BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Gryph, you shouldn't let a bunch of bigots influence how you grow your facial hair. America is supposed to be the land of the free. Maybe now is the best time to stand up to small-mindedness.

Your story reminds me of the situation that two distinct Indonesian-descended communities in Holland found themselves in in the 1970s; following a series of hostage takings instigated by radicalised Moluccan youths (in response to the Dutch government's failure to help establish a sovereign Moluccan state independent from Indonesia), both Moluccans as well as Indonesian Eurasians (like my maternal family) were viewed upon with distrust and fear by some Dutch people (because apparently it was difficult to distinguish between Moluccan and Eurasian facial features). So while for a Eurasian it would be vexing to, for example, be walking down the street and get dirty looks for being mistaken for a Moluccan, imagine the implications that, in the minds of some idiots, at that time 'Moluccan' equalled 'terrorist'. Even though the majority of the Moluccan community did not condone the use of violence. Whilst a Eurasian would have been able to say 'No wait, I'm not Moluccan, I'm Eurasian', and perhaps get the response 'Oh, you're all right, then', any Moluccan finding themselves in that situation would not have the 'luxury' of deflecting that prejudice.

Sadly we live in a country where you at least have to air on the side of caution as just walking down the street with your hoodie up and get you shot by "security", at a young age we literally have to master the art of not looking like a threat

Messed up thing is I live in Canada but things are a little tense here in my neighbourhood for reasons of a conflict between middle easterners and east Asians. I realize how that sounds but the two communities really hate each other and even white people are getting tense at different groups because of the stand off

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I doubt it. But we'll see.

At first glance I was thinking maybe she's a twin sister of Kazuya and thus has the devil gene. But looks like she's just a succubus.
    Apparently it seems that Harada implied there will be returning characters as Free DKC while new characters would be paid dlc

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    What people always forget about that was Denzel already had an Oscar, and Al Pacino had not yet won; THAT does play a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    That's just it, something like that SHOULDN'T be a factor. The Oscar should go to the best performance that year. All outside factors should be thrown out the window. I say that as someone that also felt Denzel Washington had no business winning for "Training Day", that award should have gone to Russell Crowe for "A Beautiful Mind".

I also hate the idea that some people don't win because "They have to proven themselves in more roles" or "They'll have plenty of opportunities to win in the future". That sort of thing completely screws over most actors of color given that they often struggle to get work after Oscar nominations and wins.
    Just goes to show the absurdity of award shows in general. How can a subjective thing like "best performance" be determined? It's not like a foot race where if I beat you...then dammit I beat you. An Oscar is just "best [pick a category]...according to this particular organization". It's not like the academy members all actually watch all the films that are nominated, plus nominees are expected to campaign for the awards...huh?

People take this crap too seriously.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Sadly we live in a country where you at least have to air on the side of caution as just walking down the street with your hoodie up and get you shot by "security", at a young age we literally have to master the art of not looking like a threat

Flying out of dfw to Japan . Get pulled off by immigrations for questioning . Interrogated for almost 2 hrs , then just randomly was made free to go after being totally inconvenienced. When I asked what I was detained for the answer was "We have the right to retain anyone " .
    My former classmate with 5 friends. Had to reschedule the flight. Oh and he's black.

Another classmate the same thing. She is black.

ANother class mate pointed this out-

“The Secretary of State shall immediately suspend the Visa Interview Waiver Program and ensure compliance with section 222 of the INA (Immigration and Nationality Act), which requires that all individuals seeking a nonimmigrant visa, undergo an in-person interview, subject to specific statutory exceptions.”

There are two parts to the Visa Waiver Program: one for tourists, and one for people with existing visas who can request to be excused from the interview when they apply for another visa of the same type.
    The second bit is the part that will be affected.

Now, it simply means affected travellers will have no choice but to sit a face-to-face interview each time they apply.
    So I guess we won't see John Boyea, Hugh Laurie and many other internationals in the US for awhile. If they have to go through all that.

I feel like somebody in Washington is a member of hydra.

