Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Black Panther is it. What a message. The circumstances behind the message sends an even more bitter message.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I've been writing a poetry collection for a while now. The poems are about monsters, demons and otherworldly creatures from folklore around the world. A friend of mine, whose family is from Sierra Leone, suggested I write some based off African legends and pointed me towards some sources I could look at for inspiration.

My concern is....should I do it? I really want this collection to be successful but I'm worried I will attract controversy from people accusing me of cultural appropriation.

So far, I have used various European, Middle Eastern and a few East Asian figures and creatures.
    I say give it a shot. I don't think you have much to worry about.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Does anyone else here think that Don Cheadle could carry a solo War Machine film.
    It depends on what you mean by "carry". Is he talented enough actor? Definitely. Is he a big enough star to bring audiences in on his name alone? Questionable.

Black Manta shown briefly for Injustice 2 in this reveal trailer

If they ever did a War Machine movie I'd suggest they drastically deviate from comics. I'd essentially make it about the MIC appropriating the War Machine suit and using it for private military contractors. It would be a tongue in cheek condemnation of the MIC in the vein of Robocop and Starship Troopers.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It depends on what you mean by "carry". Is he talented enough actor? Definitely. Is he a big enough star to bring audiences in on his name alone? Questionable.
    That's not really an issue with marvel superhero movies, though. Or superhero movies in general. Man of Steel and Wonder Woman didn't make hundreds of millions of dollars at the box office because of the names Cavill and Gadot.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    If they ever did a War Machine movie I'd suggest they drastically deviate from comics. I'd essentially make it about the MIC appropriating the War Machine suit and using it for private military contractors. It would be a tongue in cheek condemnation of the MIC in the vein of Robocop and Starship Troopers.
    I see you working. I'd add the end of the movie dissolves the WM suits role as well as Rhodey's tenure in the service, kind of a origin story in reverse. That's waay to much to ask out of the MCU though, Disney don't do tongue in cheek. Gotsta push Halloween costumes and lunchboxes.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Has anyone been reading the new Spawn arc? I see it has a new team and I'm loving the experimental horror art, but I'm curious as to how the story reads. I haven't enjoyed Spawn since Hine and Haberlin's run.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    No I'm not kidding. It was a genuine and serious question.

You, and many others on here and social media seem to think diversity only includes Black men or at least imply that's the biggest criteria to judge by. So you think DC sucks at diversity because the likes of John Stewart, Static, Icon, Val-Zod...etc don't have a solo comic the way Miles, Sam and Black Panther do.

Those same people ignore Blue Beetle, Green Lanterns, and Super-Man because they're not led by Black men. I'm sure those same individuals are going to ignore Sideways because he's not Black and treat Signal the way they treat Cyborg because he's not their preferred Black man. It's hypocrisy! Mr Terrific is going to be leading his own team in a comic and The Black Zero Cult (new creation) seems to be led by a Black woman but im sure all of that will be ignored too just like all the other team books minorites are in at DC are (JL, JLA, SS, TT, T).

PS: Silencer, who is getting her own title, looks like a Black or biracial female. Not sure though. Can anyone confirm?
    Does anyone else here think that Don Cheadle could carry a solo War Machine film.
    I don't think anyone would be interested in Stark's sidekick.

Extraordinary Member

Sure, if the movie played to Chedle's strengths as an actor: chatty ensemble pieces.

So something like Three Kings but with Super Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Sure, if the movie played to Chedle's strengths as an actor: chatty ensemble pieces.
    Awww man, that's kinda undersellin' him ain't it? There was nothing chatty about Hotel Rwanda, he was excellent in that. His Miles Davis movie has been on my DVR for months too I just haven't gotten around to sitting through it. He was the lead in Traitor, I never got all the way through that one but he had a distinct part in it too that wasn't a similar to his scenes from Civil War, Ultron or Oceans. So it's not like you have to go all the way back to being 'Mouse' or Rosewood, I've never felt his opportunities has kept up with his talents. Not to mention he's the darkest brotha' consistently workin' in Hollywood.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Damn. You seriously made me sound verbose and long winded. lol

Lolz, your response is great since you had names in yours

The Asian hair streak...I guess this is their version of the black people with electricity powers thing: https://www.buzzfeed.com/krishrach/p...oJk#.li3JlD7rm
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Speaking of stereotypical powersets, Pyrokinesis seems to be the go to power for Latinos.

Fire, El Diablo, Vulcan, Firebrand, Sunspot, Firebird, Ghost Rider, Inferno and countless others lol I dont mind it though because pyrokenictic powers are cool... But can we please get some Hydrokinesis characters too!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!