that comes across, than state the idea of "well why don't they make new characters." is asinine because you're the product as to why they don't create new characters. So yes, if you're making that statement "well why don't they just make new characters", you do have an obligation to "put your money where your mouth is." Because you making such statements and then not supporting new characters that does come out makes you a hypocrite who only wants to place minority characters in books that you are well aware have a huge tendency to fail.

Of course this doesn't apply to those who never made such comments. I never once referred to all readers need to try new characters, only the ones who have had a problem with the way minority characters are being introduced as legacy characters instead of new characters.
    Last edited by leo619; 07-15-2016 at 02:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    That's not on Rucka then. That's on the editor who made him promises.

Further these aren't for an art exhibition, they are for a commercial product. DC clearly sided with Rucka (according to Cho) in determining how they want their properties represented. Cho doesn't get to make that determination.
    It's less that DC has sided with Rucka and more that Cho doesn't have a leg to stand on. Rucka has editorial control, including over variant covers written into his contract.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Rucka looks to have as much pull in the Wonder Woman office as Johns had in the Green Lantern office pre-promotion.

So what he says goes for the most part.

Cho, isn't the regular artist just the special cover artist so if Editorial is gonna side with somebody in this kind of dispute, they are gonna pick
    the returning star writer everytime.

That crop is for the 3rd cover tho. He left after the 6th so I'm thinking this was an ongoing thing altering his artwork, which for a variant covers does seem a bit strange, the covers weren't overly sexual if at all. DC knew what they were getting with Cho in fact hired him for that reason.

That's on editorial then for not thinking this through. From what Cho says it sounds like he knew from the beginning Rucka wouldn't be a fan of his work, but was told he wouldn't have to answer to Rucka. DC never should have put two polar opposites on the same title like that and I'm guessing Cho wouldn't have taken the gig had he known he'd be answerable to Rucka.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That's on editorial then for not thinking this through. From what Cho says it sounds like he knew from the beginning Rucka wouldn't be a fan of his work, but was told he wouldn't have to answer to Rucka. DC never should have put two polar opposites on the same title like that and I'm guessing Cho wouldn't have taken the gig had he known he'd be answerable to Rucka.
    I am sure David Walker, John Rozumm George Perez, Rob Liefield & Gail Simone will agree.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

For better or worse Cho has that rep. Rucka was responding to it. THe problem is putting these two together and believing or not seeing what each other's feelings were. It seems like Rucka had a bone to pick. Not saying that he's wrong or right even.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    For better or worse Cho has that rep. Rucka was responding to it. THe problem is putting these two together and believing or not seeing what each other's feelings were. It seems like Rucka had a bone to pick. Not saying that he's wrong or right even.
    Yeah, putting Cho and Rucka together wasn't a good idea, even if he was only doing variant covers.

Speaking of, they had a good discussion here.
    http://comicsalliance.com/marvel-now-2016-roundtable/

When discussing diverse heroes the thing they came down to was that the company needs to have an investment in pushing them even when they don't immediately do well, which is something not a lot of minority characters.