Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Wow, she's absolutely stunning.
    To be honest she doesn't look like she can pass for a man or a pretty man
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Black Panther was a well-known character but outside of his own book he was largely known as the member of the Avengers who bounced around and got whooped.

That came to an end (for the most part) under writers like Christopher Priest and Reggie Hudlin. I can't see Black Panther getting his own movie in the 90s but look at what nineteen years of constant promotion did.

While Jack Kirby and Stan Lee provided the foundation and there were innovators like Don Macgregor, there were also writers like Roy Thomas who watered down Black Panther. Since more people were reading Avengers than Jungle Action/Black Panther their perception of the character was shaped by those portrayals.
    I could after Blade happened.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Here's a problem I have with the whole Spider-man: Menace editorials from JJJ: Is the Bugle the only paper in town? I grew up in NYC and there has ALWAYS been at least three papers, each with their own editorial style and political views. So why should the whole city turn against Spider-man just because one newspaper is against him? One would think at least one other editor would think to play into a rivalry with Jameson by backing Spider-man.
    JJJ was the original troll. Also the bastard has charisma, and an iron will.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I don't dislike Cyborg, but I've never been able to decouple him mentally, from the Teen Titans. I've never seen him as a Leaguer. Mr. Terrific, Icon, Steel, Black Lightning, hell even the Crispus Allen version of the Spectre. All more suitable characters, IMO.
    Same here. I always saw him as a Titan first and foremost. Even with Super Friends (people use that as him being "League material", but that was one single short season and his was junior along with Firestorm), I saw him as a Titan. I did feel for the longest that the slot should have been John Stewart or Steel based on Morrison's JLA & JLU.

I associate Icon with Milestone....but if DC got it right with Static the first time during the New 52 mess, I could see Icon leading his own government superteam with the higher ups seeing him as their "secret weapon" against Superman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    This might be random but Cyborg is leading the team when Priest takes over Justice League. Hmm..
    Veeeery interesting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I .... don't think Bendis would be a good fit for Vixen or John
    I don't want him anywhere near them or Cyborg or Steel or etc

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    Same here. I always saw him as a Titan first and foremost. Even with Super Friends (people use that as him being "League material", but that was one single short season and his was junior along with Firestorm), I saw him as a Titan. I did feel for the longest that the slot should have been John Stewart or Steel based on Morrison's JLA & JLU.

I associate Icon with Milestone....but if DC got it right with Static the first time during the New 52 mess, I could see Icon leading his own government superteam with the higher ups seeing him as their "secret weapon" against Superman.
    Oh that's right, he was on that Super Powers team cartoon where Frank Welker voiced Darkseid and he was always trying to get Wonder Woman to marry him. I thought he was just a guy in a suit when I was little, I didn't really understand what a cyborg was. It still kind of blows my mind that out of all of the black superheroes dc has, the one they've been pushing on us is Cyborg.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    To be honest she doesn't look like she can pass for a man or a pretty man

The Make Up Gods are going to have to do wonders, but at the same time, I can see it happening if they went the pretty man route.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Oh that's right, he was on that Super Powers team cartoon where Frank Welker voiced Darkseid and he was always trying to get Wonder Woman to marry him. I thought he was just a guy in a suit when I was little, I didn't really understand what a cyborg was. It still kind of blows my mind that out of all of the black superheroes dc has, the one they've been pushing on us is Cyborg.
    Even back then I thought it was hilarious how Black Vulcan disappeared the season Cyborg showed up. I can just see the showrunners: "Two negroes on the same team? That would be ridiculous!"
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Even back then I thought it was hilarious how Black Vulcan disappeared the season Cyborg showed up. I can just see the showrunners: "Two negroes on the same team? That would be ridiculous!"
    We did see Black Vulcan in the opening credits-I want to say when Firestorm showed up.

It still kind of blows my mind that out of all of the black superheroes dc has, the one they've been pushing on us is Cyborg.
    Aside from John Stewart-who was running around outside of comic books someone would know?

It's easier to toss out someone who is already out there than put effort in a better choice.

But how frustrating is it for Dc minority fans to keep getting scraps and Marvel is doing WDGAF now attitude. They are going all out to showcase a black hero. As if that trailer wasn't making folks go nuts-now you got the Infinity one with Panther and all his troops standing on Wakanda ground ready to fight.

If that is not going to be the most gif out scene on Twitter or Tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    We never saw a rival paper to the Bugle at Marvel until the late 70's early 80's. where we saw Peter Parker working for the Daily Globe, who loved Spider Man.

Well it was more like the editor of the Globe, Bernie Bushkin didn't care about Spider Man one way or the other, but he was a business rival of Jameson's who played up Spider Man as a good guy for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

Marvel had so much fun with JJJ that they forgot to give him any competition.
    Bushkin and his paper are introduced in one Lee-Ditko story, and then disappear until being revived in the 1970s. In the 60s story, Parker successfully sells some photos to Bushkin, but the guy is so nosy about Parker's photographic methods that Parker retreats back to Jonah.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    We did see Black Vulcan in the opening credits-I want to say when Firestorm showed up.

Aside from John Stewart-who was running around outside of comic books someone would know?

It's easier to toss out someone who is already out there than put effort in a better choice.

But how frustrating is it for Dc minority fans to keep getting scraps and Marvel is doing WDGAF now attitude. They are going all out to showcase a black hero. As if that trailer wasn't making folks go nuts-now you got the Infinity one with Panther and all his troops standing on Wakanda ground ready to fight.

If that is not going to be the most gif out scene on Twitter or Tumblr.
    I can't help but think that plenty of fans of DC's minority characters are quite pleased with WB's treatment of them in film.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    We never saw a rival paper to the Bugle at Marvel until the late 70's early 80's. where we saw Peter Parker working for the Daily Globe, who loved Spider Man.

Well it was more like the editor of the Globe, Bernie Bushkin didn't care about Spider Man one way or the other, but he was a business rival of Jameson's who played up Spider Man as a good guy for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

Marvel had so much fun with JJJ that they forgot to give him any competition.
    He ( Bushkin) hated og white tiger like jj hated Spider-Man ( Parker)

Extraordinary Member

I might get flamed for this.......but Thanos in the trailer reminds me of Suge Knight during the 1990's.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I might get flamed for this.......but Thanos in the trailer reminds me of Suge Knight during the 1990's.

I can see that..