While this is not a huge one, it appears that Cray's entire support team in Wild Storm: Michael Cray will be minority. Of interest: it will include alternate versions of DV8 members Hector Morales(Powerhaus) and Leon Carver(Frostbite).

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If THAT was a Marvel book--Shawn James and especially Diversity & Comic guy would raise so much HELL.

The police officers conversation alone-would get this book ripped if it was under Marvel.

It's already got a felony on it because it did the one thing we haven't seen that much at DC-a black hero acknowledges working with another one as Cyborg's name is mentioned. Somewhere in the past those two worked together.
    I'm sure you're aware by now, but DiC did do a video. He basically said that he liked the superhero parts, but didn't like the "black lives matter" message and said that the comic claims that all cops are racist ( which of course it doesn't). Then he threw it across the room.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While this is not a huge one, it appears that Cray's entire support team in Wild Storm: Michael Cray will be minority. Of interest: it will include alternate versions of DV8 members Hector Morales(Powerhaus) and Leon Carver(Frostbite).
    Identity Politics! Why can't alternative universe Cray just hire the best person for the job?! Why is he so obsessed with race? I'm going to buy that comic and then throw it across the room. (sarcasm)

Why follow people you dislike?

So Bendis has signed an exclusive contract with DC after leaving Marvel

https://www.cbr.com/brian-michael-bendis-dc-exclusive/

Should we start being worried about Miles, Riri and Jessica now?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Jessica? No. Miles? Maybe. Riri? Yes.

Extraordinary Member

I honestly never thought that would happen.

I really hope those characters don't fall off the map, or worse.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    Jessica? No. Miles? Maybe. Riri? Yes.
    At least Jessica and Miles have a big enough footprint in other media (live action or cartoons) to justify Marvel's paying attention to them.

Riri to be blunt, however is pretty much screwed.

After all the only difference between Riri and Lila Rhodes (War Machine's now unseen genius niece) was Bendis.

Even if Jessica's book is cancelled I figure she'll be safe. All my concern is on Miles and Riri at the moment.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

I know he's written Batman before but Bendis coming to DC sounds like a nightmare. I've always found miles more tolerable when he's being written by someone other than bendis. Miles being killed off would be a PR nightmare for them.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 11-07-2017 at 08:41 AM.

I feel more secure about Miles than Riri, but getting rid of Riri would definitely not look good for Marvel. She's gotten some pretty decent press like that fan video from MIT.

The toys are being shown at the MCM London Comic Con and Heat Vision has the first look below.

The six-inch figures are part of the Marvel Legends line and feature cate deco and premium articulation. Like other Legends lines, they will have a Build-a-Figure in which each set will come with a body part so that when you collect them all, you complete Okoye, the character that is one of Panther’s bodyguards.

Among the characters in the line are Black Panther, the villainous Erik Killmonger (played in the movie by Michael B. Jordan), and Nakia, a deadly fighter played by Lupita Nyong’o.

The movie comes out Feb. 16, 2018, but you’ll be able to get your paws on the figures a bit earlier when they hit shelves January. They will be sold separately and retail for $19.99.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...vealed-1051540
    Hopefully they'll get a line for the younger kids.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Miles No , Riri maybe & Jessica Yes..

Astonishing Member

Well this is possibly the worst news for comics I've received in years. With this, Miles, Riri, and Luke Cage/Jessica Jones relationship is in jeapordy.

Luke Cage/Jessica Jones remains the only bm/wf marriage in comics. It's also currently the only bm/wf relationship in comics. And we know what happens when other writers try to get their hands on relationships. They either make it impossible for them to be together like in the netflix television show, or they try to have their relationship near non existant like with Power Man/Iron Fist. It wasn't until Bendis got them back together in the defenders where their relationship began to get explored again. With Bendis gone, this relationship is pretty much screwed.

Miles is definitely screwed. The big reason for miles push to stardom is the combine fact of the pull he has at marvel and the lightning strike aspect of events that happen at that time regarding donald glover and minorities wanting to be certain heroes but couldn't because of their race. Without bendis, the only people that want to write miles are either low selling writers or brand new writers. We see what happens in champions where Miles is constantly seen on the sidelines unless he's one of the only heroes remaining. Then waid actually happens to write him somewhat decently and not a wallpaper character. Without Bendis pull for the character, not only is Miles push into the bigger media coming into a major halt, his series can easily enter death's doorbell if a high end writer isn't placed on his book. And it can't be just a high end writer, it has to be a high end writer with a passion for the character. And to my knowledge, at marvel, there isn't any.

Riri is royally screwed. I mean completely, I don't see how she has any chance of surviving this. She hasn't had enough time to pierce into other media forms yet to gain that general audience appreciation. Her only accalade besides a decent selling and pretty good book is her MIT comment.

This is really turning into a bad time for marvel comics. Jane may possibly be dying and unlike Thor, we don't know if she's coming back. But if the era of legacy characters comes to an end, than so does my interest in marvel comics.

What's going to damage Miles will be Marvel changing his name and trying to "streamline" the Spider-Man universe, i.e. ONE Spider-Man.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum