Incredible Member

So X-Men Blue has 0 Non-Europids, X-Men Gold has 1 and Generation X has 2. And officially queer characters-wise it's 1, 0 & 2 as far as I know. Generation X would be totally fine in and of itself if the other two weren't so bad (particularly in terms of ethnicity; for more queer ones they'd admittedly need larger/more teams). Well, at least the male-to-female ratio is good so far outside (naturally) the O5 and thus overall. I harbor no hope for Weapon X at this point. Way to not learn the correct lessons of DC's Rebirth and actually go too retro with RessurXion. Plus Generation X's main cast is boring (1/2 eh, okay & 1/2 no, thanks) and X-Men Gold's creative team doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever. Either one would need exceptionally positive word of mouth for me to cosider. Otherwise I'll only be getting Iceman (this one maybe even not just in softcovers but monthly as well), probably X-Men Blue since I enjoy the O5 kids despite them having long overstayed their welcome (I really wish they'd split off into an AU book, though), and possibly Jean Grey if against all odds they actually finally do the right thing and bring the true 616 one back.
    Last edited by twincast; 11-30-2016 at 09:45 AM.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    So X-Men Blue has 0 Non-Europids, X-Men Gold has 1 and Generation X has 2. And officially queer characters-wise it's 1, 0 & 2 as far as I know. Generation X would be totally fine in and of itself if the other two weren't so bad (particularly in terms of ethnicity; for more queer ones they'd admittedly need larger/more teams). Well, at least the male-to-female ratio is good so far outside (naturally) the O5 and thus overall. I harbor no hope for Weapon X at this point. Way to not learn the correct lessons of DC's Rebirth and actually go too retro with RessurXion. Plus Generation X's main cast is boring (1/2 eh, okay & 1/2 no, thanks) and X-Men Gold's creative team doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever. Either one would need exceptionally positive word of mouth for me to cosider. Otherwise I'll only be getting Iceman (this one maybe even not just in softcovers but monthly as well), probably X-Men Blue since I enjoy the O5 kids despite them having long overstayed their welcome (I really wish they'd split off into an AU book, though), and possibly Jean Grey if against all odds they actually finally do the right thing and bring the true 616 one back.
    X books have never had a female problem. They have always had good female characters all over the books.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    these X team announcements... yeeesh
    Well you know how the X-Men are, them and their metaphors.

Extraordinary Member

these X team announcements... yeeesh
    Somebody answer the phone because I called it: Gen X got the POC cast (Jubilee, Bling, Nature Girl and new guy Hindsight).

I will say one thing for the Gen X book: You aren't REALLY a freakish reject if you are a Matinee Idol with cool powers (there was a Warren Ellis arc of Astonishing that lampshaded this).

This book is actually about the freakish rejects and the in story that they are off in a separate school from the main school of Matinee Idol with
    cool powers I find funny as hell.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 11-30-2016 at 10:34 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Somebody answer the phone because I called it: Gen X got the POC cast (Jubilee, Bling, Nature Girl and new guy Hindsight).

I will say one thing for the Gen X book: You aren't REALLY a freakish reject if you are a Matinee Idol with cool powers (there was a Warren Ellis arc of Astonishing that lampshaded this).

This book is actually about the freakish rejects and the in story that they are off in a separate school from the main school of Matinee Idol with
    cool powers I find funny as hell.
    I do find it funny folks not just here but on other sites are begging folks to give the books shot and the classic (how do you know if you don't like it if you haven't read it) lines.

Yet many of them were leading the charge of these books have no business being made because I don't like WHO is on the covers, death threats to writers, harassment of writers, chasing fans out of stores over certain books, stores REFUSING to sell books and folks at Marvel need to be FIRED. When ANAD Marvel started.

Funny how having an X in front of your book makes you immune.

For all the complaints-those books will still get made and will never have to suffer the harassment when sales comes out that every minority lead book at Marvel deals with.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I do find it funny folks not just here but on other sites are begging folks to give the books shot and the classic (how do you know if you don't like it if you haven't read it) lines.

Yet many of them were leading the charge of these books have no business being made because I don't like WHO is on the covers, death threats to writers, harassment of writers, chasing fans out of stores over certain books, stores REFUSING to sell books and folks at Marvel need to be FIRED. When ANAD Marvel started.

For all the complaints-those books will still get made and will never have to suffer the harassment when sales comes out that every minority lead book at Marvel deals with.
    Yeah, I don't think paying attention to any fandom is warranted anymore.

