Jaden Smith has an animated series coming to Netflix.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Not a fan of the art style but this project seems to really suit him, somehow.

C.S. Pacat is doing a fencing series in the vein of Yuri On Ice.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

Incredible Member

Well, it certainly looks and sounds nice in lotsa ways (accuracy, diversity, eye candy); I'll definitely check it out, but why did it have to be fencing of all sports? FYI I seriously hate the arbitrary artificial (time) rules in sport fencing. I mean, I understand why they aren't using (blunted) historical combat weapons, but it should at least somewhat resemble real fencing tactically.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

BANNED

With the Bodega Boys

One of the few comics without a black female character I'll be reading about it seems ...damn you Pacat.

I'm also glad it's about fencing since I recently learned that one of my mom's coworker has a child who does fencing which was a shock to hear considering the location we live in, and b/c it's out of the stereotypical sports so I'm interested.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Ta-Nehisi Coates on Trump as the first "White President"

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...m_source=atlfb

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Man, I didn't even like the first Destiny, but here I go putting in 12 hours on Destiny 2 on a work night. Guess I'm calling in. I normally hate playing shooters on a console, but I ended up leveling a code of protection Titan. All I do is run around the map punching the hell out of everything. Can't die unless my target has too much armor, or it explodes. Every day is the fist of July.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    David Allene(?) The back guy from "The New X-Men" generation
    Maybe it's just me, but I didn't have a problem with how that came to place in the story.

Granted, it's been a very long time since I first read it. But still, based off my memory (which isn't perfect by a long stretch), I thought it was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    And they did bring Night Thrasher back too (took a long time though)....but seeing what they plan on doing with him, he has a fate worse than Stamford.
    What exactly are they planing on doing with Night Thrasher? After Contest of Champions ended, I haven't seen him in anything since that early Civil War anthology tie-in book, and as far as I know, he isn't going to be in anything upcoming.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-08-2017 at 03:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Not a fan of the art style but this project seems to really suit him, somehow.
    I dunno. I'd be outright lying if I said I wasn't a little intrigued. (Trailer only shows so much, but it amused me how it aesthetically flip-flops between bougie and ghetto and genuinely classy and charming).

Also, the art style's fine with me. In fact, that's the one thing I unambiguously like about it.

I heard about this before, though, and I am less ambiguously looking forward to this. I really love the artwork.

I'm curious how the story is going to turn out. I wonder what the author means when they say they're playing up the "queer tension"? Like, will there'll be outright boyfriends, typical sports/battle anime and mange male-to-male tension, or both?
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-08-2017 at 03:08 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Ta-Nehisi Coates on Trump as the first "White President"

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...m_source=atlfb
    Good read is good. I'll need to finish it later, 'cause I need to get some sleep, but awesome read so far is awesome!

I really do like Coates. He's as beautiful with words as ever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Man, I didn't even like the first Destiny, but here I go putting in 12 hours on Destiny 2 on a work night. Guess I'm calling in. I normally hate playing shooters on a console, but I ended up leveling a code of protection Titan. All I do is run around the map punching the hell out of everything. Can't die unless my target has too much armor, or it explodes. Every day is the fist of July.
    Yeah, the general consensus is that Destiny 2 is what Destiny should have been from the jump.

I'd play it but I can only deal with one MMO at a time and be a productive human.

I know Destiny 2 isn't marketed as an MMO but it certainly seems like one to me.

Astonishing Member

HAHA I'll be picking up the game tonight, but the key question is though, how is the storyline? That's what killed the first destiny game for me, it was like a FPS with rpg lite element while I was looking more for like a multiplayer mass effect moment. Is it more involved and deals with your character more like The Old Republic? Or is it more of the same rpg lite elements.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    HAHA I'll be picking up the game tonight, but the key question is though, how is the storyline? That's what killed the first destiny game for me, it was like a FPS with rpg lite element while I was looking more for like a multiplayer mass effect moment. Is it more involved and deals with your character more like The Old Republic? Or is it more of the same rpg lite elements.
    From what I have seen in the various trailers D2 seems to be like what I THINK WOW is like(never played it so I could be wrong about WOW).

There's an overarching storyline, but I don't think that your character is the lead hero, you are the guy that
    gets stuff done for the main leader types.

BANNED

Too busy playing Yakuza Kiwami, nothing is better than beating a guy's head in with a bike and than wandering into a swimsuit bar afterwards