Page 16 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026661165161016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I will say this. I think the issue is his storyline could have been done better if they used Cardiac. He was the villain who turned to vengeance after a cure for his father (or brother) was withheld by a big company.

You would have had a villain that you could feel sorry for and I think would produce better toys.
    Agrd!

Cardiac was a medical doctor, has a mo relatable stry & more imprtantly....latr BCUMS A SUPAHERO.

Foxx totally missd-out on dat. BIG TYM!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    ............It's Electro.
    Boogie woogie woogie!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    boogie woogie woogie!!
    hahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I will say this. I think the issue is his storyline could have been done better if they used Cardiac. He was the villain who turned to vengeance after a cure for his father (or brother) was withheld by a big company.

You would have had a villain that you could feel sorry for and I think would produce better toys.
    Quoted because I have been saying this ever since Foxx was cast as Electro. I have said that Foxx should have played either Cardiac or Prowler. Both of those characters are heroes/antiheroes. Sony missed the golden opportunity to use actual black heroic characters that they could have used and made them more widely known to the general public. They could have also added newheroes to the Spidey franchise in order to do their own superhero team movie. So instead of doing a Sinister Six movie (which I think is a huge mistake), they could be doing a superhero movie with the following heroic and antihero characters from the Spider-Man comics.

Cardiac
    Prowler
    Rocket Racer (but revamped)
    Puma
    Solo
    Silver Sable and her Wild Pack
    Black Cat
    Jackpot

Of course, that won't happen because (a) half of the team is non white and (b) it would make too much sense.

Nothing about putting Solo in a movie makes sense.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Foxx as Cardiac I can see. Little old for Prowler, IMO.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Looks like Paul Mooney has stirred up some controversy for calling another black man the N-word while performing on the ARSENIO HALL SHOW.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/05/paul-m...member-taping/

Anyone who has followed Mooney's career as a comic, knows that he always throws around the N-word in his shows. He is not a PC comic. So too complain about him using the N-word on Hall's show is just stupid. As for him rambling on about politics, this is a legitimate complaint that I have heard from someone who went to one of Mooney's shows a few years ago when he was performing in NYC. My friend heckled him for rambling about politics and Mooney got pissed and started dissing my friend and saying that my friend doesn't know crap since he is not black. Mooney didn't realize that my friend (who is very light skinned) is half Dominican and half Puerto Rican, which makes him black).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Nothing about putting Solo in a movie makes sense.
    He's a Spidey character, and thus could and should be used in the Spidey movies. He could be hunting down the Chameleon (who is an international terrorist/spy).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King Of All Nerds View Post
    You picked up Rai I hope.
    I forgot.

but quite possibly its not my fault. they just announced on CNN that the sports energy drink POWERADE, has a flame retardant chemical in it--that makes you forget things..I think I will join the class action suit when they.....they..what was I talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    Looks like Paul Mooney has stirred up some controversy for calling another black man the N-word while performing on the ARSENIO HALL SHOW.

Anyone who has followed Mooney's career as a comic, knows that he always throws around the N-word in his shows. He is not a PC comic. So too complain about him using the N-word on Hall's show is just stupid. As for him rambling on about politics, this is a legitimate complaint that I have heard from someone who went to one of Mooney's shows a few years ago when he was performing in NYC. My friend heckled him for rambling about politics and Mooney got pissed and started dissing my friend and saying that my friend doesn't know crap since he is not black. Mooney didn't realize that my friend (who is very light skinned) is half Dominican and half Puerto Rican, which makes him black).
    I take it you didn't actually watch the vid attached.

If anything it seems like Mooney was on some kind of medication. His timing was just completely off compared to when he usually does stand up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post

Is he on medication or have a stroke or something? He is off from his normal self

Also you heckle a comedian and you you're asking for trouble

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Damn...dat bad, huh?!

We/SZ thought itmyt b gd with David Belle in it.SIGH!

OH well, thnx.

Hmm,...d lady in ur sign is familiar, isnt she d she who does fytt vidz with kwonkicker & narayana cabral?

Toby Maguire is d only true Spiderman we/SZ luv & respect. PERIOD!

We/SZ aint gonna bothr with dis amazing nonsense.

There is no reason to have Belle in this movie other then to get fans of the original to watch this. He couldn't do anything when near Paul Walker as they had to slow down or faux-parkor for him( most of his stunts involve him near or in a car cause you know ).

And yes that is her from their vids

Also Toby wasn't a great Spider-Man, he was good at being Peter Parker but when that suit was on he became bland guy in a spider suit, Garfield at least gets the difference of Parker/Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Is he on medication or have a stroke or something? He is off from his normal self
    I'm assuming he was on pain meds related to whatever required him to have that cane and that thing on his leg. He absolutely wasn't himself though.

BANNED

this link is worth the read

The Other Side of Privilege at Princeton
    When I read Tal Fortgang’s article in The Princeton Tory (a publication that is bankrolled by a wealthy non-profit dedicated to grooming young Conservative leaders), where he now famously stated that he has no need to apologize for having privilege as a White male, I wasn’t surprised. However, after seeing him on Fox and reading his article republished by Time, I, like the rest of the Black community at Princeton, started to grow more incensed. As a graduating senior who has been at this institution longer than he has, I’ve grown tired of being afraid as a Black woman to talk about privilege within this ivy-covered bubble and have decided to respond.

When talking about privilege, or lack thereof, one must persistently be aware that there is a huge difference between the individual and the collective. I learned this distinction the hard way. Two years ago, I was accepted as an opinion writer for The Daily Princetonian. At the time, I was the only Black woman on staff. In my first opinion article, I argued that Princeton University’s creative writing programs should change its selective, application-only admissions to a more inclusive open enrollment that welcomed all interested students. The first comment on my piece was submitted by an anonymous individual who said that I should’ve been rejected from Princeton because the university doesn’t need any more “whiny Black girls.” It took the moderator several hours to delete the comment even though my supporters bombarded him with emails about the vitriol. My picture was not next to my article, only my name. Not once did I mention race or gender in the article. Yet, for the offense of expressing my opinions on a subject, my racial and gender identity were ridiculed. It was then that I realized that while I may be an individual, I am a part of a larger social category—Black women. Because of this identity, some of my peers believe that I don’t belong and refuse to listen to my voice.

There are unique challenges that come with being a Black woman on any predominately White college campus, but Princeton’s environment makes the experience particularly distinctive. I have to make sure I never raise my voice too loudly in precept (smaller meetings of lecture classes) when talking about race in order to not upset white classmates. In fact, according to a Wharton study, university professors favor white males over women and/or minorities for mentoring. If I speak with passion in my voice, the person to whom I’m speaking may snap his fingers, roll his neck around, and say in a exaggerated, stereotypical tone, “Na-uh girlfriend!” We have to rationalize when we have campaigns like “I, Too, Am Princeton” because our own roommates don’t believe that these projects are necessary because racism doesn’t exist on campus. Telling a Black student to know his or her place is common here. I would be remiss if I did not mention the few Black male students who are constantly interrogated by campus security for being in the mathematics building after hours when they are members of the department. It’s not easy being Black here. Ask First Lady Michelle Obama, who did not come back for her 25th year reunion---something a number of graduates like us opt out of.

[...]

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    I forgot.

but quite possibly its not my fault. they just announced on CNN that the sports energy drink POWERADE, has a flame retardant chemical in it--that makes you forget things..I think I will join the class action suit when they.....they..what was I talking about?
    I just drink alcohol to forget.

But yeah, pick that Rai up. It may have kinda renewed my interest in Valiant.