Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    I’m seeing Justice League today and I’m excited. But the press surrounding JL is just crazy. Ben Affleck is in trouble for making a Joke about the Hollywood sexual harassment claims. People are upset about the Amazons costumes being too revealing. As well as the fact that (Spoilers) there’s possibly a scene where Flash trips and falls into WW chest and apparently Gal Gadot refused to film it so they used a body double. And Joss Whedon liking tweets criticizing Steppenwolf, comparing him to Malekith. I’m remaining optimistic but this negative press could harm the film and future DC movies.

spoilers:
    He didn't trip and fall on WW chest. There was debris coming down on wonder woman and he dives to save her, but right afterwards stands back up and looks away after he realize he was laying on wonder woman. I really hope she wasn't upset about that scene because that would just be unnecessary.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    If your last name is Parker, then that would explain everything.
    Hahaha I wish, and if I was given spider powers than I wouldn't have mind that type of hassle. And it was so funny because my roommate when
    they first started helping me out, he was so optimistic like "Hey, you're moving out today, your car and electronics was recovered which most folks don't get their stuff back, it's still a great day."

And then towards the end he was like "You have some of the worst luck I have ever seen in human history" lol.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    spoilers:
    He didn't trip and fall on WW chest. There was debris coming down on wonder woman and he dives to save her, but right afterwards stands back up and looks away after he realize he was laying on wonder woman. I really hope she wasn't upset about that scene because that would just be unnecessary.
    end of spoilers
    Oh okay. There were different people describing the scene online, I just didn’t want something like that hurt the film. But there are people saying the movie oversexualized WW as well as the film made a lot of sexual jokes throughout the film.

Astonishing Member

Oh okay. There were different people describing the scene online, I just didn’t want something like that hurt the film. But there are people saying the movie oversexualized WW as well as the film made a lot of sexual jokes throughout the film.
    I can understand that criticism, the only time her beauty wasn't mention around a superhero was cyborg and Superman. Bruce partner kept saying they should go on a date, Flash was goo goo eyes over her, (but that wasn't saying much since he was also goo goo eyes over batman.) Aquaman says she's gorgeous after accidentally sitting on the lasso of truth.

So I wouldn't say sexual jokes per say, but there was definitely a lot of comments about her in a romantic sense in the movie be it referring to either her beauty or dating.

Spectacular Member

I can understand that criticism, the only time her beauty wasn't mention around a superhero was cyborg and Superman. Bruce partner kept saying they should go on a date, Flash was goo goo eyes over her, (but that wasn't saying much since he was also goo goo eyes over batman.) Aquaman says she's gorgeous after accidentally sitting on the lasso of truth.

So I wouldn't say sexual jokes per say, but there was definitely a lot of comments about her in a romantic sense in the movie be it referring to either her beauty or dating.
    Thanks and apparently some of the sexualizing talks stems from Grace Randolph (Beyond the trailer) making a big deal over it. I watched her video and I think she’s overreacting. She evens says that the meeting between Cyborg and WW involves Cyborg looking at WW with “bedroom” eyes, lol. I guess the controversies are just overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    This is a common mis-step in Shonen Fiction, I think.

Goku starts out as a weird underdog with natural talent who busts his ass to be the best.

It's not until we get to Dragonball Z that we find out he's from a race of uber aliens and that his dad was far tougher than even the average Sayan.

Naurto pulled this too. He started out as a weird underdog with natural talent and then in Shippuden we find out that he was the son of gifted
    and highly ranked uber ninjas all along.
    I quit Shippuden after a while, too much power creep. I could buy him being the son of the fourth hokage, Him getting powerup after powerup, and then the revalation that he's basically ninja jesus was just too much.

One Piece hasn't approached that yet, surprisingly enough, My Hero Academia hasn't either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I quit Shippuden after a while, too much power creep. I could buy him being the son of the fourth hokage, Him getting powerup after powerup, and then the revalation that he's basically ninja jesus was just too much.

