Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    DC had more say during the New 52 relaunch and even prior to that.

If Milestone is keen on having all editorial decisions concerning the Milestone done by them and them alone, well you can see what the problem is with
    that might be from DC's standpoint.

I still think the Earth M stuff is a mistake. Shoving Milestone in its own private corner of the DCU multiverse isn't going to make anybody pay any more attention
    than it did in the 90's.
    Maybe. But it could also mean they won't get dragged into crappy crossovers and subjected to awful editorial decisions.

New trailer for Proud Mary starring Taraji P. Henson

https://web.facebook.com/BuzzFeedEnt...3194622392867/

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Yeah, sure, and Tron 3 is coming out next year.
    Come on now I'm sure we'll see Tron 3 way before anything Milestone related.

So the dudes behind Game of Thrones are making an alternate history show where the Confederacy won the Civil War. My thoughts on this echo those of Roy Wood Jr. "Can you imagine a world where Confederate flags are flown, black people are treated like ****, and white supremacist run the country?"
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

If Milestone is keen on having all editorial decisions concerning the Milestone done by them and them alone, well you can see what the problem is with

I still think the Earth M stuff is a mistake. Shoving Milestone in its own private corner of the DCU multiverse isn't going to make anybody pay any more attention
    than it did in the 90's.

Being in their own universe in the 90's helped them beat DC proper in sales

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Come on now I'm sure we'll see Tron 3 way before anything Milestone related.

So the dudes behind Game of Thrones are making an alternate history show where the Confederacy won the Civil War. My thoughts on this echo those of Roy Wood Jr. "Can you imagine a world where Confederate flags are flown, black people are treated like ****, and white supremacist run the country?"
    You mean like current day society?

One thing that has always surprised me is that we're expected to celebrate July 4th because it's "American's Independence Day", even though George Washington and his cronies promised slaves that they would be freed if they would fight the british only to renege and send them right back to the plantation. And yet most people can't even say when the emancipation proclamation or the civil rights act even commenced, let alone celebrate it like a holiday. Hell, without the civil rights act, legally every non white person in America today would still be using separate bathrooms. And yet this doesn't deserve a holiday?

That's why I honestly don't celebrate July 4th. I use that day as just a day off to draw and work on my comic lol.

The emancipation proclamation didn't free any slaves. It was a statement that had no legal authority. It was the 13th amendment to the Constitution two years later that freed the slaves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The emancipation proclamation didn't free any slaves. It was a statement that had no legal authority. It was the 13th amendment to the Constitution two years later that freed the slaves.
    Technically yes, but the emancipation had the symbolic gesture that lead to the 13th amendment. But that does lead to a good point. To be honest if we were to get a holiday, it would probably be the civil rights act first. But I guess the main question would be should the holiday celebrate the symbolic movement to end slavery, or the written in stone legal placement to end slavery. Especially since more people are familiar with the emancipation than the 13th amendment.

Of course the likelihood of us getting this holiday probably won't happen until around 2030, where the numbers start to even out between whites and non whites, but it's always fun to speculate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Meh DC wants Static I assume.
    BINGO-that who they want. However they don't want the rest of Milestone to go elsewhere and be a threat.

than it did in the 90's.

Dc had no control over what went into those books the first time. That was all McDuffie and you saw a company beat a lot of DC & Marvel books.

When DC got control-you saw Static in badly done books and even get blame for Young Justice getting axed (which was not true). He was even blamed for Teen Titans low sales. Everybody who wanted to use Static got shown the door.

Then the New 52 mess where the editor (a Milestone alum) RUINED the book as he has done with Katanna & still doing with Cyborg.

It is in Milestone's BEST interest to keep control. Look at that company as a whole what black hero or heroine has benefited under Johns, Dan, Lee or the rest over there?

Right now it's not even about those folks who go to comic book stores and will boycott the book because Static has his own body parts and his own world unlike all of DC's black folks. It's about getting some TRADES out.

Look at those trade sales-a whole lot of books that don't dominate the top 50 or have been trashed by the entitlement crew are selling.

One of the top selling books last month was Motor Crush-it beat EVERY DC Rebirth book. The Prowler (yes Prowler) trade outsold many DC Rebirth books including the much heralded real Wally lead Titans.

Spectacular Member

Static is Officially returning for Young Justice Season 3.
    Last edited by Mr HardKnocks; 07-21-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Traci 13 is joining the cast as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    Static is Officially returning for Young Justice Season 3.
    Wait a second, which flash is that? Is that Bart or Nu wally? It's definitely not previous wally seeing as he's a ginger.

Static, Blue Beetle and Traci 13!! Love how diverse the cast is! Always been one of YJ strongest attribute!

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Wait a second, which flash is that? Is that Bart or Nu wally? It's definitely not previous wally seeing as he's a ginger.
    That's Bart in Kid Flash's costume.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Artemis, Nightwing, Aqualad and Superboy. Kaldur sporting a beard!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Static, Blue Beetle and Traci 13!! Love how diverse the cast is! Always been one of YJ strongest attribute!
    Where Traci 13? I don't see her.

Do you mean the girl in the flak jacket(the hair color is throwing me off)?

It also looks like they are getting Spoiler and Arrowette (or is that Artemis?).

This is going to be really cool.

Ultimate Member

Well Static and even Stephanie Brown are in Young Justice.

I'm waiting for the legion of excuses to not use either in comics like they (well Hal fans) love to use with John Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well Static and even Stephanie Brown are in Young Justice.

I'm waiting for the legion of excuses to not use either in comics like they (well Hal fans) love to use with John Stewart.
    Sad Cass Cain wasn't in this.