Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Wait.....what!?
    A thread was talking about the real Marvel coming back and she, Miles & Cho got bought up.

While it's pretty clear Miles will be around, there was doubt about the later two.

With an insult to Cho and Riri. Hopes Riri will vanish.

We get the comment "that is what she gets for trying to replace Storm."

So I guess Moon Girl, Monica, Misty and Midnight Angels who have been in books with better reviews than any book Storm has been in until she got her stealth solo run in Black Panther-don't count.

Have Riri and Storm even been seen together?

And even if she was, it's not like it would be heard to make folks forget Storm is around since her own franchise wall papers her. Of course Coates is pushing for a Storm solo at the guy he was hired to write expense. Then folks wonder why sales are down.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While they have a perfectly legit beef, I'm not so sure about trying to call out a portrayal of Major that is light on the "Expressiveness" makes complete sense.
    Agreed. The Major is pretty affectless in all of the anime.

It's only the original manga that gives her any kind of personality.

She is more of a boozy, flirty troublemaker in the Manga.

Incredible Member

Hey quick question has it ever been explained why Miles last name is Morales if his dad last name is different?

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    Hey quick question has it ever been explained why Miles last name is Morales if his dad last name is different?
    If I remember correctly; he has his mother's last name.
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whiskey, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
    If I remember correctly; he has his mother's last name.
    And is father took his wife's last name when they married.

Niffleheim

In the Comic it was never explained i always assumed that it had something to do with Jefferson's past but in the Novel the explanation was simply given,i think, to avoid the association/jokes that would ensue in being known as Miles Davis.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    In the Comic it was never explained i always assumed that it had something to do with Jefferson's past but in the Novel the explanation was simply given,i think, to avoid the association/jokes that would ensue in being known as Miles Davis.
    Okay that is really clever if true. At first I thought it was just Bendis being ignorant of cultural norms especially after that black spider man debacle. Really like to see more interactions between new power man and Miles could prove interesting

https://www.propublica.org/article/f...ach-jew-haters
    Facebook was helping groups market directly to anti-Semitic movements and individuals and profiting off of it

Ultimate Member

Okay that is really clever if true. At first I thought it was just Bendis being ignorant of cultural norms especially after that black spider man debacle. Really like to see more interactions between new power man and Miles could prove interesting
    Interesting enough Bendis did troll folks with Miles going by Miles Davis in the recent Spider-Man issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Interesting enough Bendis did troll folks with Miles going by Miles Davis in the recent Spider-Man issue.

Well Reynolds has said him and Bendis have talked, Bendis has read it and Marvel wants them teaming up on a unknown project so this is probably Bendis doing what he's always being accused of doing wrong "making it all connected"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Wait.....what!?
    My thoughts exactly.

Speaking of Storm's recent presence in Black Panther and the Crew and the current arc of Black Panther (and yes, I know it was meant as another tired dig against Coates), I'm supremely pleased that Coates is slowly but surely repairing the damaged relationship between T'Challa and Ororo.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-14-2017 at 05:19 PM.

So apparently Charlie of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was supposed to be black

http://pictorial.jezebel.com/charlie...gin-1805668386

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So apparently Charlie of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was supposed to be black

http://pictorial.jezebel.com/charlie...gin-1805668386

Hmm...I wonder if we will soon see a remake with this new revelation.

Christopher Priest is taking over Justice League. Our boy is finally making it to the big time!
    http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/09...justice-league

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

So I guess Moon Girl, Monica, Misty and Midnight Angels who have been in books with better reviews than any book Storm has been in until she got her stealth solo run in Black Panther-don't count.
    Literally none of those characters have anywhere near the visibility of Storm. Even Misty getting love on TV doesn't come close. Don't get me wrong, it's incredibly stupid to say that Marvel publishing a new black superheroine is automatically them trying to replace Storm (since it implies Marvel can only have one black woman) and I doubt Riri was conceived with the goal of making the next Storm. But if we're talking notoriety, Storm is still Marvel's most recognizable black female hero by a huge margin. It's not even close.
    Last edited by Holt; 09-15-2017 at 10:22 AM.