All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    My friend has been working on a comic with a Filipino lead character. he has been trying to sell it for 2 years now
    sounds interesting. i'd like to know more about it, there are so few east asian leads in comics but even fewer southeast asian leads i think

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm actually a little surprised that more hasn't been discussed about Baron Mordo being changed to a black man

There need to be more minority villains
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There need to be more minority villains
    If Black Manta shows up in Aquaman hopefully he can be done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If Black Manta shows up in Aquaman hopefully he can be done well.
    They better higher a great actor.

Because there is no way Mamoa is carrying that movie by himself.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That really doesn't make it any better.
    Disney was going to offend someone with what ever choice they made, as a business they chose the route that was most profitable.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 09-13-2016 at 05:24 AM. Reason: add quote
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I've also heard dubious things about Amber Heard's acting, though they've at least got William Dafoe as Vulko.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Ultimate Member

The DC fanboy will FIGHT to make that movie a hit just to annoy any Marvel fans who may pretend to care.

Remember we are talking fans that have attacked every other movie to justify Suicide Squad box office and that it was the greatest thing on the planet.

Mamoa will do just fine.

It will be the fans who will sour it for everybody.

I really don't understand the Suicide Squad backlash, yeah it had a one note villain and a paper thin plot, but so did deadpool and no one seemed to mind that.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I really don't understand the Suicide Squad backlash, yeah it had a one note villain and a paper thin plot, but so did deadpool and no one seemed to mind that.
    THis is like partly a rant that may not make sense but...I think it comes from..like the phenomenon we see with non readers. Not all of them but like the kind that doesn't REALLY respect or get the hype about comics being converted by Marvel movies and not really respecting and understanding that DC is the other half of the industry. That they don't have to be Marvel and that they have the right to exist. These are people that look at DC and just start screaming. Though it doesnt help that alot of DC's output has been not so great.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

I can see why it got poor reviews for sure from professional critics for sure. the villain was so, so, so bad and the editing was a disaster. Those flashbacks just halted the movie.

I don't understand some of the "fan" and audience backlash though. I think it helps clickbait websites to start the DC hate train. Anytime you mention how bad a DC movie is, it turns into a billino comments of pure fury. a billion clicks.

Extraordinary Member

The forums are a echo chambers that have nothing to do with the general consensus.

The forums thought that Avatar was a bomb.

The fourms loved Scott Pilgrim.

The vocal fandom has never has any grip on the general consensus. Consider how few ordinary peeps will ever set foot inside a comic
    store and you begin to see the issue.

Sucide Squad was a dumb movie but it was a fun dumb movie which was enough for anybody who wasn't a fanboy backing a company horse.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 09-14-2016 at 06:44 AM.

BANNED

I thought the forums loved Avatar but hated Scott Pilgrim

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The forums are a echo chambers that have nothing to do with the general consensus.

The forums thought that Avatar was a bomb.

The fourms loved Scott Pilgrim.

The vocal fandom has never has any grip on the general consensus. Consider how few ordinary peeps will ever set foot inside a comic

Sucide Squad was a dumb movie but it was a fun dumb movie which was enough for anybody who wasn't a fanboy backing a company horse.
    Yeah I do remember when both Pilgrim and Expendables dropped at the same time and a lot of ppl on here swore Pilgrim was gonna smash and Expendables would bomb. Didn't turn out that way at all.

Ultimate Member

I can see why it got poor reviews for sure from professional critics for sure. the villain was so, so, so bad and the editing was a disaster. Those flashbacks just halted the movie.

I don't understand some of the "fan" and audience backlash though. I think it helps clickbait websites to start the DC hate train. Anytime you mention how bad a DC movie is, it turns into a billino comments of pure fury. a billion clicks.
    There were folks encouraging guns being taken to movie theaters and USED during Captain America Civil War by lol DC fans the day SS came out.

Like somebody said it's not normal john sending death threats or troll Jordan, Leslie Jones & 90% of Marvel's writers.

deadpool and no one seemed to mind that.
    I think the FF4 hate so great that people were willing to overlook any flaws Deadpool had.

And they love to cherry pick. It's funny for all the backlash Marvel got for Moon Girl and the rest "phasing out" icons and certain others.

Funny you don't see that with DC.

Just reading the Batman/Duke stories on here and looking at some of the DC books. Johns is straight up doing what Marvel has been accused of.

Interesting that gets mentioned the day we lose a certain Robin.

And why are so many minority heroes in Rebirth need a white man to hold their hand? Or to exist someone else has to be first?

Jaime Reyes didn't need Ted now he does?
    Cyborg wouldn't be around if the invasion that caused Justice League didn't happen.
    Black Wally
    Duke in that Power Ranger get up
    Aqualad
    Jessica & Simon?
    Where are the independent minority heroes at?

I might be reading too much into this but is that why Cyborg's stories have been screwed up so much?

Duke has somewhat done more than Cyborg in fewer years. He's in (cameos) in 2 top selling books. His book sold better than Cyborg. He's mentioned more than Cyborg. He's in at least 4 top selling trades.

Cyborg is back in a bad design with an editor whose track record is minority books ranking the WORST in sales.

Comic Cyborg is being set up to fail while Duke gets built up. That might explain Wally West too.