Fans hate change.

Other than the characters that Bendis created the newest Xcharacter is like 13 years old.

If that franchise ever were to start from scratch the fans would have a screaming fit.

Its just a matter of how Marvel reshuffles its 20+ year old characters that they are upset with today.

Just wanted to share this
    http://www.onlysimchas.com/news/4288...KV3Xo.facebook
    Attachment 42133

Jews are thought of as just white people but we aren't and MMA fighter Elazar Tariku is a good example of that

Donnie Yen regarding his role on Rogue One

http://www.themarysue.com/donnie-yen...epresentation/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

No offense to Donnie but I really hope he isn't asked to act toooooo much lol

Cool he has the force though

#whenwillitbeBoyegasturn

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Hickman recently mentioned on twitter

Jordon D White House on his tumbler QandA also told the X fans to back off

"I don’t edit the X-Books, people.

So…you can stop coming to me with your complaints about them. Feel free to email the people who work on them, I am tired of it. Sorry.

I am, generally, happy to answer questions about things I don’t work on…but as I always say, I am answering them as another fan of things. You want to ask me about the Flash TV show? I have opinions on it. That’s cool.

But if you’re looking for someone to lash out at because you didn’t like a comic I didn’t even work on…I am not interested in being your punching bag. You wanna talk X-Men with me? Write me a question that’s interesting, not a complaint or an accusation. "
    kinda sucks its like this. I grew up an X fan, some of my favorite characters are X characters, but, somewhat due to the fact I can't go anywhere to talk about the Xmen without the usual stuff coming up... my x pulls have dwindled to OML

Extraordinary Member

No offense to Donnie but I really hope he isn't asked to act toooooo much lol

Cool he has the force though

#whenwillitbeBoyegasturn
    Donnie's a fairly decent character actor tho (by HK standards).

Usually he only gets to play the "angry, hotheaded" type. This dude he's playing in Rogue One seems...kinda contemplative.

Not generally in Donnie's wheelhouse but then again, its like playing Ip Man, but blind and with the Force.
    And Yen's Ip Man is borderline superhuman anyway.

Ip Man is the one thing that even Donnie's detractors feel he can pull off.

It's just that...Tony Leung did Ip Man better (because Tony Leung is a great actor and can generally do no wrong wherever you put him).

Just...don't ask Tony to fight.

He can POSE with the best of them tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Donnie Yen is the man. Hopefully he has a big role
    The J-man

BANNED

Had Someone on another site who laughed at marvel's attempts at turning trump into a cartoony side villain recently in Spider-Man/Deadpool By Saying "LOL Marvel's Just Butt Hurt that their Diversity Agenda Is Crumbling To Dust Meanwhile DC Doesn't Have TO rely on that crap and has an amazing superman issue where he fights swamp thing in the best issue this year Take Note Marvel"

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Had Someone on another site who laughed at marvel's attempts at turning trump into a cartoony side villain recently in Spider-Man/Deadpool By Saying "LOL Marvel's Just Butt Hurt that their Diversity Agenda Is Crumbling To Dust Meanwhile DC Doesn't Have TO rely on that crap and has an amazing superman issue where he fights swamp thing in the best issue this year Take Note Marvel"
    if that Superman Swamp thing issue was the best comic of the year than DC is in serious trouble. My god it had solid art and just such a generic story that we've seen a million times.

also DC beating Marvel thats a joke. Marvel's been holding DC's head underwater for almost a decade now. Sounds like that poster is just projecting
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    if that Superman Swamp thing issue was the best comic of the year than DC is in serious trouble. My god it had solid art and just such a generic story that we've seen a million times.

also DC beating Marvel thats a joke. Marvel's been holding DC's head underwater for almost a decade now. Sounds like that poster is just projecting
    Marvel's "Rebirth" will happen sooner or later but it is being set up much much much better than DC did. DC just went "oops, fine, here they are" while Marvel has taken all the "classic" characters and killed them or scattered them

This "sales watching" thing is so ridiculous though. You get 2 tiny snippets (diamond charts and comixcology rankings) and that is it. Yet, people take those two tiny things and try to project what is going on at both companies. Oh and then don't forget random twitter feeds from comic book shops.

Even simple things like "cost per issue" are ignored just so people can argue "LOLZ LOOK WHO IS IN THE TOP 20! INHUMANS SUCKKKK!!!!"

As long as the books you like continue to sell enough to stay alive is all that really matters.