Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

So apparently there's going to be an all-female version of Ocean's 11, with Rihanna, Mindy Kaling and others reportedly going to star in it. Does this mean it's going to be even more months of man-baby whining like the reaction to the all-female ghostbusters?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    So apparently there's going to be an all-female version of Ocean's 11, with Rihanna, Mindy Kaling and others reportedly going to star in it. Does this mean it's going to be even more months of man-baby whining like the reaction to the all-female ghostbusters?
    I'm not really sure that's the appropriate level of star power. Oceans 11 was populated mostly by new Hollywood royalty. Mindy his popular but she's not Clooney/Pitt/Damon/Roberts popular.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if anybody cares enough about Oceans 11 movies to pitch a fit?

They made their share of money, God knows but its not like those flicks were made the impact on the cultural consiousness that Ghostbusters did.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'm not really sure that's the appropriate level of star power. Oceans 11 was populated mostly by new Hollywood royalty. Mindy his popular but she's not Clooney/Pitt/Damon/Roberts popular.
    That too.

You'd need Angelina Jolie, G. Patrow and J. Law to get comparable buzz.

Frankly I'm mildly surprised that Angeling Jolie has nothing to do with this project.

"Harry Ocean but as a chick". is right up her alley.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 08-10-2016 at 01:41 PM.

BANNED

I never saw the original or the remake+sequels

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    SCTV did a parody of the original Frank Sinatra+Rat Pack movie: Maudlin's Eleven.

To say its dead on is underselling it.

You might as well watch the parody-Its funny as heck and you'll get the general idea of the thing in less time.

The sequels...hmm.

The Director and everybody involed was so invested in making the movies both and updated throwback to the Rat Pack and a playground for "cool" talent like Clooney, Pitt and Damon that the movies kinda forgot to have a plot that makes any sense.

Now you can say much the same for the Fast and Furious movies but they are faster paced and have a WAY more diverse cast so they have that going for them.

Those remake are like the Mission Impossible movies...they aren't bad...But...I forget nearly everything about them an half hour after I see them.

Ultimate Member

Same here.

But if Rhianna is the best black female you can get-it's not even worth going off.

Prince Fielder has retired due to health reasons and he CRIED during that press conference. Yet on yahoo-trolls are bashing the HELL out of him because he will still get his 28 million.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I was focusing on the minority women that are going to be in the cast, some of the white women they're planning on casting are Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter. And apparently it's going to be called "Ocean's 8".

I personally have never been interested in those movies but considering the reaction to the new Ghostbusters, I'm fully expecting more constant complaining from certain types of guys that totally doesn't have anything to do with the cast being all-female and partly non-white.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    SCTV did a parody of the original Frank Sinatra+Rat Pack movie: Maudlin's Eleven.

To say its dead on is underselling it.

You might as well watch the parody-Its funny as heck and you'll get the general idea of the thing in less time.

The sequels...hmm.

The Director and everybody involed was so invested in making the movies both and updated throwback to the Rat Pack and a playground for "cool" talent like Clooney, Pitt and Damon that the movies kinda forgot to have a plot that makes any sense.

Now you can say much the same for the Fast and Furious movies but they are faster paced and have a WAY more diverse cast so they have that going for them.

Those remake are like the Mission Impossible movies...they aren't bad...But...I forget nearly everything about them an half hour after I see them.

It's insane that the Fast movies use to be about street racing and is now basically a series of comic book movies. Dudes are parkouring with cars on roof tops, surving blows to the face with wrenches and coming back from the dead and etc

BANNED

I was focusing on the minority women that are going to be in the cast, some of the white women they're planning on casting are Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter. And apparently it's going to be called "Ocean's 8".

I personally have never been interested in those movies but considering the reaction to the new Ghostbusters, I'm fully expecting more constant complaining from certain types of guys that totally doesn't have anything to do with the cast being all-female and partly non-white.

A bit of the thing with Ghostbusters 2016 is they also egged on those knuckle draggers and courted the controversy, Fieg himself in every other interview was picking unnecessary fights. On the surface nobody involved needs to go that route and it's not like Oceans 11 is a sacred cow or else folks would have bitched about the Clooney version

A bit of the thing with Ghostbusters 2016 is they also egged on those knuckle draggers and courted the controversy, Fieg himself in every other interview was picking unnecessary fights. On the surface nobody involved needs to go that route and it's not like Oceans 11 is a sacred cow or else folks would have bitched about the Clooney version
    This is important to mention. They were hoping the controversy would help promote the movie and it backfired

Ah, I see. That cast sounds much more like what I would expect the "Oceans" formula to look like.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

When Nostalgia Critic did his review of Ghostbusters he pointed out how the internet made both sides of the argument look too extreme and there was no middle ground. The remake wasn't very good, but it'll only make the original look better.

Now that I think about it, what does the phrase "X ruined my childhood" mean anyway? The Transformers and Ninja Turtles movies were terrible, but I still love the franchises.

I can only imagine the fervor that will erupt when they remake Goonies, Back to the Future, and Raiders.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    When Nostalgia Critic did his review of Ghostbusters he pointed out how the internet made both sides of the argument look too extreme and there was no middle ground. The remake wasn't very good, but it'll only make the original look better.

Now that I think about it, what does the phrase "X ruined my childhood" mean anyway? The Transformers and Ninja Turtles movies were terrible, but I still love the franchises.

I can only imagine the fervor that will erupt when they remake Goonies, Back to the Future, and Raiders.
    You might get away with remaking Goonies even tho that movie is as 80's as
    you can get.

It was never as big of a deal as Back to the Future or Raiders. Its fans
    may be less protective of it.

Funny that they dont want to remake Gremlins.

That is an 80's movie where the idea of a remake doesn't make me point and laugh.

We might see gremlins down the road. The Police Academy remake is supposed to come out in 2018, so anything is possible.

Invincible Member

There might be "controversy" but it won't "raped my childhood" outrage. Remember even though it was a popcorn movie, it was a popcorn movie for A) slightly more mature folks and B) fans of sexiest men alive Clooney and Pitt. It was aimed at a different crowd. There might be "the feminist are taking over" outrage though.