Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This teaser is more pandering by the SJW's ( joking)

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I spent today talking with some friends of mine. One of my friends, lets call him Joel, is a black Jew and I asked him for his perspective on Black Lives Matter. What he said was that a movement like them is needed but he cannot support BLM. We were specifically talking about BLM Toronto btw. He said he cannot support them due to the large amounts of casual anti-Semitism he has seen. He mentioned that while there is a lot of unconscious racism he has encountered among Jews, he also said that most Jews he calls out on this do decide they need to change their way of thinking. He said that when he talked to people with BLM Toronto, they were friendly until they found out he is Jewish and then viewed him with suspicion. He told me how some members said blatantly anti-Semitic things while in conversation then told him it was to "test his blackness", his exact words. he said he wishes he could support the movement, but the anti-Semitism is keeping him away
    I agree that it's a problem that needs to be addressed. I think this comes in part from fear of "diluting the message", but ultimately I think it's a mistake. In the 1950s/60s American civil rights movement there were issues with women being sidelined and the complete burial of LGBT issues, despite the fact that the tactics used were largely adapted and honed by Bayard Rustin (I've talked about him at length before, google him). Civil Rights groups need to work as allies which means being as inclusive as possible.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Man, that was right on time. Most anticipated show of the year for me, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by VOLTRON View Post
    Re the Charles Kinsey shooting, a police union head says Kinsey was shot by mistake.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charles-...er-by-mistake/
    John Rivera, president of the Police Benevolent Association in Dade County, told reporters Thursday that the officer who fired thought Kinsey's life was in danger.

"It appeared to the officers that the white male was trying to do harm to Mr. Kinsey," Rivera said. "In fearing for Mr. Kinsey's life, the officer discharged his firearm trying to save Mr. Kinsey's life and he missed."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...nsey-i-n614766
    A new wrinkle, 'fearing for the life of the shooting victim'... predicating him being shot. F me man, so you can't even count that assholes will even asses a situation correctly because of a black man's mere presence? How did the poor bastard with the fire truck not get shot then? The statement the police union should have made was that 'it is fortunate that Mr. Kinsey may only limp for the rest of his life and not have been accidentally killed.'

Now there is the story of the 2nd grade teacher being slammed and cuffed after a traffic stop coming out.

Police commanders looked into the incident after it happened and ordered the officer receive more training and counseling, the chief said.

Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg has asked police to conduct a criminal investigation.

The chief said he has also ordered investigators to look into Officer Richter's actions since the incident.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/na...-investigation
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

A new wrinkle, 'fearing for the life of the shooting victim'... predicating him being shot. F me man, so you can't even count that assholes will even asses a situation correctly because of a black man's mere presence? How did the poor bastard with the fire truck not get shot then? The statement the police union should have made was that 'it is fortunate that Mr. Kinsey may only limp for the rest of his life and not have been accidentally killed.'
    Is it customary for Cops to handcuff crime victims too?

I guess its a good thing they only "feared for his life".

Had they been any more concerned, they'd of shot the poor bastard full of holes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Is it customary for Cops to handcuff crime victims too?

I guess its a good thing they only "feared for his life".

Had they been any more concerned, they'd of shot the poor bastard full of holes.
    I believe yes. I'll have to ask some cops I know about it.

I do know after my cousin was shot and pretty much died behind the wheel of his truck-he got handcuffed in front of his brother.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by VOLTRON View Post
    Re the Charles Kinsey shooting, a police union head says Kinsey was shot by mistake.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charles-...er-by-mistake/
    The hell, how do you claim it's a mistake and then cuff him and leave him face first on the ground? That has to be one of the worst excuses I've seen. Any sort of common sense would throw that excuse out the window.

Astonishing Member

By the way Guys, I'll be at comic con all 4 days. I'm going to all the recordings on how to paint, how to draw, how to promote your business, create a community and etc. While you aren't allowed to take video. You can take pictures and voice recording. So I have voice recordings for the how to promote stuff already. If anyone's interested in the knowledge, let me know.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    By the way Guys, I'll be at comic con all 4 days. I'm going to all the recordings on how to paint, how to draw, how to promote your business, create a community and etc. While you aren't allowed to take video. You can take pictures and voice recording. So I have voice recordings for the how to promote stuff already. If anyone's interested in the knowledge, let me know.
    Well make sure you go to the Scout Comic table and ask them will Solarman get another printing. Because I am about this close form telling off their facebook page guy. They have been asked numerous times about reprints and have taken cheap shots at other companies (IDW & Dynamite) and insult comic book stores.

Saying they are to blame for not ordering the book and I told them my store never saw the book listed on diamond and that stores supports ALL INDIE BOOKS to where they will stock them even if nobody buys them.

I spent today talking with some friends of mine. One of my friends, lets call him Joel, is a black Jew and I asked him for his perspective on Black Lives Matter. What he said was that a movement like them is needed but he cannot support BLM. We were specifically talking about BLM Toronto btw. He said he cannot support them due to the large amounts of casual anti-Semitism he has seen. He mentioned that while there is a lot of unconscious racism he has encountered among Jews, he also said that most Jews he calls out on this do decide they need to change their way of thinking. He said that when he talked to people with BLM Toronto, they were friendly until they found out he is Jewish and then viewed him with suspicion. He told me how some members said blatantly anti-Semitic things while in conversation then told him it was to "test his blackness", his exact words. he said he wishes he could support the movement, but the anti-Semitism is keeping him away
    What do you consider to be the roots of current anti-Semitism from modern blacks?

In the Civil Rights era a lot of inner city blacks had negative views of Jews because of landlord-tenant conflicts.

I don't know if the same power dynamics apply today. I have seen a few examples of modern black individuals whose Islamic affiliations prejudiced them against Jewish culture (i.e., not just Zionism).

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    What do you consider to be the roots of current anti-Semitism from modern blacks?

In the Civil Rights era a lot of inner city blacks had negative views of Jews because of landlord-tenant conflicts.

I don't know if the same power dynamics apply today. I have seen a few examples of modern black individuals whose Islamic affiliations prejudiced them against Jewish culture (i.e., not just Zionism).
    To be honest, I'm not sure, There are many explanations but some contradictory

Look who is debuting in Injustice 2

Ultimate Member

Somewhere in private and and friends at DC want Milestone up and running ASAP because Marvel is just clowning them.

They finally got a female writer on a LOL Black Panther Spin off book.

So while Cyborg remains a joke to the point no one wants to read the book-Marvel is at least trying to be diverse (at least in books).

So am I correct in saying this is indeed the first time a black woman has ever written for Marvel?

Look who is debuting in Injustice 2
    Great to see spoilers:
    Jaime Reyes made it
    end of spoilers

Good news for you Robbie Reyes fans, he's going to be the ghost rider appearing on season 4 of Agents of Shield. I wonder how they'll play this one, will they go full on supernatural, psuedo-science mumbo jumbo, or take the easy way out and make him an inhuman.