Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The Batman we get at the beginning of BvS, is pretty pissed off and trumatized and for a legit reason.

By the end of the movie, he calmed down a quite a bit.

But I have to wonder: is Batfleck THAT much more murderous than Michael Keaton was in the first Batman movie?
    Depends if we count the fever-dream Injustice inspired killfest.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

But I have to wonder: is Batfleck THAT much more murderous than Michael Keaton was in the first Batman movie?
    I don't know, but I am sure that Keaton!Bats enjoyed the killing a lot more than Affleck!Bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Depends if we count the fever-dream Injustice inspired killfest.
    Seems unfair. Were they even fully human?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't know, but I am sure that Keaton!Bats enjoyed the killing a lot more than Affleck!Bats.

Seems unfair. Were they even fully human?
    The parademons probably not but I imagine the superman special forces were.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

The parademons probably not but I imagine the superman special forces were.
    More likely Anti-Life drones.
    Not sure it even took place on earth. There were Apokoliptian fire pits outside.

https://m.soundcloud.com/graphicpoli...c-policy-radio

Looks like both Natasha Irons and Traci 13 are making their returns in Superwoman as supporting characters. It also looks like Jaime Reyes will need to find himself a new girlfriend (or boyfriend lol) because Traci and Natasha are dating now.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The "Magical Negro" is a movie cliche where the film will introduce a black person solely for the purpose of solving the white protagonist's problems. The character is wise and non-threatening and often non-sexual. Sometime the character will have supernatural powers but not always. The "magical negro" usually will be the only black person in the film. These characters aren't offensive in the typical way, but subliminally re-enforce the idea that minorities in movies exist to serve white people.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicalNegro
    Looks very slave-ish/like.. I'll past..

Extraordinary Member

I'm not going to hate on Eddie or this movie cuz of course I haven't seen it, but the trailer makes it look like the return of "the magical negro"

Part of me hopes that Eddie has a romance or something with mom so that it's less of a typical trope
    I'm surpised that nobody here picked up on the fact the the guy who directed this (Bruce Beresford) also directed Driving Miss Daisy.

So, this movie is kinda exactly what you think it is.

Nothing against Beresford. Dude also directed Breaker Morant.

I'm not going to hate on Eddie or this movie cuz of course I haven't seen it, but the trailer makes it look like the return of "the magical negro"

Part of me hopes that Eddie has a romance or something with mom so that it's less of a typical trope
    I don't think I've seen an Eddie Murphy movie in the theater since ahhh, Metro or was it Beverly Hills Cop 3 (which I might have walked out on) and i'ts not for lack of trying. Looks like the streak continues.

Anybody seen how horrible Morgan Freeman's dreadlock wig looks in the new Ben Hur (shudders)?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I don't think I've seen an Eddie Murphy movie in the theater since ahhh, Metro or was it Beverly Hills Cop 3 (which I might have walked out on) and i'ts not for lack of trying. Looks like the streak continues.

Anybody seen how horrible Morgan Freeman's dreadlock wig looks in the new Ben Hur (shudders)?
    Eddie's upped his acting game quite a bit since then.

He might have been the best thing in Dreamgirls and he just missed out on an Oscar for it.

This movie hs "Oscar Bait" written all over it, so I guess Eddie's gonna try to make flicks for grown ups now.

Eddie's upped his acting game quite a bit since then.

He might have been the best thing in Dreamgirls and he just missed out on an Oscar for it.

This movie hs "Oscar Bait" written all over it, so I guess Eddie's gonna try to make flicks for grown ups now.
    Jimmy Early! Thankyou, I knew I was missing some role where damn near returned to form. I thought he was the funniest thing in Tower Heist too.

He had him an Oscar's so white moment back in 1992 I believe when he spoke out about the lack of roles in Hollywood during a hosting gig(?) if I remember.

Can't knock the hustle.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Anyone else watching "The Get Down"? It's sort of a mess, but I'm going to stick it out, I generally like the cast and the aesthetic.
    Yep...3 episodes in.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

http://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblo...mpuses-report/

A anti-Israel group decided a good course of action to do was to compile a list of Jews on American university campuses and gather information on them including their dorm info and distribute to their members.....because that isn't an attempt to harass or intimidate an entire group of people and isn't anti-Semitic in anyway of course.........

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I really don't get where all the bad press is coming from. SS did have a one note villain and a thin plot, but so did Deadpool and no one seemed to mind that. If Wade just revealed himself to Vanessa when they were walking down the street, the movie would have been over.

One thing I do like about the DCEU is that they're saying magic is magic. No pseudo-science Arthur C. Clarke quoting mumbo jumbo that Marvel's been doing since the first Thor movie came out. Maybe we'll see Zatanna, Deadman, and Doctor Fate eventually.
    Ditto on the magic biz. Will Marvel Studios decide that all of Doc Strange's mystic abilities are really just super-scientific plasma bolts?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblo...mpuses-report/

A anti-Israel group decided a good course of action to do was to compile a list of Jews on American university campuses and gather information on them including their dorm info and distribute to their members.....because that isn't an attempt to harass or intimidate an entire group of people and isn't anti-Semitic in anyway of course.........
    That's really crazy.