Ultimate Member

Diversity & Comics is going to throw a FIT over Black Lighting issue 2.

He might burn that book on youtube.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I still have fond memories of the old cartoon. That voice actress was so fun. "Winds...take them....AWAAAAAAAAY!!"
    Phil Morris's sister did her voice.

I want to say Todd Bridges's sister did her voice once.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Diversity & Comics is going to throw a FIT over Black Lighting issue 2.

He might burn that book on youtube.
    Wow. I'll make sure to mark that episode down on my list of shit I didn't care about then and don't care about now. I see people bring this guy up occasionally, but I have no clue who he is.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Wow. I'll make sure to mark that episode down on my list of shit I didn't care about then and don't care about now. I see people bring this guy up occasionally, but I have no clue who he is.
    Consider yourself LUCKY.

He's the guy who makes creators NOT want to interact with fans. He only targets POC, LGBT & women lead books and anyone who writes them at the Big Two.

However he's one of the few who can actually point out what he doesn't like in a book unlike some of the ones who talk general and dodge questions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The former isn't that dark and the latter plays the death to humorously to be considered dark.

Logan dealt with themes of loss, exploitation, death and moving on from tragedy. There was more to it than swearing and blood.

No there wasn’t with any themes delt with Logan, the movie pettered out in the middle thanks to padding before trying to get to a point towards the end. It did the exact same thing it did with the other X-amen movies in suck Logan’s wang, get innocent people killed and tell you he’s the best except this time they just got rid of those pesky X-Men this time. As I said get a little blood and Logan actually cutting people and folks are like “OMG THIS IS THE BEST AND SAYS SO MUCH”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

Personally, I don't count the robots, but I have to disagree with what you wrote. Heck, if you google "Darkest Captain America movie," the very first thing that pops up is "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

Add Thor Ragnarok to the list since folks are glossing over how dark that got

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    No there wasn’t with any themes delt with Logan, the movie pettered out in the middle thanks to padding before trying to get to a point towards the end. It did the exact same thing it did with the other X-amen movies in suck Logan’s wang, get innocent people killed and tell you he’s the best except this time they just got rid of those pesky X-Men this time. As I said get a little blood and Logan actually cutting people and folks are like “OMG THIS IS THE BEST AND SAYS SO MUCH”
    I could make this argument of way more superhero movies than Logan. Whether or not you liked the movie, those themes were there.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-06-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Can't be better said
    The main reason I went to see that movie was to see Eriq La Salle & Elise Neal.. The movie was good but no where near amazing as some making it out to be

Question can you have a character be A list with only 11 solo issues that sold 12K?

Said character is so A list all the success of some guy in a cat suit in an African nation owes it all to HER.

And the defense that she is A list is because Beyonce dressed as her.

She's so A list that her own franchise can't make use of her.
    Btw thanks for putting me on to Malcolm Savage Dragon

Sounds like Feige has wanted to get his hands on the X-Men for a while now.
    http://deadline.com/2017/12/what-hap...ts-1202220975/

Question can you have a character be A list with only 11 solo issues that sold 12K?
    In the current climate? Yes. The modern comic book market is so laughably small and insular that whether or not someone sells books is not really relevant to the equation anymore. Case in point, the Guardians of the Galaxy just got cancelled because their last series wasn't selling well enough. So did Ant-Man. Their last films grossed respectively 863 million and 519 million at the box office. I can walk into any toy store in the country and find Guardians and Ant-Man stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I literally do not get why people keep paying attention to this clown or bringing him up.

Extraordinary Member

And this is why I gave up on the X-Films after X2.

Extraordinary Member

Said character is so A list all the success of some guy in a cat suit in an African nation owes it all to HER.

Now hold up....you forgot that Khloe Kardashian dressed up as her, too.

Don't sleep on the revolution!!!

Extraordinary Member

I'm sorry this is still a bad argument.

Is Winter Soldier not A-Lister either? That character went over big in the movies, got played up big in the last trailer, to the point where the actor now has a vocal chick (and dude) following because of the role, but Winter Soldier can't sell a comic series at all, either.

8 out of 10 Marvel property can't sell a solo series either including The Thing. And that character has been in cartoons semi regularly since the 60's
    ( and had his own toon in the 70's).

The Marvel characters who started as characters in team book and made the jump to successful solo books are literally just Logan and Deadpool.

DC doesn't even have that many.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'm sorry this is still a bad argument.

Is Winter Soldier not A-Lister either? That character went over big in the movies, got played up big in the last trailer, to the point where the actor now has a vocal chick (and dude) following because of the role, but Winter Soldier can't sell a comic series at all, either.

8 out of 10 Marvel property can't sell a solo series either including The Thing. And that character has been in cartoons semi regularly since the 60's
    ( and had his own toon in the 70's).

The Marvel characters who started as characters in team book and made the jump to successful solo books are literally just Logan and Deadpool.

DC doesn't even have that many.
    The only DC characters I can think of like that are Power Girl, Martian Manhunter, maybe Zatanna, but I think that's pushing it, they're characters that have a fair amount of popularity, get a new series every few years, but they never last. They've never been pushed as hard as cyborg though. They'res Harley, but she started out as a TV character, and associated with Batman.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 12-07-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Edit double post