Haven't seen Justice League yet, but why is anyone bothered by the talk in the film of Wonder Woman's beauty? That's supposed to be one of her powers, right? The beauty of Aphrodite. So you have to kind of spell out how mesmerizing she is, since it isn't as demonstrative a power as strength or speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Haven't seen Justice League yet, but why is anyone bothered by the talk in the film of Wonder Woman's beauty? That's supposed to be one of her powers, right? The beauty of Aphrodite. So you have to kind of spell out how mesmerizing she is, since it isn't as demonstrative a power as strength or speed.
    Who is upset? Tumblr? They always get upset dont pay attention to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    It even surpassed too much when Sasuke was also a reincarnation of Ninja Jesus's son. If being a reincarnation was the only way to stay relevant in Shippuden, then Kishimoto should have gave Indra and Asura a sister, so that Sakura could be a reincarnation, too.

Her being Sakura's wife is one of the reasons why I refuse to watch Boruto.
    There are two things that Naruto screws up more than any manga I've ever read

> Female characters - when Kishimoto isn't putting them in toxic relationships with male characters, he's going out of his way to make them utterly useless in combat. Even Tsunade and Mei, the two female Kage and the most powerful heroines in the story, still come across as less effective in the battle with Madara.

> Redemption arcs - I admit I did feel he mostly handled Gaara's well but everyone else felt like a parody. Even frigging Orochimaru got one.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Justice Smith (the lead from The Get Down) is starring in the Pokemon movie.
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ge...ve-1202617079/
    Theres a Pokémon movie? Let’s hope it’s not trash like every other anime adaptation. Personally I think Digimon would be a much cooler movie, though.

Invincible Member

I haven't heard that. I did read where some people were bothered by the difference in the amazon's clothes in JL vs the Wonder Woman movie...

Extraordinary Member

Dude don't even explain it just ignore those ppl.

I haven't seen anyone upset by the beauty. There are some unnecessarily fanservicey shots of Wonder Woman in the movie though, which I've seen some people criticize.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    Theres a Pokémon movie? Let’s hope it’s not trash like every other anime adaptation. Personally I think Digimon would be a much cooler movie, though.
    It's going to be an adaptation of the detective Pikachu game to my knowledge so I think that gives them a bit of leeway with world. A straight up adaptation of the anime or main games would most likely be terrible though.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I haven't heard that. I did read where some people were bothered by the difference in the amazon's clothes in JL vs the Wonder Woman movie...
    I saw JL last night and I liked it. I was surprised by how much I liked it, the tone was a little inconsistent at first, it couldn't decide whether it wanted to be serious or funny, but I thought it evened itself out in the end.

Anyhow, here be spoilers.

spoilers:
    Okay, as for the guys fawning over Wonder Woman, Only Aquaman and Flash do it, and they each only do it once. They just talk about how pretty she is. They're not doing anything like ranking her on a scale of one to ten, or the camera panning up on her all sexy. That isn't happening at all. As for the Amazons with the bare midriffs that look like they're from 300, you see them for about a minute. Most of them are still wearing the same clothes they wore in wonder woman. Some folks really need to get off their social media high horse sometimes. They use a motherbox to Frankenstein Superman back to life and he's pissed at batman for doing it. "You won't let me live, you won't let me die, tell me...do you bleed?" He says while he rings batmans neck. Wonder Woman talks about Superman like she's known him for years, she even calls him Kal-El at one point, how does she know his name when they just met like a few months ago. He also stops her from doing the clang thing with her gauntlets, she spams that move more than an SF player does the hakoken.

I've been saying for a while that Henry Cavill is charming enough to be superman, and they actually let him be a little charming after he beats up the league. He puts a costume on, smiles, makes some jokes, and even races the flash.
    Steppenwolf kicks nearly all their asses, but they make him scared enough for his parademons to eat him. I kind of hope we see Orion, Big Barda, or Mister Miracle in the Sequel. Wonder Woman does have some light romantic tension with Batman, and a little with cyborg, or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Oh yeah, you see a green lantern get killed. This was during a fight scene way in the past so I doubt it was abin sur.

Jason Mamoa was also pretty great as Aquabro, I liked Amber Heard as Mera, she was in the movie for about a minute too.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Overhazard; 11-17-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I haven't seen anyone upset by the beauty. There are some unnecessarily fanservicey shots of Wonder Woman in the movie though, which I've seen some people criticize.
    People have also complained that the filmmakers went out of their way to redesign the somewhat practical looking armor of the Amazons to straight up
    Leather Bikinis that show more skin.

Especially since they could have saved money/production costs by re-using the Amazon costumes that they already had.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    People have also complained that the filmmakers went out of their way to redesign the somewhat practical looking armor of the Amazons to straight up
    Leather Bikinis that show more skin.

Especially since they could have saved money/production costs by re-using the Amazon costumes that they already had.
    What I've notice though is the women who have more skin showing are the women with some of the best physiques I've ever seen. For example, one of the two in question is Brooke Ence, who makes Gal Gadot look very frail in comparison.

The problem is you have to find that balance of showing off a physique and practicality. Especially when it comes to women where they have a LONG history of being oversexualize.

I'll be honest though, the scenes her and the other cross fit champion were in, I kinda wish they were wonder women instead.

The way I always understood it was that all of the other Amazons had to work at being strong, so they would look very cut and buff. Wonder Woman, however, had the strength of Hercules bestowed upon her, so she never really had to work out to develop, so she's not going to look quite as ripped as the other Amazons.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Looks like Alonso got the ax yall

https://www.cbr.com/c-b-cebulski-mar...itor-in-chief/
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Extraordinary Member

The way I always understood it was that all of the other Amazons had to work at being strong, so they would look very cut and buff. Wonder Woman, however, had the strength of Hercules bestowed upon her, so she never really had to work out to develop, so she's not going to look quite as ripped as the other Amazons.
    Moreover in the Bronze Age if I remember correctly, all Amazons were superhuman (Diana was just the best fighter among the superhuman Amazons ).

So there's sort of an in story reason that DCs Amazons of the 70's looked like supermodels instead of bodybuilders.

Back then they were all superhuman.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    I wonder what this means for all the things done under him, specifically all the new characters. People like Diveristy & Comics and Capn Cummings been wanting his head for a minute now. This could be because they lost Bendis.