One Piece hasn't approached that yet, surprisingly enough, My Hero Academia hasn't either.
    Cool. I haven't seen either show yet. I'll have to check them both out.

I will say Bleach pulled a similar stunt as Naruto and Dragonball, but they did it even quicker.

Ichigo isn't insanely strong because of a fluke or because of his great desire to protect, like we first think.

Being uber-powerful is part of his heritage we find out later. So his classmates can never catch up no matter how hard they train
    or how many power ups they get.

I will say Bleach pulled a similar stunt as Naruto and Dragonball, but they did it even quicker.

Ichigo isn't insanely strong because of a fluke or because of his great desire to protect, like we first think.

Being uber-powerful is part of his heritage we find out later. So his classmates can never catch up no matter how hard they train
    I really wonder what was the point of Kubonfibing his friends powers yet keeping them useless for the majority of the series once the Shinigami show up

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I really wonder what was the point of Kubonfibing his friends powers yet keeping them useless for the majority of the series once the Shinigami show up
    And then making the Soul Society members the primary guest stars, shoving the Karakura(?) City classmate crew even further into the background.

It really seems like plot isn't Kubo's strong point even by Manga writers standards.

I'd totally buy apparel he ever decides to design tho.

Astonishing Member

Thanks and apparently some of the sexualizing talks stems from Grace Randolph (Beyond the trailer) making a big deal over it. I watched her video and I think she’s overreacting. She evens says that the meeting between Cyborg and WW involves Cyborg looking at WW with “bedroom” eyes, lol. I guess the controversies are just overblown.
    Wait what? Cyborg look pretty much depressed throughout the entire moving, he pretty much needed an anti-depressant pill lol. Yeah, Grace (BTT) isn't really the best source to discuss about certain topics. I realize that when her white privilege definitely starting to reveal her ugly head and I unsubscribed shortly afterwards.

Yeah, Grace (BTT) isn't really the best source to discuss about certain topics. I realize that when her white privilege definitely starting to reveal her ugly head and I unsubscribed shortly afterwards.
    I bounce back and forth between the same 4 or 5 interwebz critics. Sometimes just the one but when a big one like this or any of the cape movie releases, all of them. Grace I've learned for some time now, would never be one of the voices I solicit for just that reason. Not to mention she need to pull her damn face away from the camera and the thumbnails, she's scaring the kids.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I quit Bleach after the Timeskip too, I know that Kubo didn't want to, but it really should have ended after Ichigo beat Aizen. Luffy's kind of like that in One Piece, His father is the world's most wanted criminal, his grandfather is a marine admiral, and both of his brothers are wanted pirates as well, but Oda keeps it balanced so that Luffy has to earn every win and the enemies get more and more powerful.

Spectacular Member

Wait what? Cyborg look pretty much depressed throughout the entire moving, he pretty much needed an anti-depressant pill lol. Yeah, Grace (BTT) isn't really the best source to discuss about certain topics. I realize that when her white privilege definitely starting to reveal her ugly head and I unsubscribed shortly afterwards.
    I tune in every once in a while just see what is being said. But I agree, I even recall her saying that Cyborg wearing a hoodie is comparable to Trayvon Martin when she reviewed one of the JL trailers. I also got a racial vibe from her when Zazie Beetz was cast as Domino, in her video she seemed angry that they “racebended” her when Domino doesn’t even have a race.

Justice Smith (the lead from The Get Down) is starring in the Pokemon movie.
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ge...ve-1202617079/

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    It even surpassed too much when Sasuke was also a reincarnation of Ninja Jesus's son. If being a reincarnation was the only way to stay relevant in Shippuden, then Kishimoto should have gave Indra and Asura a sister, so that Sakura could be a reincarnation, too.

Her being Sakura's wife is one of the reasons why I refuse to watch Boruto.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York