Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Also, from what I heard the skimpy clothing isn't worn in battle in JL. The Amazons were armor similar to what they wore in WW.
    Once I see the film, I'll try to double check that and report back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    These are pictures from the production of Wonder Woman, which can be seen worn by characters in the film.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...

This is a picture shared by Snyder several months ago for Justice League
    http://comicbook.com/dc/201...
    Neither link works.
    First one just goes to the homepage, second one is a 404.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Nobody is surprised about Messy Jessy, I had the misfortune of meeting him in person and scumbag is being to nice.

John Singleton......he helped give us Tyrese sooooooooo
    I'm curious, was this at some sort of function or did you just happen to meet him on the street?

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    "Liberal racist Steve Englehart is forcing his commie agenda on me! Why can't Cap stories be about punching bad guys?!"
    Funny you mention Englehart considering what he did to Falcon.

Does anyone remember the anger and tears over Truth: Red, White, and Blue by Reggie Hudlin? I read that book and I was just like "Does anyone know about the Tuskeegee Experiments? Because this story sounds like it was based on that." With those kinds of readers, they read superhero comics because it allows them to wallow in a world where POC, women, LGBT knew their place (or didn't show up at all). So any comic that even remotely challenges that no matter how conventional pisses them off.

Robert Morales wrote it, actually. It's rumored that might be why there's some supposed dispute over the character of Eli Bradley.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There is a distinct different in tone between the two...

Having now seen the film, the answer to this is right there in the post quoted. Just not the difference I believe Carabas is alluding to.

They are in the film. Those costumes actually make sense in context. Don't really want to spoil anything be going any further into the specifics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Having now seen the film, the answer to this is right there in the post quoted. Just not the difference I believe Carabas is alluding to.

They are in the film. Those costumes actually make sense in context. Don't really want to spoil anything be going any further into the specifics.
    That's what spoiler tags are for.

Could the Snap Wilson thing have been not so much Englehart's doing as much as it were editorial mandate? Marvel was trying to jump on the blaxplo bandwagon with several of their AA characters at the time.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

All-New Member

there a thread on reddit of all the cuts part of the movie JUSTICE LEAGUE of the cuts three of them relate to cyborg and I glad these part got cut out
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/c...2/differences/
    Last edited by voltblack; 11-18-2017 at 02:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm curious, was this at some sort of function or did you just happen to meet him on the street?

It was at a church function in Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Could the Snap Wilson thing have been not so much Englehart's doing as much as it were editorial mandate? Marvel was trying to jump on the blaxplo bandwagon with several of their AA characters at the time.
    Didn't Englehart later try to defend Snap Wilson by saying the story intentionally left it vague as to whether it was true or just Red Skull playing mind games with Steve and Sam? Because he left the title shortly after it, and subsequent writers (including Priest) took Snap Wilson as canon. He may honestly have intended it to just be a lie like was initially hinted.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Didn't Englehart later try to defend Snap Wilson by saying the story intentionally left it vague as to whether it was true or just Red Skull playing mind games with Steve and Sam? Because he left the title shortly after it, and subsequent writers (including Priest) took Snap Wilson as canon. He may honestly have intended it to just be a lie like was initially hinted.
    Yep. And since then it was confirmed as fiction during Remender's Cap run. Or as confirmed as anything can be in superhero comics, that is heh.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's what spoiler tags are for.
    Sunday night, I'll post something.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Funny you mention Englehart considering what he did to Falcon.

Does anyone remember the anger and tears over Truth: Red, White, and Blue by Reggie Hudlin? I read that book and I was just like "Does anyone know about the Tuskeegee Experiments? Because this story sounds like it was based on that." With those kinds of readers, they read superhero comics because it allows them to wallow in a world where POC, women, LGBT knew their place (or didn't show up at all). So any comic that even remotely challenges that no matter how conventional pisses them off.
    That's the weird thing about Steve: While he did introduce Snap Wilson, he's also the writer that showed Sam asking Black Panther to create his wings.

One black hero empowering another is pretty awesome.

On the DC side....

While Steve did not bring John Stewart back as Green Lantern in the 1980's, he's the writer who did the most with him when Starlin & Priest did their damage afterward.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 11-19-2017 at 09:19 AM.