Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Snyder's Superman is way better than Johns Superman
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    They're both just terrible
    I agree with you, both interpretations suck, imo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Blade was last scene in Ewings first Might Avengers story.

There was supposed to be a Blade series post SW, about his daughter, but got kaboshed bc people got mad that the dude is white and the author bailed

I think there is no way in hell Marvel casts Snipes for Blade. It would make the continuity aspect iffy and weird.
    I would rather a younger actor be cast as Blade. No disrespect to Snipes, but I don't think he should play the character in live action (I'm down with voice over projects, though).

I'd be down for a Midnight Sons/Supernatural Avengers film with Blade (Jericho Drumm) ass key members.

Extraordinary Member

Blade was last scene in Ewings first Might Avengers story.

There was supposed to be a Blade series post SW, about his daughter, but got kaboshed bc people got mad that the dude is white and the author bailed

I think there is no way in hell Marvel casts Snipes for Blade. It would make the continuity aspect iffy and weird.
    How would casting snipes as Blade effect continuity?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I really want Marvel to give the greenlight for a Blade netflix series or something. Wesley Snipes is game for it but he is getting older and if they wait to long then he won't be able to do it anymore. I would be okay with them recasting for someone younger but they would have to be good able to stand toe to toe with Snipes. Anyway, I haven't heard much about Blade in Marvel comics either? Is he still alive or dead or what?
    I honestly thinks he's got one more good Blade film in him atleast. I'd rather see a Blade 4 than a netflix series but I'd take either one.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I saw this making rounds on twitter today, so I thought it was worth of share.

This is from 1969. Funny how you still see people repeating these type of arguments almost verbatim in 2016.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

What's funny is that we still have people using the phrase "I'm not a racist," and ending it with anything other than a period. Any time you say that phrase with a comma or the word "but" after it, you're about to show us all exactly how racist you are.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    How would casting snipes as Blade effect continuity?
    Because it means the three Blade movies occurred in the MCU
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Only reason I catch this show in passing when I do is for J'onzz. I feel It couldn't have been easy to raise two white girls as a martian masquerading as a black man with a government job which is the most interesting dynamic of the show. Next to Diggle, Hank is probably my favorite brotha on broadcast TV.

That said I've never quite dug Jimmy BrOlson and I really ain't feeling him taking on Guardian. He's damn near bangin' a Kryptonian as it is, now he gotta get a cape too huh. I Pass. Hopefully they save Bumblebee for the Black Lighting show.
    Yeah, Hank/J'onn is at times, more interesting than Supergirl. I can't wait to see Sharon Leal as Miss Martian. That guardian costume...woof. I hope the show says that the costume is a prototype or something because it looks so...90s.

Shaun King has a commentary on Tom Joyner's morning show a couple times a week...yea the same Joyner who gives time to Don Lemon but anyway. He was triumphing the 13th Documentary on Netflix and his premise was that the Prison system complex was not 'broken' but that it's functioning exactly the way it was intended, ironically right around the time when that letter would have been published by Stan Lee.

The mentality STILL strongly prevails in that bringing up race before most of the non black majority is inherently racist. 'Put the Negro in the "spotlight"' and then using Panther, background character Robbie Robertson and Centurius as the most glaring examples of being uncomfortable to very idea of acknowledging fictional black comic characters does exactly seem like something seen on this very board.

Right on for sharing that. By the way I've never heard of Centurius. :/
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Because it means the three Blade movies occurred in the MCU
    Eh I don't think that would be a big deal. Blade is a more underground character anyway not like he's bumping into the Avengers everyday on his missions.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Eh I don't think that would be a big deal. Blade is a more underground character anyway not like he's bumping into the Avengers everyday on his missions.
    They don't want to have to explain why nobody in the MCU has never run accross Vamps.

I've seen people make the arguments before that Blade is a problem in the MCU because it means vampires have existed this entire time but somehow nobody noticed them, but that doesn't really hold up when it looks like Marvel is now doing the exact same thing with Doctor Strange. Feige even got asked if there's some ancient coven of powerful sorcerers, how come none of them showed up to help fight those aliens? Or Ultron?

http://www.newsarama.com/31554-justi...nt-leaked.html

NGL I'm kinda excited for this.

Last edited by Holt; 10-14-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    They don't want to have to explain why nobody in the MCU has never run accross Vamps.
    Plus the ending of Trinity made it ambiguous to how many vamps survive that doomsday weapon thing

plus no more dracula... ugh that dracula lol (ugh most the movie)

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Plus the ending of Trinity made it ambiguous to how many vamps survive that doomsday weapon thing

plus no more dracula... ugh that dracula lol (ugh most the movie)
    I think the main reason for not going with Snipes is that Marvel Studios remembers what he pulled on the set of Blade 3, and the studio has a history of not working with control freak primadonnas if it can be avoided. Most Marvel films, even the solo ones like Ant-Man and the Thor movies, have larger supporting casts and Snipes is not going to like playing Blade in a film like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think the main reason for not going with Snipes is that Marvel Studios remembers what he pulled on the set of Blade 3, and the studio has a history of not working with control freak primadonnas if it can be avoided. Most Marvel films, even the solo ones like Ant-Man and the Thor movies, have larger supporting casts and Snipes is not going to like playing Blade in a film like that.
    Or they may just not want to pay him

And would Snipes even do TV?

I have no problem passign the torch here. And I LOVE the first two blades and can watch blade III if i have some whiskey before hand.

But it isn't the most difficult role to play adn I woudl prefer a younger Blade personally. Let some other black actor take a shot at it.