Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of the new character Eliza ( well she is from the free to play game Tekken revolution)

See the trailer for why a lot of people are mixed about her

Eliza was a hidden character in the Free To Play Tekken Revolution. Log in enough and you could earn enough "bloodpoints" to unlock her.

I never managed it since I didn't play ever day of my life.

She is a Narcoleptic Vampire/Fanservice character (man, what the @#$% is Harada smoking over there?).

She was supposed have been buried under Lili's mansion when demolition freed her.

She isn't even as bizarre as the flying robot Wifu Alisa.

Or the midget T-Rex.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I really have no thoughts on Eliza one way or the other, like Lucky Chloe she doesn't look like a character I'll probably be using a lot if at all. Though considering that Tekken's roster has had robots, various fighting animals, laser-firing devils, and a sentient wooden puppet I suppose that including a vampire isn't too outlandish.
    She reminds me of Morrigan. Maybe she's a parody character. Even has the Shadow Blade as one of her moves.

I don't know how I feel about Tekken having super moves now. Was it done to accommodate Akuma or because they wanted to be more like Street Fighter?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    She reminds me of Morrigan. Maybe she's a parody character. Even has the Shadow Blade as one of her moves.

I don't know how I feel about Tekken having super moves now. Was it done to accommodate Akuma or because they wanted to be more like Street Fighter?
    The producers want more mainstream attention.
    Heck one of their new characters is basically a bunch of SNK characters combined into 1 and given a backstory that makes him a counterpart to street fighter's rose

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post

Yeah, Morrigan was instantly who I was thinking of when I saw her. Makes me wonder if she'll appear in another Namco X Capcom game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    What people always forget about that was Denzel already had an Oscar, and Al Pacino had not yet won; THAT does play a factor.
    That's just it, something like that SHOULDN'T be a factor. The Oscar should go to the best performance that year. All outside factors should be thrown out the window. I say that as someone that also felt Denzel Washington had no business winning for "Training Day", that award should have gone to Russell Crowe for "A Beautiful Mind".

I also hate the idea that some people don't win because "They have to proven themselves in more roles" or "They'll have plenty of opportunities to win in the future". That sort of thing completely screws over most actors of color given that they often struggle to get work after Oscar nominations and wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I really have no thoughts on Eliza one way or the other, like Lucky Chloe she doesn't look like a character I'll probably be using a lot if at all. Though considering that Tekken's roster has had robots, various fighting animals, laser-firing devils, and a sentient wooden puppet I suppose that including a vampire isn't too outlandish.
    Yeah, I don't really see the problem either. Is it the mid-range special moves that make her seem like a Capcom/SNK character, is it the line delivery of the voice actress, is it the narcolepsy angle that people find insensitive? I don't think she sticks out next to chars like Alex, Yoshimitsu, or Bob.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

With all that's going on in the US now....I figured it best to shave my beard again. Its no the best time to look middle eastern

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

With all that's going on in the US now....I figured it best to shave my beard again. Its no the best time to look middle eastern
    I'm growing mine longer. I'm going full Jew Pac. My hair has gotten so big that you can't even pick it into a fro. It just falls down. I feel like a fat lion.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Not doing much so thought I'd post my ideas on teams I'd like to see

Daughters Of The Dragon
    Misty Knight
    Colleen Wing
    Tarantula
    Black Cat
    Valkyrie
    Nightshade
    Jennifer Kale
    Sue Storm
    Radiance

The Posse
    Virgil Hawkins
    Tye Longshadow - has powers similar to Armor from X men but made of antimatter
    Asami Koizumi - has air manipulation powers
    Ed Dorado - can teleport himself and anything he touches
    Wonder Twins - same as their usual depiction but without the need for physical contact
    Hayley Carpenter - new Native American character who has her powers passed onto her by Lyla Michaels

Shadowpact
    Cassie Sandsmark
    Anita Fire
    Miyaben Marten
    Kid Devil
    Khalid Nassour
    Timothy Hunter

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-29-2017 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'm growing mine longer. I'm going full Jew Pac. My hair has gotten so big that you can't even pick it into a fro. It just falls down. I feel like a fat lion.
    I have significant Kavkazi and Gruzinim ancestry so with my beard and hair not cut short I have been mistaken for a Muslim a few times. I don't look like a typical Ashkenazi

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But remember people always look at WHAT they are nominated and win for.

Look at Monique-she won one for being an abusive mother and Halle pretty won hers for one "make me feel good" scene with Billy Bob.

Folks want to see a variety of nominations and wins that reflect that.

If Hidden Figures or Moonlight win ANYTHING-will that be the first time we saw films with black leads not being slaves, maids, service folks, sex objects or abusive parents?
    One other aspect this year is that the seven supporting nominations for actors of color aren't for side characters who elevated the stories of white people.

Even Nicole Kidman's nomination is for a film where the lead is a character from India on a journey to find out where he came from.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Dark times ahead
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

I finally saw Suicide Squad last night. For such a star heavy cast, that film was very mediocre.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not doing much so thought I'd post my ideas on teams I'd like to see

Daughters Of The Dragon
    Misty Knight
    Colleen Wing
    Tarantula
    Black Cat
    Valkyrie
    Nightshade
    Jennifer Kale
    Sue Storm
    Radiance

The Posse
    Virgil Hawkins
    Tye Longshadow - has powers similar to Armor from X men but made of antimatter
    Asami Koizumi - has air manipulation powers
    Ed Dorado - can teleport himself and anything he touches
    Wonder Twins - same as their usual depiction but without the need for physical contact
    Hayley Carpenter - new Native American character who has her powers passed onto her by Lyla Michaels

Shadowpact
    Cassie Sandsmark
    Anita Fire
    Miyaben Marten
    Kid Devil
    Khalid Nassour
    Timothy Hunter

Thoughts?

I'm probably the only person on these boards who liked Black Cat as a queenpin of crime, she wasn't doing anything as a tweener other than causing hijinx with Parker but now she's doing something and is going up against Miles, Cage and Danny

I have significant Kavkazi and Gruzinim ancestry so with my beard and hair not cut short I have been mistaken for a Muslim a few times. I don't look like a typical Ashkenazi
    Gryph, you shouldn't let a bunch of bigots influence how you grow your facial hair. America is supposed to be the land of the free. Maybe now is the best time to stand up to small-mindedness.

Your story reminds me of the situation that two distinct Indonesian-descended communities in Holland found themselves in in the 1970s; following a series of hostage takings instigated by radicalised Moluccan youths (in response to the Dutch government's failure to help establish a sovereign Moluccan state independent from Indonesia), both Moluccans as well as Indonesian Eurasians (like my maternal family) were viewed upon with distrust and fear by some Dutch people (because apparently it was difficult to distinguish between Moluccan and Eurasian facial features). So while for a Eurasian it would be vexing to, for example, be walking down the street and get dirty looks for being mistaken for a Moluccan, imagine the implications that, in the minds of some idiots, at that time 'Moluccan' equalled 'terrorist'. Even though the majority of the Moluccan community did not condone the use of violence. Whilst a Eurasian would have been able to say 'No wait, I'm not Moluccan, I'm Eurasian', and perhaps get the response 'Oh, you're all right, then', any Moluccan finding themselves in that situation would not have the 'luxury' of deflecting that prejudice.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me