Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Completely right, Monica deserves better than being cast as Becky Danvers black friend..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Looks like that stuff about black people boycotting Black Panther because of who Jordan was dating was just a rumor

https://wearyourvoicemag.com/more/cu...ged-girlfriend
    Eh, I wouldn't call it a rumor, unless the troll was responsible for all the tweets, instagram posts, etc that voiced the boycott. But I agree that I don't see this transitioning to full blown boycott. It just wouldn't make any sense, as the entire cast is black and Michael isn't even the main star, he's the villain. Combine that with the incredible females that are in the cast like Lupita, and it would be self harm over anything else which I don't see that happening.

Most likely folks will just attack his choices on websites and twitter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Can't say I'm terribly surprised that this turned out to be nothing. When will people realize that Black Panther will be a smash hit and there's nothing that can be done to stop it. Now I have my worries for Black Panther 2 but that's a concern for another day.
    What are your concerns about a sequel?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't call it a rumor, unless the troll was responsible for all the tweets, instagram posts, etc that voiced the boycott. But I agree that I don't see this transitioning to full blown boycott. It just wouldn't make any sense, as the entire cast is black and Michael isn't even the main star, he's the villain. Combine that with the incredible females that are in the cast like Lupita, and it would be self harm over anything else which I don't see that happening.

Self harm?

We had black kids at Cornell, an Ivy league school, DEMAND the school stop accepting African students as they have not been oppressed like American blacks.

NOTHING shocks me about us.

Let this film miss it's projected box office even by 25 cents-guess who will take credit for it.

These same trolls who scream they voted for Hilary and THEY are the reason Roy Moore lost.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    What are your concerns about a sequel?
    With Disney having acquired Fox, or rather parts of it, an MCU X-Men is pretty much guranteed in the future. The way I see it much like with Homecoming some other properties are going to be pushed aside to make room for the X-Men. If I remember correctly both Ragnarok and Black Panther were pushed back to squeeze in the new Spider-Man and I can easily see a Black Panther sequel, or Antman, Dr. Strange or Captain Marvel, being put on the backburner. In addition to this I'd rather not see whatever future plans for the Black Panther franchise are tossed out so Storm can forced into the narrative. Fox had the X-men rights for damn near twenty years and didn't do anything of note with her so don't try to use an up and coming franchise to push her.

I could keep going but it all boils down to this deal benefits nothing but the X franchise.
    Last edited by ZeonsSilverStar; 01-06-2018 at 06:18 AM.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post

It was one Instagram post (that was spammed) with maybe 6 likes created by a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull in a skirt View Post
    It was one Instagram post (that was spammed) with maybe 6 likes created by a troll.
    Yeah it was totally overblown. Normally I see some sort of evidence of a boycott through posts. Like normally I see at least one person on the internet bring an issue up. So for instance. I heard people talk about not going to see Birth Of a Nation because of sexual assault allegations.

But this time I found out about it via a clickbait article. All of the Black women I know that are interested in the movie even know Jordan's love life like that. All the Black nerdy women I know had the same reaction to this boycott idea that I had which was surprize.

whist's Marvel doing to Miles Morales? Apparently people are worried that with Bendis gone Marvels gonna nuke the character
    The J-man

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    whist's Marvel doing to Miles Morales? Apparently people are worried that with Bendis gone Marvels gonna nuke the character
    I was under the impression that Miles actually has a decent following. I'm sure he'll be ok.

I'm more "worried" about the Luke/Jessica marriage and child...

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    In addition to Bendis leaving it seems that Miles is getting a new alias. It's ridiculous to me as Miguel remains Spider-Man.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Self harm?

We had black kids at Cornell, an Ivy league school, DEMAND the school stop accepting African students as they have not been oppressed like American blacks.

NOTHING shocks me about us.

Let this film miss it's projected box office even by 25 cents-guess who will take credit for it.

These same trolls who scream they voted for Hilary and THEY are the reason Roy Moore lost.
    They actually wanted more representation of American Black Students not less of anyone else. They had a few valid points the one that’s the most legitimate and often overlooked is that the population of overall black students has remained the same while the population of multi generational American blacks has gone down while immigrant and first gen black has gone up apparently significantly. The issue is with appears to be a ethnic/race based quota that a lot of ivy schools use to keep certain things in check.

Never met these kinds of trolls but black women are some of the most reliable voters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    They actually wanted more representation of American Black Students not less of anyone else. They had a few valid points the one that’s the most legitimate and often overlooked is that the population of overall black students has remained the same while the population of multi generational American blacks has gone down while immigrant and first gen black has gone up apparently significantly. The issue is with appears to be a ethnic/race based quota that a lot of ivy schools use to keep certain things in check.

How many of them have helped with recruiting?

How many of them asked what schools did the Ivy league go to? Are they going to black high schools? Or are they going to schools with a large immigrant population?

Where are they having college fairs? Were they invited to those fairs?

Who is applying? And that falls to the high school counselors. Are they encouraging this kids to apply or telling them to apply elsewhere?

Also what PERKS are "offered" for that first gen kid versus the other? For Texas for example there are PERKS to stay in Texas if you rank in the top 10% of your class (or state). I want to say you get a FREE ride to any Texas school.

If multi are not going to college-someone should ask them WHY before we attack a college.

How many are going the community college route first to get classes out of the way for CHEAP before going to that higher price school?

The way they did it was playing the victim and claiming they had it worst than anyone else.

Where is the DATA to back them up? Not some crybaby letter or tossing out self hate cards towards your own race.

Because those Ivy schools will have theirs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull in a skirt View Post
    Oh that was the source from what I saw, but there where websites that captured tweets from people saying they would boycott the film. So either this one troll also created a bit of twitter accounts to push the message (which is definitely possible.) or the troll sparked the movement and others jumped on it upon agreeing with the message. In either case, I don't see it harming Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I was under the impression that Miles actually has a decent following. I'm sure he'll be ok.

I'm more "worried" about the Luke/Jessica marriage and child...
    Oh I definitely see him being around, but he probably won't have the name spider man pretty soon, which is pretty stupid seeing as Miles being Spider Man was what drove him into popularity to begin with.

And ditto on the second statement, we saw what happened with black panther and storm, with Bendis leaving, it's only a matter of time.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    In addition to Bendis leaving it seems that Miles is getting a new alias. It's ridiculous to me as Miguel remains Spider-Man.
    Isn't he Spider-Man 2099 or called Future Spider-Man ? Also wasn't the book cancelled last year ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.