Extraordinary Member

To be fair Jamie Reyes doesn't need Ted Kord now (other than to cure him) and has told him as much. The whole point of the thing is
    that Ted's cluelessly offering to mentor a guy who outpowers him and only wants to be normal.

Its still Jamie's book. Jamie's on all the covers. It's just that now the Ted Kord fans can't say anything about having thier character taken away.

He's right there. Trying to get Jamie's reluctant hero who vastly outpowers him to be his Robin. That's the joke.

Cyborg wasn't set up to fail anymore than any team character who wasn't designed to be a solo act is. People who
    like him liked in a team context and don't see the point of him being a solo act.

Cyborg doesn't have a arch-enemy. The closest thing to an arch-enemy that he and the rest of the 80's Titans
    had was Deathstroke. But they are determined to give Deathstroke his own book too.

If Cyborg's comic was about Cyborg fighting Deathstroke you might have gotten some of the 80's Titans fans to care.

And if we are going to complain about White heroes having to exist before Black heroes can then we have to call out John Stewart too.
    He was created as the Subsitute Green Lantern, after all.

Literally his job was to swing into action when Hal Jordan would slip in the bathtub and knocked himself out (this actually happened) or
    if he had a motorcycle accident, @#$% himself up and couldn't GL.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    To be fair Jamie Reyes doesn't need Ted Kord now (other than to cure him) and has told him as much. The whole point of the thing is
    that Ted's cluelessly offering to mentor a guy who outpowers him and only wants to be normal.

Its still Jamie's book. Jamie's on all the covers. It's just that now the Ted Kord fans can't say anything about having thier character taken away.

He's right there. Trying to get Jamie's reluctant hero who vastly outpowers him to be his Robin. That's the joke.

Cyborg wasn't set up to fail anymore than any team character who wasn't designed to be a solo act is. People who
    like him liked in a team context and don't see the point of him being a solo act.

Cyborg doesn't have a arch-enemy. The closest thing to an arch-enemy that he and the rest of the 80's Titans
    had was Deathstroke. But they are determined to give Deathstroke his own book too.

If Cyborg's comic was about Cyborg fighting Deathstroke you might have gotten some of the 80's Titans fans to care.

And if we are going to complain about White heroes having to exist before Black heroes can then we have to call out John Stewart too.

Literally his job was to swing into action when Hal Jordan would slip in the bathtub and knocked himself out (this actually happened) or
    At least with John Stewart there's the excuse that he was created in 1971 and at various points writers tried to build up the character. That doesn't seem to be happening for Cyborg. I can't speak on Jessica and Simon but from what I'm hearing they're being written like they don't know what they hell they're doing but they did the same with Kyle too and they haven't done some of the stupid ish he did when he started as a GL for the sake of being "relatable".

Honestly, at this point I think it would be better to start looking at what independent creators are doing in comics and to look at more than just cape comics. There's a lot of variety and diversity out there but it rarely gets mentioned because the books are not published by DC and Marvel even if their collected stories outsell a good chunk of what both companies put out (ex. Aya and Persepolis).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    At least with John Stewart there's the excuse that he was created in 1971 and at various points writers tried to build up the character. That doesn't seem to be happening for Cyborg. I can't speak on Jessica and Simon but from what I'm hearing they're being written like they don't know what they hell they're doing but they did the same with Kyle too and they haven't done some of the stupid ish he did when he started as a GL for the sake of being "relatable".

Honestly, at this point I think it would be better to start looking at what independent creators are doing in comics and to look at more than just cape comics. There's a lot of variety and diversity out there but it rarely gets mentioned because the books are not published by DC and Marvel even if their collected stories outsell a good chunk of what both companies put out (ex. Aya and Persepolis).
    I would agree with this.

Mainstream Cape comics have to serve several masters at the same time. Even with the best will in the world
    there's only so much that you can do with them.

At DC the 60's versions of the characters are NEVER going away.

Even when they were supposed to be dead guys like Barry Allan and Hal Jordan had their ghosts, clones
    or time travelling versions repeatedly showing up.

Its hard to do anything new when your main selling point is that nothing ever changes or goes away. Ever.

Jordan Peele Wants to Work on Serious Horror Films from a Black Male Perspective

http://www.themarysue.com/jordan-peele-horror-get-out/

Anyone playing Destiny on PS4 want to help/guide me through some raids this weekend? Wife and kid are out of town so I've got lots of game time. I've never done a single raid or Trials of Osirus and really want to give them a go before the new expansion drop Tuesday.

PSN me @: CR1MS0N DYNAM0
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Jordan Peele Wants to Work on Serious Horror Films from a Black Male Perspective

http://www.themarysue.com/jordan-peele-horror-get-out/

Sounds interesting and I want to see it, I hope he doesn't get crushed under the weight of "make me laugh cause I don't want to take you seriously" burden some comedians especially black ones go through

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

John's New 52 origin got him that ring without Hal.

So while he was created to replace Hal at first now that link is broken.

I can't speak on Jessica and Simon but from what I'm hearing they're being written like they don't know what they hell they're doing but they did the same with Kyle too and they haven't done some of the stupid ish he did when he started as a GL for the sake of being "relatable".
    Jessica & Simon are Johns pets to help bury John Stewart & Kyle.

Don't think for one minute Hal won't be back in that book sooner than later. Because Dc is going to look at Hal 's book and wonder why sales are not higher. Oh that's right John Stewart fans are boycotting the book and unlike the others they support a book when he is in more than 4 pages.

Re: John Stewart

DC just missed an opportunity to capture more "general audience" fans when they reverted back to Hal (I am talking more outside comics ie movie). Most kids watching cartoons new John as "the black superhero" lol

anywho...

Why Ray get all jacked up to play a CGI character lol. Poor guy
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

holy moly, thsi forum Duke hate is STRONG

I am hit or miss catchign up on Batman (read the rebirth stuff but am real behindon nu52 stuff) but... where did this hate come from? Or is it just the obvious?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Marcus Scribner Of ‘Black-ish’ Wants To See More Black Nerds On TV

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b04a1497b36633

Well, maybe it's because they seem to be promoting Duke and Damian over Tim Drake. Dick and Jason are doing their own thing so that kind of leaves Tim the odd man out. I think that Stephanie and Cassandra are back, and they won't likely be getting rid of them anytime soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    holy moly, thsi forum Duke hate is STRONG

I am hit or miss catchign up on Batman (read the rebirth stuff but am real behindon nu52 stuff) but... where did this hate come from? Or is it just the obvious?
    I think it's split 50/50 between just the obvious and the usual comicbook fandom hatred of anything that looks even vaguely new.

BANNED

It starts with an R. Unlike Harper Row. Duke hasn't done anything. And furthermore all the other Bat Characters are in use besides Batwing.

Cyborg mannequin for the new Justice League movie

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKcpZkCj9X9/
    The J-man

Like I said, I will never understand why the supposed minorities accept the name of minorities.