I'm probably the only person on these boards who liked Black Cat as a queenpin of crime, she wasn't doing anything as a tweener other than causing hijinx with Parker but now she's doing something and is going up against Miles, Cage and Danny
    She isn't doing much against Miles and she's not even the one calling the shots in power Man and iron fist. The Queenpin thing hasn't added anything of value to the character and she has moved in from Parker before OMD. Plus the crazy ex girlfriend trope in fiction is just lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Messed up thing is I live in Canada but things are a little tense here in my neighbourhood for reasons of a conflict between middle easterners and east Asians. I realize how that sounds but the two communities really hate each other and even white people are getting tense at different groups because of the stand off
    Ah sorry, I had forgotten that you lived in Canada. Do these tensions go way back, or are they a relatively recent development? Either way, it blows.

Forgot to mention, but just now I had to look up the terms Kavkazi and Gruzinim, as it was the first time I encountered them. Had been unaware of the history of either up til now. Gives me a new excuse to hit the books.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Incredible Member

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She isn't doing much against Miles and she's not even the one calling the shots in power Man and iron fist. The Queenpin thing hasn't added anything of value to the character and she has moved in from Parker before OMD. Plus the crazy ex girlfriend trope in fiction is just lazy

Pre-Civil War she was and even got him unmasked and right now she's going to war with Alex over NYC in PM&IF

That's a whole lot more than she was doing a couple years ago

There was a shooting at a mosque in Quebec tonight, several dead. That's not even the worst part. We have names of the suspects according to the police scanner, Bashir al-Taweed and Hassan Matti.

Pre-Civil War she was and even got him unmasked and right now she's going to war with Alex over NYC in PM&IF

That's a whole lot more than she was doing a couple years ago
    You mean pre-Civil War 2? And the unmasking amounted to nothing. I doubt this war with Alex will amount to anything either given how inept she's been written.

Prior to this she was on a team with Heroes for Hire and then Defenders and had a supporting role in Daredevil. Her role since the Queenpin stuff is showing up and being a one dimensional mustache twirler and accomplishing little to nothing.

Of course, I have my own bias as I haven't been a fan of this stuff so YMMV but I really don't see the improvement.

Sorry if I sound a bit testy. I really do try not to be one of those fans that reacts negatively to change on principle. I did like her in Silk if that means anything.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-30-2017 at 02:53 AM.

Good ol Bendis

Has Miles unmasked by a villain....

goes completely no where at all with it.

*sigh*
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Good ol Bendis

Has Miles unmasked by a villain....

goes completely no where at all with it.

*sigh*

It lead to Jefferson getting re-activated as a SHIELD agent which lead to the currently going on team up/possible romance with Gwen

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You mean pre-Civil War 2? And the unmasking amounted to nothing. I doubt this war with Alex will amount to anything either given how inept she's been written.

Prior to this she was on a team with Heroes for Hire and then Defenders and had a supporting role in Daredevil. Her role since the Queenpin stuff is showing up and being a one dimensional mustache twirler and accomplishing little to nothing.

Of course, I have my own bias as I haven't been a fan of this stuff so YMMV but I really don't see the improvement.

Sorry if I sound a bit testy. I really do try not to be one of those fans that reacts negatively to change on principle. I did like her in Silk if that means anything.

The arc with PM&IF just started and since Walker & Greene are doing something with Alex Wilder I'll give them the benefit of doubt that they're going to do something since apparently the love for The Runaways doesn't extend to Alex

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    There was a shooting at a mosque in Quebec tonight, several dead. That's not even the worst part. We have names of the suspects according to the police scanner, Bashir al-Taweed and Hassan Matti.
    Just correcting this information.

Alexandre Bissonnette Identified As Quebec Mosque Shooting Suspect: Reportshttp://http://www.huffingtonpost.com..._hp_ref=au-now

It lead to Jefferson getting re-activated as a SHIELD agent which lead to the currently going on team up/possible romance with Gwen
    sorry... almost nothing.

being unmasked by a "queenpin" should have been a huge deal
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html